Cobb stg 2 4eat wrx vs stock S2000 - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Cobb stg 2 4eat wrx vs stock S2000 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; you should beat him, s2000 dont pull that hard. with stg 2 why wouldnt you? i bet you could beat ...

you should beat him, s2000 dont pull that hard. with stg 2 why wouldnt you? i bet you could beat him from a roll too. i did.
    07 STi Cobb AP2, TBE, Kartboy, RCE

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

From a roll drop it into 2nd or 3rd depending on speed. from a dig brake torque to about 3300 rpm or as high as you can. Use the handbrake if you have trouble...

I've had a personal experience where a 4eat dropped into 3rd got a jump on an MT from a roll, both stock. You just have to know the optimal gear to drop it into. Then dont forget to switch it to Drive once you get going...

Yes IMHO a manual will be faster...not WAY faster but faster if you are in the right gear at the start.

I think he meant would the EM change his shift points/speed, not the actual gearing itself. I'm not sure but I know some of the EM for Audi and VW do actually let you hold gears longer and make shifts faster.

I say race, if you don't win it'll be close, no shame in losing to a faster car, I do it all the time .
    -Abe

I wouldn't make such a big deal out of 1 race, but this one is kindy odd. You see, this car belongs to my wife. I've convinced her to let me upgraded "her" car so she can beat her best friends new car (S2000).

I have to make sure that we win next weekend or else I'm going to be sleeping on the couch, get dogged on by her best friend for life, and possibly having to spend more money on the upgrade cuz my wife is pissed off from the lose and wants it faster....

A lot is at stake here ROFL!
    07 RDX

04 STI: SOLD
    02 4eat Cobb Stg 2 WRX Wagon: Wife's

With engine management, it won't change your gearing or shift points but it will shift quicker. When i put the UTEC on my 4eat, the car felt much different when it shifted. It was quicker, harder and felt more power after shifts compared to stock
    '03 PSM WRX Stg 4 <---SOLD
    '04 G35 coupe<-----MY NEW CAR

The Gnome thing was funny....and mean. Well worth it.

2002 WRX Mods:
    AP Stage2/93, ScoobySport Up, Dp, & Muffler, SS AutoChrome TMIC, Hawker PC680T Battery, Injen CAI, ACT Stage2 Clutch, Gruppe-S 13.8lb Flywheel, Mobil1 and Redline oil, NGK BKR7EIX plugs, Goodridge SS Lines, Motul RBF600, Hawk HPS pads, 35% 3M tint, Koji Headlight Mod, SilverStar Bulbs, Blaupunkt MP3000 headunit, Infinity BassLink Sub, Kenwood KFC-1689ie speakers (6.5"F / 5.25"R), Rota Downshift (Black), Yokohama AVS ES100 (225/45/17)

Originally posted by fastwrx135
    With engine management, it won't change your gearing or shift points but it will shift quicker. When i put the UTEC on my 4eat, the car felt much different when it shifted. It was quicker, harder and felt more power after shifts compared to stock
    Was it due to higher boost also?
    07 RDX

I loved my S2k. I had the Comptech S/C with aftercooler kit and it was very nice on the top end. I know it will kill my STi from a 55 roll. Other than the Volks and a loud exhaust, it looked like most others but I had it where it counted, under the hood. The car suprised a lot of people, especially my neighbor with his Evo. At the time, had a 3' TBE and I put about 8 cars on him from a 20 roll.
    I had a shop cross the air line with the coolant line (S/C had to removed) when they installed a new clutch, and it never ran right. Going to court with them 25th of next month. The STi is quicker than a stock S2K, and the torque is awesome. The STi has grown a lot on me, but it will never have the fun factor as the S. The STi is so much more practical, and soon it will have a few more mods to give a S/C'ed S a run for the money. I was putting down 310 to the wheels.

fre
    For one, a stage 2 wrx does not put down what a stock sti does and for two, a stock s2000 is not a top end monster. Unless, of course, my stage4 wrx is a top end GOD, which I don't think is true either

As far as the race goes.... it should be interesting. Since you are auto just make sure you start from a speed that is good for your gearing. I would say it will be close.

Originally posted by fre
    For one, a stage 2 wrx does not put down what a stock sti does and for two, a stock s2000 is not a top end monster. Unless, of course, my stage4 wrx is a top end GOD, which I don't think is true either

As far as the race goes.... it should be interesting. Since you are auto just make sure you start from a speed that is good for your gearing. I would say it will be close.
    What would a good strat to use with an auto to make the most out of it? Someone said to put it in third going around 50? or 1st going 20?

It'll definitly be interesting.
    07 RDX

Originally posted by AsianWRX
    Was it due to higher boost also?
    especially since it held boost high until the shift and boost did not go down during shift...

Brake Torque it from a dig.

Hold your foot on the brake REAL good (even use the E-Brake if you want). Rev the engine to about 3500RPM and hold it. When you guys decide to go take your foot off the brake (drop the e-brake if you choose to lift it) and GUN IT HARD!!! You might dog for a second but when the boost comes on (almost right away) you will be gone. I don't see her catching up until in the 75-80mph range.

Give it a shot.

Practice first too!

Originally posted by fre

I agree on the S2k comment but not the Stage 2 comment. Peak HP(not torque) I believe a stage 2(reflash/exhaust) will put down close to the same HP as a stock STI. I'm didn't say they would be side by side in a race(torque, spool up, 6mt) but I believe the HP #s are very close @ the wheels.
    -Abe

I just raced my brother a little while ago after installing my stage1 accessport. You can read about it here . It was a close race but he would start to pull away the faster we went. These were all races from a roll, so if you go from a stop I would see no reason why you wouldn't beat her. I haven't encountered any auto wrx's so I really don't know how much slower they are than a 5spd but you're stage 2 and I was stage 1 so I'm pretty sure you'd be faster than me so I think it will be a very good race.

Tell us the outcome because if you can beat her, than I know for a fact I should beat my bro when I'm stage 2.

Originally posted by DTR maxima
    since their high end power, high redline, top end gearing and 4cylinder vtec engine.

s2000 is a quick car stock, but where it really shines is on the top end.

i remember racing one at high speeds, with my first 02 wrx. i just had a mbc @15 or so, and he walked me pretty hard.. i think he was stock. i was pretty salty after lol. Wasn't really a straight up race but i got the idea that he pulled pretty hard up top.

jared

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast