Hyundai has cool cars now...but not cool enough! - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Hyundai has cool cars now...but not cool enough! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hyundai has improved significantly over last few years: Sonata: highest rated midsize initial quality - JD power rating Santa Fe: ...

Hyundai has improved significantly over last few years:

Sonata: highest rated midsize initial quality - JD power rating
    Santa Fe: one of the highest rated SUV - JD power

LSD from Spec V can fit into Tiburon. There are S/C kit available for the car so potential is there. Tiburon V6 can run mid 14s with BPU. I have seen a video of 14.4 run. It trapped around 97-98mph, which is faster than stock WRX (93-95mph).

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by AREITU
    The EJ engines have at least a decade of aftermarket and tuning experience in Japan. I'm sure it's also the basis for many American parts as well. ALso, Hyundai does not quite have the same image as Subaru.

What kinda holes are in the warranty?

It's in the Sentra SE-R.

My two friends and I (in a G35 6MT) raced a Tib once. He got the launch (less weight) but yeah...280 vs 180. The rest of Hyundai's small car and midsized offerings impressed me as well. The Accent feels suprinsingly solid and drives well. It feels as well-manufactured as a Corolla. I'd consider getting one as a DD if I needed a small car for a few years. The Sonata has the chassis stiffness and steering of my 10 year old mazda minivan but featurewise, you can't beat it.
    Why did you bring up a two year old thread? I haven't been on this board in months and I got an email notification for this thread.

This has to be the oldest thread I've ever seen brought back. Ever. In 10+ years of message board usage.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

Quote Originally Posted by jt money
    they will never be a challenge to the stock rex. they only run mid to high 15 at the track and thats hooked up ie cai, exhuast, header, and fuel manag. seems like alot of work on a v6 for no hp god i love my awd turbo
    Check out ripp mod's S/C Hyundai tiburon...ran a 13.6 with a 2.6 short time and you ever see the videos on srtforums of the alpine s/c'ed tiburon? Don't sleep on the modded ones...there are definitely some out there making some nice power.
    SIRacing.Net

Originally posted by yermom
    heh, fairlady

does not sound like a fast car, no wonder they changed the name for the US market

Quote Originally Posted by 2001S4
    Give Hyundai some credit. They have made a car that looks really nice. It is probably a nicer looking car than any other car in its class. The power is not bad at all. You are talking about a relatively young company that has created a fun, yet inexpensive car. Give them a few years and I think they might be producing some exciting cars.
    yeah, how long did it take saturn??
    I hate my WRX's stock horn....

Quote Originally Posted by Kanchou
    yeah, how long did it take saturn??
    Jesus, I've gone through two different cars, moved 3 times, got engaged and broke up, sold a house, had three different jobs, all since I posted that post you quoted me on.

Quote Originally Posted by 2001S4
    Jesus, I've gone through two different cars, moved 3 times, got engaged and broke up, sold a house, had three different jobs, all since I posted that post you quoted me on.

like sands through the hourglass. . .these are. . .
    I hate my WRX's stock horn....

Quote Originally Posted by jmussetter
    I was driving with my wife over by the mall around my house and I see this little silver car pull up next to me at a light as I'm waiting to make a left. It actally looked pretty damn cool too. So I'm tryin to check his ride out to see what I might be up against and I cannot see what he has other than what looked like a Hyundai emblem on the back!? WTF??!!

I've seen the new Hyundai Tibouron' GT's and they are cool, but didn't look this cool. So we pulled up next to each other at the next stop sign and I asked him what it was. He confirmed and said it was a Hyundai (didn't say what kind). I told him it was a nice car and he said he worked for the Hyundai dealership in the area and was thinking about getting a Rex before he bought his car. So we decided to see who made the better decision.

I didn't want to use an AWD launch on him, that is unfair and was unneeded. I wen't on his reaction, and so he jumped a half car out in front. That only lasted for a second, because at the end of first, we were even. I heard him squealing his tires going into second (that's impressive for a Hyundai!) and in second gear I pulled about 2-3 more cars on him, and would have kept pulling if we weren't both turning at the next light. So I felt good, but I was also amazed that Hyundai had the balls to build this car. I told my wife,"Bet he wishes he would have bought the Rex now, huh?"

I looked on the net at the Tibouron GT V6's and it resembled this car, but it wasn't the same. I am suspecting that perhaps this guy had a pretty cool body kit on it and probably some other mods to help him out, because he did better than I thought he would.

The 'net quotes 180HP and a 6speed tranny for the V6 version, but this thing would have KILLED a new celica (which has the same HP rating and # of gears). Anyone got any other info on these things, they might be a challenge to a stock WRX.
    If you were running a stageIV setup and it held its ground that well, I would have to think that the car was turbo or something. They are only good for lower 15's stock and if it was indeed running fast enough to run next to a stock rex, then it would have to have a full second knocked off the stock E.T.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

holy old threads batman!!

O MAN!! I didnt even realize how old this thread was when I posted, lol
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

My friend has a new model Tiburon, for the price it is really nice, but I don't like it too terribly much.

BTW Holy thread ressurection Batman!
    Love, Peace, and Grease...
    -BlueSix

I can squel my tires going into 2nd in my 92 nissan nx... 110hp/100 torque.........

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle
    I can squel my tires going into 2nd in my 92 nissan nx... 110hp/100 torque.........
    Congratulations

it was actualyl a reply to one of the posts.. to lazy to find it.. anyways thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by bluesix
    My friend has a new model Tiburon, for the price it is really nice, but I don't like it too terribly much.

BTW Holy thread ressurection Batman!
    I honestly think its a nice car..it feels very solid, like simple things like closing the door/hatch etc feel solid compared to the light/rattling feeling I get in the Subaru.
    SIRacing.Net

Originally posted by yermom
    heh, fairlady

does not sound like a fast car, no wonder they changed the name for the US market

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.