WRX vs Unmarked Impala
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on WRX vs Unmarked Impala within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well, on the way to work this morning (6:00 a.m.) there was a maroon impala that wasn't going so fast. ...

WRX vs Unmarked Impala

Well, on the way to work this morning (6:00 a.m.) there was a maroon impala that wasn't going so fast. We had both just made a right turn onto a road with 2 lanes in both directions. I have had some issues with my car recently, so I decided to wind it out to redline to see if they were still there. I swung out to the left lane and went right by the impala on my way to 60+ in a 45. I looked in the mirror to see many lights flashing. Oops.

Him: You in a hurry?
    Me: No, I have had some issues with my car recently and I thought I would wind it out, guess that wasn't a good idea
    Him: Guess not.
    Me: Want my license and stuff?
    Him: Yes. Actually, just slow down. It's 35 here (actually it's 45, but he thought 35 which makes it more surprising he let me off).
    Me: ok!

Whew. I am lucky he was a nice guy...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Probaly either just starting shift 2 or was on his way home...and either way didnt want the paper trail at that hour. Your lucky he was nice about it.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Good kill.

Originally posted by 302@12psi
    Probaly either just starting shift 2 or was on his way home...and either way didnt want the paper trail at that hour. Your lucky he was nice about it.
    I am almost certain that is what it was as well. The station is right up the road. He turned in there and I turned in my work place.

J-H
    Lucky

Same happened to me on Monday....wind up 1st going up a hill...big sneeze...cop at the light. He was going straight but after he saw me make a left he decided to follow...25mph limit on the street It felt like an eternity (4 blocks from home). I quickly make my way into the underground garage ....can't bust me in here pal . I am sure he ran my plates and all...lucky me for my garage

JH

A few years ago, my boss and I were in his Passat one time and we did the same thing: unmarked cop car, 2 lanes in both direction, and noone in front or coming from the other direction. We passed him and started to accelerate to a rather high rate. After we were about a 1/4 mile away we see his lights flashing. We got pulled over and the two cops in the car (both were wearing street clothes) got out with guns drawn. We were probably doing about 100 in a 55 zone. They asked for ID, why we were going so fast and what kind of idiot was he. He also estimated our speed at about 80. After about five minutes of us apologizing and saying how stupid we were, he handed back our ID's and told us to slow down. I think that he might not have had a ticket book or a radar so he couldn't say how much over the limit we were going. That's the only thing we could figure out.

WRX
    Originally posted by vtjim
    Good kill.
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

Why didn't you just try to make your own version of the Getaway in Stockholm series? I can see it now: Getaway in Denver

i did something similar years ago

hearing all this reminded me of something stupid I did when I was 16.....my license was all of 3 months old and I was living in Charlotte at the time. I had a SLOW SLOW SLOW 200sx nissan at the time but I was traveling at dusk when this car came up fast on my ass. I swear the guy had his high beams on and was blinding me. I let him hug my ass for about a minute more and then decided to drop it to third and dump it. Ok, stomping it in that car took some time but slowly I was pulling away hard from him.....right until I saw the blue lights come on.........he was a nc state trooper and he was in a bad mood.......tagged 75/55....i never do that unless its clear there are no lights on top or hidden in the grill.
    Volvo S60 R (as of July 05)

Formerly ka: BlackWrx
    SOLD 7/05----04 Silver STI
    SOLD: 02 black sedan, Lots of mods

THat is what a "brake check" is for. IF he hits you great, if you turns on his lights because of it, whats he going to do.
    Perrin short ram, Perrin Uppie, Perrin inlet hose, Perrin IC hoses, Cobb AP stage 2, MRT 3' turbo back, AMP boost controller @ 15.5psi, Freedom design front strut tower bar, Cuses Rear Strut tower Bar, KYB Adj Shocks, Eiback Springs, Perrin Rear sway bar, and links, 17' OZ Crono Evolution(17.5 lbs) W/ BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDW 2

I remember like two weeks after i got my civic I was driving and kinda going in and out of lanes real quick(ricer moves) and i saw somebody get on my ass. I was like hey somebody wants to race, then his lights came on. The only gave me a fine because they didnt get my speed. id say i was doin 60/35.
    i drive a little more slower in traffic now. just wind it out on back roads.
    but goodjob gettin off the ticket
    im going to be working right next to the state police station next year. so that should be fun
    "I put two and two together and decided - you're pissin' me off."

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.