Me Vs 496ci 87 Chevy
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Me Vs 496ci 87 Chevy within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; His truck: 454 Stroker motor (454 bored a bit, roughly 496) CUSTOM Serpentine Belt Drive MSD 6AL Ignition ...

Me Vs 496ci 87 Chevy-Video

His truck: 454 Stroker motor (454 bored a bit, roughly 496) CUSTOM Serpentine Belt Drive MSD 6AL Ignition Box MSD Blaster 2 Coil Mallory Unilite Distributor Holly 780 Carburetor Edelbrock Air Gap Intake Edelbrock Reverse Rotation Water Pump Hooker Super Comp Headers (2" primaries, 3.5" Collector) Headman Headers X-treme Crossover (X-Pipe) Flowmaster 50 Series Mufflers (3" offset) Accell 8.8 mm Spiral Spark Plug Wires Heavy Duty Fan Blade Aeroquip Braided Transmission Line for transmission (w/ Teflon)

http://www.87chevy.com/race.wmv

if it doesn't work with the right click and save, just copy and paste it into your browser.

Oh yeah the camera man was really really bad. He's fired! So next time we race, i promise a better and steadier video.

We got up to about 110-115....beat him by about 1.5 car lengths...
    Last edited by SQ Stang; 04-27-2004 at 10:43 PM.
    2001 GT Mustang - Supercharged, 351RWHP...352RWTQ-old #'s
    Newest Numbers 401RWHP 392RWTQ..and tomorrow it will be higher

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Linkin Park Sux BTW, not kewl music at all .

Well maybe if I was a 17yr old homey G kid rockin a 1995 DX riced out, then it'll be cool.
    Don't believe the life you have
    Will be the only one
    You have to let your body sleep
    To let your soul live on

2006 Evo IX MR

Heeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyyyy....i like linkin park..but don't get on me. i didn't make the video with the song and everything...just participated in it.

Not sure what kind of camera you were using, but the film looked like it was done in the 70's.

2 suggestions - get a tri pod and a digital camcorder.

have you ran the 1/4 mi yet, I would be interested in your numbers.

Late
    Stage IV+
    Going for 11's

two lessons were learned.

1. Cars are generally faster than trucks
    2. crackheads make bad cameramen, even if they work cheap.

Actually we did use a digital camcorder, but the guy that made this made it look like it was. Even i was like wth when i first saw it, so yes it was in color before he did what he did 2 it. Yeah after we saw how bad the cameraman(Friend of ours who we should have given the camera to anybody else there that was watching) was, he then showed us that he had a tri-pod. Yeah i haven't ran the quartermile yet, but i will as soon as i can. But that truck is making about 5-600 horses, maybe even more than that. That thing's no joke. The only bad thing about it (besides that it's a truck/ways a lot) is that he doesn't have a posi on it...once he gets that he may just roast me. i think he will be getting the track sooner than i will, so i'll tell you his times, and my times should be really close to that. Last time he was going to the track his alternator went out on him and had 2 turn around. Anybody in houston want to meet up and race, or want to just meet up?

Looks like Blair Witch Project gone bad!

Originally posted by SQ Stang
    But that truck is making about 5-600 horses, maybe even more than that... The only bad thing about it is that he doesn't have a posi on it
    WHY! Would anyone want a 500-600hp truck with one leg?
    STiMULi

Something causing or regarded as causing a response.

An agent, action, or condition that elicits or accelerates a physiological or psychological activity or response.

A WRX STi at 140mph in the dirt

get that truck some slicks and a detroit locker hell wax ya... he had tiresmoke pouring out from behind that truck.
    03 MBP WRX Sedan
    STi RA gearset October 4th,STi Trans Mount
    Cobb AccessECU STG II 16.4psi. Bosal DP, Catless OEM UP, 205/55 ZR16 Futura Ultra Z's.

Yeah he has a posi, just hasn't put it on yet. And the amazing thing was how far his burnout was...his tire tracks was about half the race...but when it stopped we were just even...nobody was pulling..but yeah i'll go with you that he'll just kill me once he gets the posi and better tires. Watch out in houston...he'll be out there searching..as well as i and my friend with his trans-am.

Dont ever talk $hit about Linkin Park
    2004 R32: 220 whp

For Sale: 2003 wrx
    376 whp @ 22 psi, 93 octane

Pics:
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/badassrex

fre
    I raced a truck too. I didn't know i was racing until he was about 3 car lengths ahead and he launched that **** like crazy. I was impressed how fast he launched. So I do my sissy roll out and I couldn't catch the SOB until about 70-75 mph. He had something interesting in that bad boy. THe passenger was looking back at me smiling as if I would be devastated or something, but I just smiled back, because I know you can soup up any car I am no moron If I would have known it was that hot of a truck I might have launched it to make things interesting.

Oh and btw Linkin Park, unlike many bands these days actually has some talent. I don't mind their music. I just hate mindless lyric crap that is prefabricated and shat out (pop, country). Even though I have to admit pop can be catchy.

This truck is no joke. It can do low 13's at least. It beat a GT Mustang and it was burning out as it was passing him. It was great to see that race. Watch out if your in houston, me and my friends have seen quite a bit of sleeper cars & trucks (s-10's, f-150's) with huge motors, blowers, nitrous. That's why whenever i get into a race, i don't care what kind of car it is, i punch it because i never know what that other person has in their car. Plus if they don't have anything, then i can shut it down a lot earlier cuz they will give up after seeing me just roast them in second.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.