G35 Coupe v. Cobb Stg2 Wagon

This is a discussion on G35 Coupe v. Cobb Stg2 Wagon within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I just recently got my AccessPort and installed the Stg 2 map. It's definitely faster, but I really hadn't played ...

G35 Coupe v. Cobb Stg2 Wagon

I just recently got my AccessPort and installed the Stg 2 map. It's definitely faster, but I really hadn't played much with it until tonite.

On the way home from work on the interstate, I ended up behind a G35 coupe. We were both traveling in the left lane at about 75mph, following a cargo van. I could see that the G35 owner was getting antsy waiting for traffic to clear so he could pass the van. I dropped to 4th gear waiting for him to go - I was ready to test out my newest toy.

The right lane finally opened up and it was clear the van wasn't going to move over. The G35 signalled right and punched it. I kept it in 4th gear and followed him, after I passed the car to the right. At this point, he was already about 2-3 cars ahead of me. It took maybe half a second for my car to build boost and start pulling. I gained maybe a 1/2 car, then held my ground until we both let off at ~120mph (I know, I know.. ). I slowed back down to crusing speed since we were coming up on a group of cars- he continued on, driving like a jackass through the traffic.

Maybe he was surprised a station wagon kept up with him?

My mods are Cobb Stg2, GT Spec uppipe, Stromung twin-dump dp, and Prodrive axle back - I still have the 3rd cat and stock mid-pipe.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

good race...this is offtopic but i thought the midpipe was the 3rd cat? am i wrong?

-Bobby D
    5spd/U/D/MBC/QTEC

good kill son, he was probably salty that the ol wagon paced his arse.

Originally posted by BobbyD
    good race...this is offtopic but i thought the midpipe was the 3rd cat? am i wrong?

-Bobby D
    There are two mid pipes, the center forward with the 3rd cat and the center rear, with the resonator. The stock turboback is 4 pieces.

-joe
    '02 WRB Sedan

Removed silencer w/ Akimoto Velocity Stack, Blitz Dual TT, Autospeed Prototype Up-pipe w/ Flex-joint, Autospeed Crank Pulley, Autospeed OEM Dead Pedal, Samco IC Hoses, Axxis Pads, Goodridge Lines, Neo Synth Brake Fluid, Speedbleeders, Eibach Pro-Kit, Perrin Endlinks and Rear Sway, 17" Sub Zeros w/ 225/45 ES100s, Crucial Racing Thermostat and 1.4bar Radiator Cap, Autometer Sport-Comp Oil Pressure, EGT, and Voltmeter on the A-Pillar, STI Hoodscoop.

-Bobby D
    Starting from the turbo it goes downpipe w/cat, midpipe w/cat, midpipe w/resonator, axleback to muffler.

Most after market Downpipes are just one peice not 2. I have the Bosal DP its a 2 piece meaning i need to buy a midpipe or race pipe to eliminate the stock 3rd cat. But spending 200 for one isnt worth it IMO. Im leaving about 5WHP to be had by keeping stock third cat.

I Support ClubWRX

-Bobby D
    Yeah, when most people say aftermarket midpipe, they mean they got rid of the 3rd cat.

Good run Eskram, time for full exhaust.
    Street Racer Emeritus
    '02 2.5L WRX - Retired

Originally posted by Jared703
    good kill son, he was probably salty that the ol wagon paced his arse.
    I don't think this was a kill. He said that the G35 was 2-3 car lengths ahead when he then gained 1/2 car lentgh which at that point was how it stayed til they shut down, (at least i think thats how the story went). Anyways, good job keeping up with the G35. Those things are pretty fast especially on the top end. I plan on picking up an Ivory Pearl G35 coupe next month!!
    '03 PSM WRX Stg 4 <---SOLD
    '04 G35 coupe<-----MY NEW CAR

Originally posted by fastwrx135
    I don't think this was a kill. He said that the G35 was 2-3 car lengths ahead when he then gained 1/2 car lentgh which at that point was how it stayed til they shut down, (at least i think thats how the story went). Anyways, good job keeping up with the G35. Those things are pretty fast especially on the top end. I plan on picking up an Ivory Pearl G35 coupe next month!!
    very nice.. my friends dad has an ivory pearl with dark grey leather, fully loaded with navi and 6speed.. soooooo nice!!!

o yeah, good race
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    good race with your wagon,accessport rocks.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red