Is Subaru dropping the STi?

This is a discussion on Is Subaru dropping the STi? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I just went by the local Subaru dealer to get some info since I was thinking about trading the Evo ...

Is Subaru dropping the STi?

I just went by the local Subaru dealer to get some info since I was thinking about trading the Evo for one. He said that the 05 is going to be even more limited then the 04's and to get one, you pretty much have to order it because you wont find many sitting on lots at all. The 04's are hard enough to find and the 05's are going to be even harder, sounds like Subaru may only be making these for another year, anyone know whats up?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Typical dealer sales pitch. Their goal is to always get you to commit by telling you whatever they can to make you want to buy, trade right then. Just my .02

Matt
    You know, there's a million fine looking women in the world, dude. But they don't all bring you lasagna at work. Most of 'em just cheat on you.

--Silent Bob (Clerks)

Re: Is Subaru dropping the STi?

i dont know whats up but im thinkn of trading my 04 for the 05sti

I Support ClubWRX

Re: Re: Is Subaru dropping the STi?

Originally posted by MrDoctor
    i dont know whats up but im thinkn of trading my 04 for the 05sti
    Just to be curious...why?
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

I Support ClubWRX

Originally posted by EVOVIII
    He said that the 05 is going to be even more limited then the 04's and to get one, you pretty much have to order it because you wont find many sitting on lots at all. The 04's are hard enough to find and the 05's are going to be even harder, sounds like Subaru may only be making these for another year, anyone know whats up?
    How many WRX STi cars are you looking to purchase? If it's only 3 or 4, I bet several dealers in my state can help you out - when I was at my dealer's lot last, about a month ago, there were a few laying around. If you're looking for more than that, I am guessing they'll cooperate with one another to get you the number of cars you need (make them pay for delivery, they can lease a big rig from Penske)...

The beauty of cars is that they make more. Otherwise, nobody could buy them... For fun, tell the dealer pressuring you thanks, I'll buy a BMW (or something else), since I don't want to be stuck with a dead-end orphaned car (or, don't waste your time and just buy a car either now or in 2005, but not under pressure - no need for that!).
    Last edited by SD_GR; 04-27-2004 at 12:46 PM.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

as michael jackson would say

"Thas ignorant, They're just being ignorant"

Originally posted by EVOVIII
    I just went by the local Subaru dealer to get some info since I was thinking about trading the Evo for one. He said that the 05 is going to be even more limited then the 04's and to get one, you pretty much have to order it because you wont find many sitting on lots at all. The 04's are hard enough to find and the 05's are going to be even harder, sounds like Subaru may only be making these for another year, anyone know whats up?
    When I first started looking at the STi in January I asked the salesman if they were coming out with an '05 in June/July. He said "well you never know, Subaru might not make the STi after this year."

I just said "thanks" shook my head and walked away. That was the dumbest thing I've ever heard from a salesman.

I'd predict that the STis will run in limited numbers for another 2 or 3 years until the "next big thing" comes along. Hell, I've even heard rumours of a major remodel in MY06 (2005.)

why would you trade an EVO in?

I would rather have one of those than the STi.

I guess that is since I already own my REX....want both in my stable.....
    Stage IV+
    Going for 11's

The dealer closest to me and 4 STis, and it's a small dealer too. They must be hard to get where you live.
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to prosper." Ben Franklin

Originally posted by skullguy
    why would you trade an EVO in?

I would rather have one of those than the STi.

I guess that is since I already own my REX....want both in my stable.....
    I am considering it because if Mitsubishi goes out of business, I will be stuck with a car that has no warranty and its not even a year old.

Hard to find?? You can almost always find at least one being sold on Ebay at any time.

EVOVIII click here
    http://warrantybynet.com/

for 1700 bucks my suby is covered till 100k miles, dont be worried, there are enough 4G63's to build a mountain with... so spend a grand and know the car is covered for a very long time.

Yes, thats definetly a sales pitch. White Allen subaru in dayton says different dealers get alotments according to sale performance. They did say that you cannot order certain colors at this time, because they are just sent over from japan, no calls. You can however go track down one of your favorite color once its in the states.

And if subaru / mitsubishi denies warranty, id go to joe schmoe porsche tuner for tranny/engine work around the corner!... he makes money, i drive, everybodies happy.
    03 MBP WRX Sedan
    STi RA gearset October 4th,STi Trans Mount
    Cobb AccessECU STG II 16.4psi. Bosal DP, Catless OEM UP, 205/55 ZR16 Futura Ultra Z's.