Dodge Caravan vs Honda Civic EX

This is a discussion on Dodge Caravan vs Honda Civic EX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well this isnt WRX related but I thought it was so damn funny I just had to share it. Ok, ...

Talking Dodge Caravan vs Honda Civic EX

Well this isnt WRX related but I thought it was so damn funny I just had to share it. Ok, I needed some extra money and rather then slave away 8 hours a day for $7 an hour at some grocery store, I decided to get into driving cab. I just started 3 days ago and I thought I would share some funny stuff. We drive 2003 Dodge grand caravan sports which carry a 3.3L V6 and put out 180 hp. I must say I am slightly surprised because it actually has a little punch...well, punch for a minivan.

Well these Civics do 0-60 in a pathetic 9 seconds so I knew I could try this, I think I can RUN a quarter mile faster then the Civic can drive it. So I was in a lane that was ending and had to merge left to the lane where the civic was, so I look over at the 20 something year old at the light and he knew what I was thinking. The line of cars was way too long to try to get over once I went thru the light so I had no choice but to unleash the awesome power of the soccer mom mobile. I turn off the AC, time the light perfectly and hit the gas!! WEEEE such power. I got ahead of the guy by the time I hit 50 and was able to get into his lane with about a length to spare so I didnt really cut him off. Speed limit is 60, he gets into the right lane and so we paced each other at about 65 or so and came to the next signal. It is one of those dual right hand turn lanes and the green arrow was lit so we take the turn at the same time next to each other and we both punch it. Again, the little minivan that could puts a good length on the civic to my surprise and I cant help but laugh. He pulls up next to me at the red light and I try to surpress my laughter, light turns green and I just let him take off. I wonder if he will ever tell his friends about this

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice kill!

I Support ClubWRX
    Nice kill.

My friends and I rented a Dodge Caravan to go snowboarding one year, since we all drove hoop rides. Well, that thing could light the tires up so hard from a stop or a turn. And, everytime you punched it, it would kick down to the lowest gear, regardless if you were on a city street or on the freeway. It was gutbusting laughter all the way to the snow and all the way back.

Most of the cab drivers in Chicago drive like that too. Do you always get the same vehicle? If so, I think you could do a few free mods like freeing up some air to the filter, jacking up the tire pressure (less rolling resistance) and um, huh... not sure what else you could do for a minivan.

HAHAHAHA. Now that is funny. You know you would think these civic's would learn that their car isn't fast at all. Would you guys please stop killing all these civic's. They may learn that their car is slow and won't want to race anybody anymore. I want some fun beating up on these cars.
    2001 GT Mustang - Supercharged, 351RWHP...352RWTQ-old #'s
    Newest Numbers 401RWHP 392RWTQ..and tomorrow it will be higher

That IS a crack up! We have a '98 Ford Windstar with the 3.8L V6. Like the Caravan...has punch...for a minivan. It does great burnouts.

I smoked a waaay rided out Civic at 3 different lights one night.
    He was pi$$ed off! I was laughing the whole time! (I never told the wife I was driving her car like that) he he he.
    04 WR Blue Pearl Wagon

Originally posted by SQ Stang
    HAHAHAHA. Now that is funny. You know you would think these civic's would learn that their car isn't fast at all. Would you guys please stop killing all these civic's. They may learn that their car is slow and won't want to race anybody anymore. I want some fun beating up on these cars.
    Don't worry. The number of Civics sold is enough to keep providing fresh meat for a very long time.

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

fre
    Some 70's looking truck pulled up next to me and reved his engine and I was like wtf? But the engine sounded tuned. Like a higher pitch V8 sound. I didn't know what to expect so I let him get the jump.... big mistake he took off like crazy and I didn't catch him with my wussy roll out launch until like 75 mph lol. I dunno what the hell he had in that thing.

The passenger was looking back at me smiling and I was just smiling back, because I hardly get to run with anything up here

*EDIT* back on topic... I don't bother with civics cause they are too slow to be worthy. I have them fly by and think they are outpacing me on two lane highways all the time I don't mind letting them feel good about their rides
    Last edited by fre; 05-03-2004 at 09:55 PM.

Fast Vans

I hope its not WTLW but.....

Speedy Vans

Clavo
    What's the square root of 69 ?.........8 something

I've done the same thing in our Honda Odyssey...just have to be careful because I end up spinning the tires sometimes.
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

Originally posted by SQ Stang

I don't think these Civic owners will ever learn. What I mean is the 120 hp riced out ones. I missed the PERFECT opportunity to completely embarrass a Civic owner with his gf in the passenger seat. It was a mid 90's white Civic with fart can and other tacky modifications. I followed behind while I heard the Civic hit WOT and not moving from me at 1/2 throttle. We came up to a red light and I pulled up next to him. To my astonishment the Civic had a VTEC PLAQUE above the the glove box. A PLAQUE!. No joke!. The mistake I made was that this normally 3 lane intersection was reduced to 2 lanes with the Civic turning left with me stuck going straight. I should have known and got behind him, but it was too late. It's always a blast to blow away a car when their gf is in the passenger seat. The excuses afterwords have to be priceless.
    2004 WRX

Well the other job I work is a hotel and we have a Mazda MPV minivan as a shuttle and that thing is pretty cool too. 3.0L 200 hp and the thing doesnt redline till 6500 hehe. Its got some petty decent acceleration, I like dropping the auto into the low gear and flooring it and then shifting up to 3rd and then to drive. I left some guy in a riced out Ford Probe looking at the taillights a few nights ago on the way to the airport, it was so damn funny.

CARAV0WNED!!! Nice kill!

-Jim

You guys need to stop making minivans looking like race cars!!!

In kinda the same situation as EVOVIII, I was in the left lane, with a minivan in the right lane, which ended about 500 feet ahead on the road. I look over, as this is often a spot where someone will come and try and challenge to get ahead, and lo and behold, it's a soccer mom with the kids.

I chuckle to myself at the very thought that she would try and get ahead of me, so I'm kinda daydreaming thru the rest of the light (MILF ) and when it goes green, she nails it.

I couldn't believe it, so I rev to about 3.5k and feather out the clutch, launching smoothly and wind it out to redline in first, flying past her, and slam second, sqabbing the tires and letting her get a listen to my BOV.

Am I a dork for "racing" a minivan? Absolutely.
    BUT, we can't let these soccermoms think they own the road!
    2004 STi, Java Black Pearl
    www.cardomain.com/id/2004wrxsti

Best ET 4/24/04
    12.38@109

haha. With the AC on and people in it, they are SLOW, but when you are alone and the AC is off they can be pretty fun.