so i think i have a factory freak...
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on so i think i have a factory freak... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; well today just put me over the top for thinking that i have a factory freak. previously before i had ...

so i think i have a factory freak...

well today just put me over the top for thinking that i have a factory freak.

previously before i had gutted my uppipe i raced a header/tbe/intake subaru with bov and 2 more people in the car and i passed him like nothing. this was odd but i think he had something wrong with his car or he coudltn drive. so my friend and i kinda thought it was a factory freak but werent sure.

then we raced a fmic/box/tbe/up wrx and he wouldnt pull anywhere. he got about a car ahead of me on the launch then stayed there until we shut down.

then i gutted my uppipe.

then this afternoon i came upon a 04 with tbe/intake and some bigger size wheels. he was by himself and i was with a freind of mine. we went from a 30 mph roll in 2nd and by the end of second i was a nose ahead of him and by the end of third his nose was at my door.

what do you guys think factory freak or not?

Cliffs notes: raced 04 wrx w/ tbe/intake/rims in my 03 w/ catless uppipe and no muffler and won by 1/2 car.
    07 STi Cobb AP2, TBE, Kartboy, RCE

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

It's all just guess work until you put a time on the car and get an actual ET and mph. Track times will end any and all speculation. We've all seen well driven stock turbo WRX's that have shamed a poorly driven and/or poorly tuned Stage 4 aftermarket turbo WRX.

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

Bil
    Yup, I agree...fast car, moron driver=slow car. Fast car, smart driver=watch out. Of course, my Dad (ex pro drag racer and Nascar circuit driver) can take any car any time and drive it fast. The guy is an amazing driver. This will conclude our formula class today...slow car, awesome driver=much closer than you may think....use caution.

My WRX is a factory freak!. It ran a 13.99 @ 98 Stock. Had it dynoed and it did 181 WHP. The car boost 15 psi. I have taken it to the dealer and they have not been able to fix it. they reflashed the ECU and also installed a new one, but it still boost 15 psi. They changed the fule rails and injectors and still boosted @ 15 psi. When the car was set to stage 2, it ran low 13s at 101 MPH. Car is just a freak.

WRX
    I think mine's a freak as well, because I tend to trap a bit faster than my 4EAT bretheren.
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

Originally posted by Drod
    My WRX is a factory freak!. It ran a 13.99 @ 98 Stock. Had it dynoed and it did 181 WHP. The car boost 15 psi. I have taken it to the dealer and they have not been able to fix it. they reflashed the ECU and also installed a new one, but it still boost 15 psi. They changed the fule rails and injectors and still boosted @ 15 psi. When the car was set to stage 2, it ran low 13s at 101 MPH. Car is just a freak.
    Was there any particular reason you wanted themt o fix your car to make it be slower? I guess if somethign ever wen twrong they could blame you, oh well enjoy what you have, unless you are a very skilled driver.
    Dan- 2004 PSM 5spd

"Days get shorter, nights get longer, snow gets deeper, life gets better."

I guess if somethign ever wen twrong they could blame you, oh well enjoy what you have, unless you are a very skilled driver.
    You got it right. I wanted everyting documented, so if anyting whent wrong, they would be responsible and not accuse me of messing with the car.
    Last edited by Drod; 04-28-2004 at 07:30 AM.

Originally posted by Drod
    Thats awesome. I know I wouldn't have been complaining if I had a factory freak.
    This car is making a poor man even poorer.

hmm, my car boosted close to 14.5 on chilly days when stock. Broke a second gear, and shredded a rear diff 12k miles later. I dont have track times to prove its a factory freak, but i definetly wouldnt call it weak. Ive heard rumors of the Sedona sedans as being factory freaks.
    03 MBP WRX Sedan
    STi RA gearset October 4th,STi Trans Mount
    Cobb AccessECU STG II 16.4psi. Bosal DP, Catless OEM UP, 205/55 ZR16 Futura Ultra Z's.

im catless, stock catback and i hit 14.7 in all gears, sometimes when its cold out i get 15.0 (im converting from bars here). i believe a lot of say they get, i think 11-12 psi in first.

i have an 04, accessport is on the way, cant wait

I am catless and I hit 14 psi in first easily and usually peak to 15 or 16 on cold days (below 20 degrees) in 2nd to 4th, never tried fifth.
    Former member of bugeye mafia

<=====my old baby

Yo

Red is good. I'm hoping to hit 16.5psi+ at 55-60 degree for 225wp+.
    2004 STI White/Gold
    251whp & 263ft/lbs ( Stock ): 0-60 = 4.8 ( Fastest = 4.1 ) & 1/4 = ?
    276whp & 290ft/lbs ( DP ): 0-60 = 4.5 & 1/4 = 12.9 @ 105mph

I thought I was hitting 15 psi stock, but it turns out my boost gauge is in accurate. MY utec and boost gauge displayed two different readings.
    Mods

Armed with a rotated Precision 6265 turbo at 35psi and a built 2.5 liter.

Re: so i think i have a factory freak...

Originally posted by WRB03WRX
    well today just put me over the top for thinking that i have a factory freak.

Hey WRB03WRX how often are you in San Diego? Let's meet up someday soon and do a couple of runs.

I had a TurboII RX-7 (factory freak) with just a TBE and it was monster.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.