Greddy Si ??????

This is a discussion on Greddy Si ?????? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; How can a 352 whp Civic Si pull a 13.139 1/4 mile? Is that normal? It seems REALLY slow to ...

J-H

Red face Greddy Si ??????

How can a 352 whp Civic Si pull a 13.139 1/4 mile?

Is that normal? It seems REALLY slow to me....Must be a typo....I hear about turbocharged hondas and this one is definately not up there....

Any thoughts?

http://www.greddy.com/news/article.asp?idx=9

JH

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

no traction...also the trap speed is 112 mph..he should be doing 12's
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

Yeah theres a Civic SI in NJ that goes 13.2's with a 2.4-2.6 60 foot....fwd = hard to hook up. Speaking of high hp applications not hooking up...look into Supras.
    SIRacing.Net

Originally posted by yermom
    heh, fairlady

does not sound like a fast car, no wonder they changed the name for the US market

yeah your right....supras have the same problem..i never thought i would be comparing civics 2 supras but here i am doing it...i see lots of supras running bad times at tracks..but just try to mess with them off a roll or on a highway run and see what happens

Seems normal to me. That's what happens when you boost a FWD car. Personally, I don't know what would possess someone to do that...I think its sort of sad that low 13s is all you could get with 350whp. But that's what happens when all you do is spin through 3 gears and finally hook up in 4th

To put things in perspective, I could probably run low 13s with about 220-230whp N/A...boosted K20A2 guys that are running 350+whp can't really replicate that on anything but DR's or slicks. Granted, they are running 12s and 11s..but, on the street, you don't have your DR's or slicks on, so you're going to lose to a N/A car with 120 less whp than you. To me, that's just a waste. Just my opinion of course.
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

I Support ClubWRX
    I would like to see what that car would do around a track, since on most track days you keep most of your travel in the higher gears where this car would pull like a bull. I highly doubt he is to effective at a stop light or a x mas tree. But around a track the car might be pretty quick.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Why is it that Supras can't seem to get any traction? It is rwd, shouldn't it be ok with a set of good tires or drag radials?

I Support ClubWRX
    Independent rear suspension.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

I really like the new civic si's (2002-2004). my best friend has one with cold air, lowered, kit and it sounds and looks great. honda makes a great motor but the fwd really sucks for drag. a boosted si throws down a lot power but trackition is hard to get. cybernation sell stage 1 kits for 4 grand and they through down 265 whp. i thought about getting a new si cause they a pretty reasonble in price but i decided to save my money and get an STI.

in southern california..glendale....a shop called showstoppers...has 2 si's..recent ones...with greddy turbo kits on them...they dynoed @265 whp....his gonna go to track w/me and the group of people i go with next time....if you pass by the shop..you'll always see turbo honda's..including a s2000