RSX Type S w/ Mods Encounter
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on RSX Type S w/ Mods Encounter within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; A friend of mine has a RSX Type S w/ Comtech header, Comtech exhaust, Injen CAI, and F&R swaybars. What ...

RSX Type S w/ Mods Encounter

A friend of mine has a RSX Type S w/ Comtech header, Comtech exhaust, Injen CAI, and F&R swaybars. What do you guys think he's putting down whp? He has not been to a dyno yet so we don't have definite numbers. Since it's 200hp do you thnk the mods could have brought him to 230hp which equates to roughly 200whp?
    We've done many runs from stop to rolls and yes, I still beat him everytime even w/ 2 extra people in the car during stops. I think we're a bad influence on him as he's thinking of going FI to obtain 265whp+ ... I think it's funny.
    2004 STI White/Gold
    251whp & 263ft/lbs ( Stock ): 0-60 = 4.8 ( Fastest = 4.1 ) & 1/4 = ?
    276whp & 290ft/lbs ( DP ): 0-60 = 4.5 & 1/4 = 12.9 @ 105mph

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I'd bet he is prob around 200 whp. You should tell him to get a Hondata flash, that'd help him out a lot. I would think w/ those mods and Hondata he could give you a good run from a roll.

Comptech race header or shorty header? Big, big difference. Since he doesn't have Hondata and since I don't know whether its a race header or not, I'll assume its the Comptech shorty. With those mods, I'd say he's putting down anywhere from 170-180whp. not even remotely close to 200whp.

If he has a Comptech race header, then maybe 180-190whp. Once again, not close to 200whp.

He'd need Hondata to achieve those numbers, and if its a shorty header he's still not close to 200whp.

From a stop, as you already know, he's dead meat. Even if he had Hondata, you'd still rock h im on that first 1/8mile and then maybe you'll even out.

Race him from a roll, at least then he can compete with you Maybe...
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

Yo

How can you tell if it's the long or short headers by looking at it? He was also talking about the Hondata reflash. I think it's funny how he's all into the mods now by hanging out w/ us.
    2004 STI White/Gold

Re: Yo

Originally posted by chuglobal
    How can you tell if it's the long or short headers by looking at it? He was also talking about the Hondata reflash. I think it's funny how he's all into the mods now by hanging out w/ us.
    Well, there are two things that would be a dead giveaway:

1. Primaries on the race header will be significantly longer than those on the shorty header. If you looked at them side by side, it would be fairly obvious;

2. Race header would not have a catalytic converter.

So, there's a big difference between the two, to a tone of roughly 15-20 peak horsepower/torque and even more throughout the power curve at certain points. LIke I said, if he's just got those mods you listed, he'd be lucky to hit 180-185whp. That's good for mid to high 14s at best most likely..so you should kill him on the street

Lol, and I hear you about being into mods. My good two friends have a WRX and a E36 M3, so I'm all into their mods as well as mine. Its a disease I tell you!

yeah, i cant see him putting down 200whp on a shorty header.
    with a hondata though, he will be much better competition..
    (from a roll atleast)
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Yo

I just talked to my brother and he said his S2000 puts 202whp so I'm assuming the RSX Tyep S is maybe putting 190whp thus like 220 crank hp?
    2004 STI White/Gold

Re: Yo

I just talked to my brother and he said his S2000 puts 202whp so I'm assuming the RSX Tyep S is maybe putting 190whp thus like 220 crank hp?
    I'm telling you, if he doesn't have Hondata or a race header, he's not putting down 190whp.

I am probably putting down about 185-190whp..I could run with a stock S2k with that power. But I can almost assure you that with just intake, shorty header and exhaust, he'd be very lucky to put down 190whp. Most RSX's stock dyno around 160-170whp.

CAI's give maybe 10whp
    Shorty header maybe 5whp
    Exhaust maybe 5whp

Since mods are not added on top of each other, I just don't see him hitting 190whp. He's probably good for high 14s at around 95-97mph.

You need Hondata and race header to hit 200whp IMO. Those are good mods for high 13s at about 100mph.

Re: Re: Yo

Originally posted by smokey
    He's probably good for high 14s at around 95-97mph.
    if hes only good for that then he sucks at driving... REALLY bad.
    rsx-s is very capable of that stock
    with his mods he can pull mid 14's.
    i have a gsr with bolt on's and even i am running in the mid 14sec range.
    i will agree that he is not putting down 200whp. i think around 182 or so would be a good estimate. to reach 200whp he would def. need hondata
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Re: Re: Re: Yo

Originally posted by DTR maxima
    if hes only good for that then he sucks at driving... REALLY bad.
    rsx-s is very capable of that stock
    with his mods he can pull mid 14's.
    i have a gsr with bolt on's and even i am running in the mid 14sec range.
    i will agree that he is not putting down 200whp. i think around 182 or so would be a good estimate. to reach 200whp he would def. need hondata
    hehe, I've decided that most people suck at driving so I threw that figure out. I'd rather err on the side of caution in these debates. But you're right, mid 14s is attainable. I've seen guys hit 14.5s with just intakes.

Humm ...

So a RSX Type S w/ the same or a little less whp as a S2000 would actually out run the S2000 because of the weight?
    2004 STI White/Gold

Re: Humm ...

So a RSX Type S w/ the same or a little less whp as a S2000 would actually out run the S2000 because of the weight?
    With just my mods, guy are putting down S2k times (high 13s at 100mph) with slightly higher trap speeds. Obviously, with RWD they are getting better 60' times, but like I said, we can trap higher.

Look at it this way - I'm probably making about 230hp at the crank, so roughly 190-195whp let's say. I also make about the same torque as a stock S2k, maybe even slightly more. Couple that with our weight advantage - yes, we can easily hang with an $800 investment. Granted, we can't hang in the handling department or on a road course, that's a given. But in terms of straight line speed, the K20A2 is just flat out better at achieving straight line speed. The technology is there for the K series, no doubt.

Re: Re: Humm ...

hey Smokey,
    what happens when you race your buddy's stage 2 wrx from a roll? I'm guessing you guys are about equal?

Originally posted by smokey
    With just my mods, guy are putting down S2k times (high 13s at 100mph) with slightly higher trap speeds. Obviously, with RWD they are getting better 60' times, but like I said, we can trap higher.

Look at it this way - I'm probably making about 230hp at the crank, so roughly 190-195whp let's say. I also make about the same torque as a stock S2k, maybe even slightly more. Couple that with our weight advantage - yes, we can easily hang with an $800 investment. Granted, we can't hang in the handling department or on a road course, that's a given. But in terms of straight line speed, the K20A2 is just flat out better at achieving straight line speed. The technology is there for the K series, no doubt.
    04 WRX Black no options!
    Helix up/downpipe, HKS catback & Bov, autometer gauges and MRT shortshifter, Bronze Rota SDRs, UTEC, tein SS coilovers, HKS type1 turbo timer, 6000K HIDs, JDM spec C front/rear lips, 20% tint
    to be installed: Mines Spoiler

RSX-S is sweet to mod as well. It's still pretty new and the aftermarket parts for it are everywhere. I think the new future for Honda would be the K series. BTW smokey, does the regular rsx have any potential? I heard a lot about the S but nothing about the RSX.
    13.7 at 98.74 MPH / Stock TD04 & No EM

Re: Re: Re: Humm ...

Originally posted by kit99bar
    hey Smokey,
    what happens when you race your buddy's stage 2 wrx from a roll? I'm guessing you guys are about equal?
    He's not really Stage 2 because he doesn't have the software yet. He just has a TurboXS full turboback...and he's doing some work on the stock turbo, something about porting the inside or something, I don't know. I'll get back to you on that.

WE haven't had a chance to run yet to be honest with you. Obviously, from a stop, I'd expect to get run. That thing just launches so well. From a roll..I dunno, I expect things to be pretty close. I want to get some vids of us racing with my other good friends modded E36 M3. We have a lot of fun, that's why I respect these cars so much. Half our weekends are spent bs'ing about each other's cars and doing work on them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.