RSX Type S w/ Mods Encounter - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on RSX Type S w/ Mods Encounter within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by WiCkeDrEx RSX-S is sweet to mod as well. It's still pretty new and the aftermarket parts for ...

Originally posted by WiCkeDrEx
    RSX-S is sweet to mod as well. It's still pretty new and the aftermarket parts for it are everywhere. I think the new future for Honda would be the K series. BTW smokey, does the regular rsx have any potential? I heard a lot about the S but nothing about the RSX.
    You'd think the Bases would be better to boost since the compression ratio is lower, but not that many guys have done so yet. N/A, the gains are decent, but I think the best times I have seen N/A are like mid to high 14s out of the base.

Like I said, a few guys have boosted and are putting up really nice numbers, but you know how well boost and FWD go together Personally, i would much rather stay N/A and get to about 230whp or so and call it a day. FWD pretty much sucks balls as far as I'm concerned in terms of handling power.
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

WRX
    I saw something on TV about the RSX-S and it's suspension was race tuned. It out gunned the competition pretty well. (not sure what other cars it was racing, as it was a piece on just the RSX)
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

190 at the wheel with 137 tq.
    2003 GTI ,Ko4,Revo 4 bar,Bar 4 fpr

Originally posted by How soon is now
    190 at the wheel with 137 tq.
    Little late there Jaxblack.

RSX-S is sweet to mod as well. It's still pretty new and the aftermarket parts for it are everywhere. I think the new future for Honda would be the K series. BTW smokey, does the regular rsx have any potential? I heard a lot about the S but nothing about the RSX.
    the K series motors are quite nice.. i hope they hold a future in honda. maybe it could be something like the B series, but obviously quicker.

base rsx isnt really anything special when stock. they dont have the 6speed tranny either, its a 5speed. although, it is much less troublesome to boost than the type S... its quite comprable to the LS vs gsr engines in the integra and how the boosting process goes with that.

I think in a few years when the 02-03 base rsx become cheaper more people will buy them in order to build it up with FI
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Originally posted by DTR maxima
    the K series motors are quite nice.. i hope they hold a future in honda. maybe it could be something like the B series, but obviously quicker.

base rsx isnt really anything special when stock. they dont have the 6speed tranny either, its a 5speed. although, it is much less troublesome to boost than the type S... its quite comprable to the LS vs gsr engines in the integra and how the boosting process goes with that.

I think in a few years when the 02-03 base rsx become cheaper more people will buy them in order to build it up with FI
    The thing about GSR, ITR, LS is that they all have a lot of potential. It seems as though the base RSX doesn't have the potential as the LS. However, the RSX-S have enough potential as the ITR. I heard that Vtec doesn't get a long very well with turbo, so if people with tegs wanted to boost, they tend to get an LS instead. ITR and GSR can go all motor and still run fast. I also heard LS love to boost. They can either boost or do a LS-Vtec. Base RSX on the other hand, hasn't have much potential to me. Please correct me if I am wong....
    13.7 at 98.74 MPH / Stock TD04 & No EM

vtec LOVES boost. you just have to run lower compression ratios, or somehow keep det in check.
    '04 PSM STi - modded (sr50+the works)
    '05 JGM RSX Type-S - stock

I think the "Frankenstein" swaps are really going to be the future of the K series engines. We already have guys using the K24 from the Element/CRV/TSX and mating those with the K20A2 and getting nice numbers. Its still in the developmental process though and they're keeping it pretty hush-hush..but I'd still go N/A with this engine.

Toda's and Hytech have got kits that should allow you to push anywhere from 230-280whp N/A and that's good for low 13s to low 12s at least. I'd rather keep this thing N/A for a number of reasons. But once these things are out on the market long enough and the junk yards start seeing some K20A2's people will start getting into them like the old B series and more and more will get done powerwise. I think the fact that we already have a guy in teh 11s is pretty good..I think we might ahve actually beaten the SRT-4's guys into the 11s, but they still own us overall

Re: Re: Re: Re: Humm ...

only turboback is like 190 whp

add the boost control and he's at 220whp

you should own him now from a roll

Originally posted by smokey
    He's not really Stage 2 because he doesn't have the software yet. He just has a TurboXS full turboback...and he's doing some work on the stock turbo, something about porting the inside or something, I don't know. I'll get back to you on that.

WE haven't had a chance to run yet to be honest with you. Obviously, from a stop, I'd expect to get run. That thing just launches so well. From a roll..I dunno, I expect things to be pretty close. I want to get some vids of us racing with my other good friends modded E36 M3. We have a lot of fun, that's why I respect these cars so much. Half our weekends are spent bs'ing about each other's cars and doing work on them.
    04 WRX Black no options!
    Helix up/downpipe, HKS catback & Bov, autometer gauges and MRT shortshifter, Bronze Rota SDRs, UTEC, tein SS coilovers, HKS type1 turbo timer, 6000K HIDs, JDM spec C front/rear lips, 20% tint
    to be installed: Mines Spoiler

The thing about GSR, ITR, LS is that they all have a lot of potential. It seems as though the base RSX doesn't have the potential as the LS. However, the RSX-S have enough potential as the ITR. I heard that Vtec doesn't get a long very well with turbo, so if people with tegs wanted to boost, they tend to get an LS instead. ITR and GSR can go all motor and still run fast. I also heard LS love to boost. They can either boost or do a LS-Vtec. Base RSX on the other hand, hasn't have much potential to me. Please correct me if I am wong....
    people really havnt played around with the base rsx that much.. i assume once they get cheaper we will see more turbo build ups.
    aftermarket engineering hasnt changed much, but factory engineering has... the base rsx engine obviously has less restrictions than the LS motor which is why it more than likely wont mod as easily. but due to the fact that it is creating more power from factory should do some things for it.

rsx-s has a lot of potential.. i would say very similar to the type R. many people are running 13's with i/h/e hondata and good tires.
    the thing about the v-tec + turbo is the compression. since the integras have low torque there feels like there is quite a bit of turbo lag. when boost builds and is fully boosting v-tec often hits not to shortly after, and this is not to good for the car. if you pay attention and have "know how" its perfectly safe and will be one hell of a car.. but too many people just bolt in a turbo to a gsr and blow the motor.
    i was going to turbo an LS integra, but i decided to go allmotor with a gsr instead. its more reliable for me right now.
    if you can properly turbo a gsr or type r than it will walk all over a turbo LS, but like i said.
    it all comes down to paying attention and regulating how your car is running
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Yo

The RSX Type S just got some RE750s, he seems so much more happy about traction. We also did some mountain runs this past weekend and the RSX Type S did rather well, another reason why he needed to get new tires.
    2004 STI White/Gold
    251whp & 263ft/lbs ( Stock ): 0-60 = 4.8 ( Fastest = 4.1 ) & 1/4 = ?
    276whp & 290ft/lbs ( DP ): 0-60 = 4.5 & 1/4 = 12.9 @ 105mph

Re: Yo

Originally posted by chuglobal
    The RSX Type S just got some RE750s, he seems so much more happy about traction. We also did some mountain runs this past weekend and the RSX Type S did rather well, another reason why he needed to get new tires.
    Yea, the stock tires just stink on this car. But I'm sure with your torque advantage and your suspension advantage, you still ran him

Yo

I did but it was his first time driving in the mountains. I couldn't pull on him as I planned but I did have 3 extra people ( 600lbs+ ) in the car plus stuff in the trunk. He did get much better from the beginning till when we left, we were driving for a good 1.5hrs+. Now I remember why I enjoy driving in the mountains.
    2004 STI White/Gold
    251whp & 263ft/lbs ( Stock ): 0-60 = 4.8 ( Fastest = 4.1 ) & 1/4 = ?
    276whp & 290ft/lbs ( DP ): 0-60 = 4.5 & 1/4 = 12.9 @ 105mph

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12