Cobb stage2 WRX vs. Volvo S60 R
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Cobb stage2 WRX vs. Volvo S60 R within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Race happened on route 9 from 45 - 100mph. As I pulled up to a light, a Volvo S60R pulled ...

Cobb stage2 WRX vs. Volvo S60 R

Race happened on route 9 from 45 - 100mph. As I pulled up to a light, a Volvo S60R pulled up to two lanes left of me. When light turned green, I never thought of anything and gradually sped up. However, Volvo S60R went WOT pulling 5-7 cars lengths instantly. Guess he thought I wanted to race him or something.

After about 1/4 miles ahead, I pulled next to him and gave him a sign if he wanted to race. We were at about 45mph in 2nd gear. As I gave him a signal, he went WOT instantly and gained about 1/8 car length on me. By end of 2nd gear, he was about 1/8 car length ahead - neither one of us pulling on one another. As I shifted into 3rd gear, we were once again dead even. 4th gear came and surprisingly, I slowly gained about 1/4 car length. I had to slow down because of car ahead of us at around 100mph.

I gave him a thumbs up and he gave me a peace sign. He had this puzzling look on his face as how his 300hp car can be beaten by a Subaru

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

nice kill
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Yo

What is your whp and ft/lbs?
    2004 STI White/Gold
    251whp & 263ft/lbs ( Stock ): 0-60 = 4.8 ( Fastest = 4.1 ) & 1/4 = ?
    276whp & 290ft/lbs ( DP ): 0-60 = 4.5 & 1/4 = 12.9 @ 105mph

Haven't dyno'd my car yet... Volvo S60R is also AWD so we should have pretty similar whp with weight advantage to WRX. S60R weighs 3600lbs. Oh, I had my gf in my car and she weighs about 110lbs.

anyone knows how fast they are? all I know is it does 0-60 in 5.5sec.

what do they trap?

Yo

I want to run one too.
    2004 STI White/Gold
    251whp & 263ft/lbs ( Stock ): 0-60 = 4.8 ( Fastest = 4.1 ) & 1/4 = ?
    276whp & 290ft/lbs ( DP ): 0-60 = 4.5 & 1/4 = 12.9 @ 105mph

I have driven one, and to be honest, I think it is a little quicker than a stage2 wrx.

It was quicker to me anyway as compared to back when my wrx was at TurboXS stage 2 mods.

nice runs though...
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

I haven't even heard of these things.

Are they F/I or N/A?

pics?
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

turbo 5cyl.......6spd and base price of $60k. awesome car.
    http://www.wheels.ca/Reviews.htm?CD=227&ID=2119
    GOODSPEED PERFORMANCE LAB

Originally posted by WGNWHEEL
    turbo 5cyl.......6spd and base price of $60k. awesome car.
    http://www.wheels.ca/Reviews.htm?CD=227&ID=2119
    Is that $60k Canadian? Because in the US they're under $40k. It's a nice car, but the new turbo Legacy is much better IMO.

Originally posted by bone138
    Is that $60k Canadian? Because in the US they're under $40k. It's a nice car, but the new turbo Legacy is much better IMO.
    Legacy is still not quite up to the upmarket level the Volvo is imo. I love my subies and all, but this thing is something else!
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

I wonder how it responds to mods.
    You wanna shoot? shoot. Dont talk!

My brother raced one a couple of times from a roll. My brother just bought an VW R32, and is pretty new to driving stick, but from what i've seen, hes pretty impressive for just learning to drive a couple of weeks ago. anyhow, my friend is getting an s60r in november, and the dealership allowed him on thursday to test drive one for the whole day. It was a demo with over 2000 miles on it, and my brothers had about 1500miles on his R. anyhow, they both went from a roll, and at about 100+ my brother started to pull very slightly. The first time they raced, my brother pulled a bit better, but still slightly, but this time, they were both alone in the car. The first time, my brother was alone while he had his gf in the s60r.

The s60r runs anywhere from a 13.9-14.1 stock at about 100mph. The r32 has been tested at 14.1 @ 99.2mph, but others have ran high 13's stock at about 99mph. my brother also has this free mod, which opens up the exhaust at all times, instead of being restricted like they are stock. some guy said that this valve is pretty restrictive, and they have seen dyno tests of stock and with the disabled valve, and the difference of hp is 4-5 with about 10lbs torque increase. Not bad i guess. This may be why my brother was pulling.

ps. the guy driving the s60r has been driving stick for 2 years now.

Originally posted by jigga
    Legacy is still not quite up to the upmarket level the Volvo is imo. I love my subies and all, but this thing is something else!
    Have you sat in both cars? I looked at the S60R when it first came out. It is nice. The interior is about the size of the WRX. When I sat in the new Legacy I was very impressed. It is definitely in the same league as the Volvo luxury-wise. It's also very large. If you also factor in the power, tunability, reliability, and inexpensive price, the Legacy is a much better car. I don't think the Volvo is anything special. That's what they would have us think and that's why they're marking the S60R up (at least they were when it came out-$10k here).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.