Cobb stage2 WRX vs. Volvo S60 R - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Cobb stage2 WRX vs. Volvo S60 R within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; nice run. S60 R is a pretty nice car.... but IMO for what you get for the price tag, there ...

nice run. S60 R is a pretty nice car.... but IMO for what you get for the price tag, there are much better choices, which is why volvo doenst sell to many of them...

but did you guys see the peak torque on that? 296 ft/lbs of torque @ 1950 RPM !!!!!!!!!!! talk about no turbo lag. its seems the auto is a bit slower though. it only peaks at 256 ft/lbs
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by theWeRX02
    My brother raced one a couple of times from a roll. My brother just bought an VW R32, and is pretty new to driving stick, but from what i've seen, hes pretty impressive for just learning to drive a couple of weeks ago. anyhow, my friend is getting an s60r in november, and the dealership allowed him on thursday to test drive one for the whole day. It was a demo with over 2000 miles on it, and my brothers had about 1500miles on his R. anyhow, they both went from a roll, and at about 100+ my brother started to pull very slightly. The first time they raced, my brother pulled a bit better, but still slightly, but this time, they were both alone in the car. The first time, my brother was alone while he had his gf in the s60r.

The s60r runs anywhere from a 13.9-14.1 stock at about 100mph. The r32 has been tested at 14.1 @ 99.2mph, but others have ran high 13's stock at about 99mph. my brother also has this free mod, which opens up the exhaust at all times, instead of being restricted like they are stock. some guy said that this valve is pretty restrictive, and they have seen dyno tests of stock and with the disabled valve, and the difference of hp is 4-5 with about 10lbs torque increase. Not bad i guess. This may be why my brother was pulling.

ps. the guy driving the s60r has been driving stick for 2 years now.
    Where did you get the 1/4 time for S60R from?

Wow, nice kill. Those things are fast.

Originally posted by theWeRX02
    The s60r runs anywhere from a 13.9-14.1 stock at about 100mph. The r32 has been tested at 14.1 @ 99.2mph, but others have ran high 13's stock at about 99mph. my brother also has this free mod, which opens up the exhaust at all times, instead of being restricted like they are stock.
    Both cars stock below. The R32 actually has *at least* 250hp (crank) stock and is underated by VW and the comparison to the Volvo is totally believeable. BTW, the exhaust note is
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails r32-v-wrx-dyno.jpg  

Not to hijack, nice kill, but where on Rt. 9?

you've gotta be somewhere nearby me...
    1970 GS350
    2004 WRX STi
    2006 Honda Accord (Sedan), 4cyl 5 speed.

nearby Block Buster!

Originally posted by bone138
    Have you sat in both cars? I looked at the S60R when it first came out. It is nice. The interior is about the size of the WRX. When I sat in the new Legacy I was very impressed. It is definitely in the same league as the Volvo luxury-wise. It's also very large. If you also factor in the power, tunability, reliability, and inexpensive price, the Legacy is a much better car. I don't think the Volvo is anything special. That's what they would have us think and that's why they're marking the S60R up (at least they were when it came out-$10k here).
    Yes I have sat in both cars, and I have driven the new legacy as well. Smooth yes, better interior than yesteryear, yes. But There are just the touchy-feely element that I felt was lacking in the Legacy.

The substantial-feeling doors on the Volvo closed with a thunk... not so on the Suby.

There are also tiny touches inside the cabin as well, such as the pen holder intergraded into the console of the volvo. This was an unexpected touch. Sound system in the volvo is a Dolby surround system, where the speakers have mirophones inside them to listen for vibation and background noise and then cancel it out. I felt sounded better than the stock stuff in the Legacy. Similar features like these are what puts even Audi interiors over the others..

The brakes on the Legacy didn't feel quite as good as on the volvo imo. Power was definitely there, but still... the brakes...The Suby brakes still feel down right wooden, as on the wrx in my opinion.

There are just the little things that add up. but I imo, the volvo still gets the nod for now from me.

I am not at all disputing that the Legacy is a good car. It is... but as with any manufactuer, when moving upscale, or into new territory, there are always a few things that are 'lost' or missing in the translation. Perhaps in future model years improvements will be made, but right now, I still feel the Volvo is a slightly better ride (even though I usually hate Volvo cars).

I think with regards to these cars, you definitely do get what you pay for (and possible a little more in the Suby).
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

Block Buster in what town??

all of the video stores near me on Rt. 9 are Hollywood Video. I'm up near LG though.
    1970 GS350
    2004 WRX STi
    2006 Honda Accord (Sedan), 4cyl 5 speed.

have you played with the shifter in the S60R? EWW. VAGUE VAGUE VAGUE.

the interior looks more upscale (well, cause it is), but if it were my money, it would be legacy all the way. i love the new interior, btw.
    '04 PSM STi - modded (sr50+the works)
    '05 JGM RSX Type-S - stock

Originally posted by skyphix
    Block Buster in what town??

all of the video stores near me on Rt. 9 are Hollywood Video. I'm up near LG though.
    One near TJ Maxx.... or Barnes and Nobles.

Near 59?
    My cars:
    2008 VW GTI, DSG
    14.269@96.3 Bone Stock!
    2002 Hyundai Elantra GT MT

Family:
    2003 Audi RS6 (Sold will be missed,used to be my dads.)
    2004 Subaru Forester XT (Family car)
    15.3@90.5 Stock

10-4 on the wierd shifter, sat in one last week, it feels like turkey leg attached to a boat transmission.

cool car, but volvo's reliablilty goes town the tubes with mods. The auto version is detuned likely because previously boosted 740 Turbo's would poop out transmissions within a 2000 miles of bein boosted. With FWD, the 850, and S70 turbo models never had issues because they didnt have traction. Now they do. (AWD)
    Should be interesting once tuners find the limits of the tranny, auto and stick.
    03 MBP WRX Sedan
    STi RA gearset October 4th,STi Trans Mount
    Cobb AccessECU STG II 16.4psi. Bosal DP, Catless OEM UP, 205/55 ZR16 Futura Ultra Z's.

Originally posted by MidnightFLAT4
    10-4 on the wierd shifter, sat in one last week, it feels like turkey leg attached to a boat transmission.
    Yeah, but it's a "substantial feeling" turkey leg attached to a boat transmission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12