me vs NSX.. from a roll even

This is a discussion on me vs NSX.. from a roll even within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; On saturday night, I went to the local cruiser hangout to see if I could find somebody there that didn't ...

me vs NSX.. from a roll even

On saturday night, I went to the local cruiser hangout to see if I could find somebody there that didn't know the infamous wagon

I made the cruise loop at about 11:30. About halfway back on the return trip, a black NSX comes weaving through a group of cars. All my buddies turned off, but I was compelled to see what would happen. I follow him for a few miles, wrapping it out in 2nd and 3rd with a BOV snort to get his attention.

We finally get a clearing and I grab 2nd. I hear him downshift and he starts going. At the top of 2nd, I've pulled a half car on him. He gets it back at the shift. I slowly start pulling again. 1.2 car at the top of 3rd. He didn't get anything back at the shift. I pulled another car in 4th and got out of it at 115. Man what a rush.

They guy had real dark tint, so I'm not sure if it was some kid in dad's car(my guess) or someone who could actually afford it. He wasn't about to pull over and chat, but I did see him cruising the same loop later that night. Perhaps I can find him again.
    -jay
    i drive a jeep n stuff.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sounds like you had your way with him.
    What kind of mods do you have on your WRX???

In that case it's not only the mods but the fact that the poor little NA NSX was "sucking air" up here at 6000ft .

Also I saw a black NSX run at PMI (~4500ft. above sea level) when it opened this year and he only ran a lousy 15.4 or somthing around there!!!

Wish I could have been there too see his fact though .
    Stock 2004 WRX STi
    Java Black on Silver

Nice run. What year was the NSX?
    e46 M3 (new toy)
    02 wrx w/257 swap (now sold)
    IS 300 5spd w/ NAV (hers)

I basically have a Stage 4 car with a Link instead of a Unichip.

Not sure what year the car was. I fully expected to put several car lengths on him. Stock NSX's that I have seen rarely trap in the 100's at this altitude. I'd guess that he may have had some "slight" mods done. It was fun still!
    Last edited by phast; 07-08-2002 at 11:27 AM.
    -jay
    i drive a jeep n stuff.

I'm by no means an NSX expert, but I do know the newer models were putting around 280hp and can run the 1/4 in the mid 13 range. Having said that, I would have thought you would have put more distance on him. Maybe he had some goodies under the hood.
    e46 M3 (new toy)
    02 wrx w/257 swap (now sold)
    IS 300 5spd w/ NAV (hers)

Nice Run!!! I love those cars but they aren't the fastest for $90,000 or whatever they are new. I ran one from a role when I had my typhoon and he barely pulled on me, but did it look nice and I bet that car just handles like a dream! Nice run

Adam
    02 Sedan