Turbo GS300 Encounter - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Turbo GS300 Encounter within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; watch out for the IS 430 turbo charged in VA sleeeeeper...

watch out for the IS 430 turbo charged in VA

sleeeeeper

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Wow, it just seems like that car should be putting out a hell of alot more power with alot less lag than it is. What kind of turbo is on it, any links to the kit?

It has to be an auto tranny - maybe when he floors it the engine rpms are too low for him to come on boost quickly?

Kevin

Originally posted by josnroh
    Nice kill,wagons rule.
    I don't think chug has a wagon.
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq
    Originally posted by zoophagy
    The people that work there are, for the most part, retards. I used to work there.

Do you have any pictures of the car? I think those cars looks sweet with some nice deep dish rims. Very pimp. There's one here at my work w/ a nice subtle kit and deep dish rims tucked under the fender.... so clean.

Yo

I don't know the turbo kit nor it's fine details. I can ask him later night when I see him. The kits was rated at 350whp for the Stage 1 and 450whp for the Stage 2. I don't have any pictures but he does alot of shows in Atlanta so I'm sure people have seen his car around.
    I drive a sedan and it's chu ... chuglobal is the company name ... pronounced chu global.
    2004 STI White/Gold
    251whp & 263ft/lbs ( Stock ): 0-60 = 4.8 ( Fastest = 4.1 ) & 1/4 = ?
    276whp & 290ft/lbs ( DP ): 0-60 = 4.5 & 1/4 = 12.9 @ 105mph

And our track day was rained out - rescheduled for May 23rd. I know there are WRXs in the southeast that can make it!

http://importshowdown.com
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

Yo

So it the track "rented" our for the private group? How many people are expected to come?
    2004 STI White/Gold

Yes, we have the track rented. Last year's turnout was over 100 cars. It seems to double each year. Even with that many people there, you can basically make as many runs as you want.

Synopsis:
    http://importshowdown.com/trackday/previous.htm

Silver Dollar has digital scales, sells racegas onsite (leaded and unleaded), and they have a new LED starting tree this year.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

Bil
    I have a buddy that has an IS300 with full APS tutrbo upgrade package (exhaust, turbo, intercooler, pipes and plumbing, rails and everything). He's right around 320 whp and almost no Turbo lag (not any more than my Tuned WRX). The thing is a rocket. Imagine how fast it would be if he could only get traction! Damn that thing gets giggy. A good tuner can work some computer managment and get rid of that lag. It's all in the puter.

Yo

I really do hope that real tuning w/ remove the turbo lag issue. I also know that he's running really rich which causes lag in the beginning. I know my turbo spools much faster now since I've leaned out the A/F in the lower end. I heard about all the fast Lexus which have gone FI but I'm surprised to see such a big difference in his.
    2004 STI White/Gold

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.