SRT-4 stage 2 kit hits the street *dyno*
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on SRT-4 stage 2 kit hits the street *dyno* within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; This is on pump gas with mopar catback and 3" downpipe. The car hasn't been dyno'd with 100octane and the ...

SRT-4 stage 2 kit hits the street *dyno*

This is on pump gas with mopar catback and 3" downpipe. The car hasn't been dyno'd with 100octane and the race gas switch turned on yet. Note the RPM increase to 6500.

PVO did some *testing* at Firebird with
    Stage 2 with Mopar Cat-Back Exhaust
    Drag Radials
    High Octane
    IC Sprayers in Auto
    Dial-A-Boost in position 3

60' -- 2.009
    1/4 -- 13.096
    MPH -- 108.21
    Just wanted to share. The SRTforums is full of idiots *****ing that their peak numbers are higher for cheaper. S2 with turbo toys costs $1399, without costs $900. I figured this would be a bit more appricated here
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 Black
    221 whp/ 241 wtrq *Stock*
    13.585 @ 102.88 *Stage 1*

"Nothing gives you such a sense of the infinite as stupidity"

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: SRT-4 stage 2 kit hits the street *dyno*

Originally posted by ebbtide

This is on pump gas with mopar catback and 3" downpipe. The car hasn't been dyno'd with 100octane and the race gas switch turned on yet. Note the RPM increase to 6500.

PVO did some *testing* at Firebird with

Just wanted to share. The SRTforums is full of idiots *****ing that their peak numbers are higher for cheaper. S2 with turbo toys costs $1399, without costs $900. I figured this would be a bit more appricated here
    Those are some very nice numbers I must say...

I am a little confused though as to what Stage 2 entails (pardon my ignorance). What "Turbo toys" are you referring to?

People have always been able to do stuff for cheaper than everyone else, but then, there are those who want the peace of mind of a factory tested and tuned setup that they know will not blow their investment skyhigh.... IMO, there are times when it is in fact worth to pay the extra money for the performance. If I were an owner of the SRT4, I would just follow DC's upgrade path for the car, instead of trailblazing...That's just me though.
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

Stage 2 includes
    Stage 2 PCM
    (4) 682cc/min fuel injectors
    Wastegate actuator
    3.0 Bar Map Sensor
    3.0 Bar TIP Sensor
    They recommend mopar cat-back (2.5" borla) exhaust to acheive rated power numbers.

You can order the kit with or without Turbo Toys.

TT includes:

A wind tested intercooler sprayer with manual or auto modes (ecu detects vehicle speed, intake temp, etc and determines when to spray).

Dial-A-Boost in car boost adjuster with 4 modes,

Pos 3 = 1st and 2nd managed for drag radials and/or high grip otherwise max boost

Pos 2 = 1st and 2nd managed for OEM tire on regular dry road otherwise max boost

Pos 1 = Mid boost

Pos 0 = Min boost

and a Race Gas switch. With 100octane unleaded in the tank, hit the switch and watch the power go from rated 265 hp and 280 tq to 280 hp and 300 tq.

Mopar recognized that some people didn't want, or wouldn't use the TT's, so it allows for that. without TT costs $900, w/costs $1350.

See mopars website for more info http://www.mopar.com/srt_stage_2.htm
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 Black

Yo

I think the TT unit is cool looking. I wish I could spend <$1400 and get that kind of gains. I think most WRX w/ Stage 2 inlcuding myself spent <$2000 but the SRT4 is insane. I still like AWD so that's a conflict of interest. Next car I get, STI or so, I'm done w/ the self tuning ... I've learned alot and done w/ spending time tuning.
    2004 STI White/Gold
    251whp & 263ft/lbs ( Stock ): 0-60 = 4.8 ( Fastest = 4.1 ) & 1/4 = ?
    276whp & 290ft/lbs ( DP ): 0-60 = 4.5 & 1/4 = 12.9 @ 105mph

I Support ClubWRX
    Great gains for the dollars. Said it before and I'll say it again. The SRT4 is one of the strongest stock engines out there today, and Mopar is doing it up right by offering an upgrade path at such a great bargain. Now why can't Subaru do the same???
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Looks like Mopar was right on with what they estimated it would be at. I plan on ordering this evetually. I think the ic sprayer and boost selector makes it worth the deal.
    2004 Dodge SRT-4

Dial a boost is a great feature. It's got launch modes (pos 3 and 4), and traction modes (pos 1 and 2). Plus, keeping it in low boosts will aid gas mileage, and it's selectable on the fly.
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 Black

Ebbtide, you will definitely have a better discussion of Stage 2 over here versus the SRT forums because of all of the immaturity over there. It's pretty sad if you think about it.

I knew that stage 2 was going to follow suit and be underrated like everything else they have put out for the car including the car. I really like this kit a lot and just have to find a damn money tree so I can buy it!!
    2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i [Bone Stock]
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 [303 hp/323 tq] - SOLD

The way I see it.. for $1400 give or take, you're running 12's. I'll buy that!!

Originally posted by InfamousDX
    The way I see it.. for $1400 give or take, you're running 12's. I'll buy that!!
    Yeap! PVO ran a 12.9 with DR's. With a better 60' (they got a 2.0), I see 12.6's.

I don't get all the guys over there complaining that Stage 2 is a waste of money. For $1300 including the turbo toys option that is a hell of a deal in my opinion.

260whp and 290ft-lbs for 1300 on pump gas is awesome.

Then throw in some 100 octane and get even more. Time for some slicks!
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

Originally posted by silverscooby
    I don't get all the guys over there complaining that Stage 2 is a waste of money. For $1300 including the turbo toys option that is a hell of a deal in my opinion.

260whp and 290ft-lbs for 1300 on pump gas is awesome.

Then throw in some 100 octane and get even more. Time for some slicks!
    The problem over there is that the kids have no idea what it's like to mod an import. Modding a WRX, STi, & EVO costs a lot of money and they have no idea. They think that you should get a ton of power for next to nothing in cost. My buddy that works for IPP put a thread yesterday asking if there would be any interest in a full turbo back 3" Ti exhaust for 1600.00 and you should see the replies. It's funny to see the cluelessness in their posts. The ENTIRE exhaust would weigh less that 15lbs. Current steel & stainless steel exhausts are around 50lbs from the turbo back.

I Support ClubWRX
    Wow...very impressive. If I had money for a second car that was fairly cheap, I'd probably pick up the SRT and go with stage 2. Too bad insurance is insanely expensive for them.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

This is going a bit off topic, but drizze how is it going tring to be voted a mod over there so far? I think you could clean up most of the riff raff
    2004 Dodge SRT-4

Originally posted by Jmd777
    This is going a bit off topic, but drizze how is it going tring to be voted a mod over there so far? I think you could clean up most of the riff raff
    They are taking the top 4 and I am in second. I'm only behind the top guy by one vote. Yes, I will get rid of the riff raff, LOL, if I am chosen.

**Back to our regularly scheduled thread**

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.