SRT-4 stage 2 kit hits the street *dyno* - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on SRT-4 stage 2 kit hits the street *dyno* within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by drizze99 They are taking the top 4 and I am in second. I'm only behind the top ...

Originally posted by drizze99
    They are taking the top 4 and I am in second. I'm only behind the top guy by one vote. Yes, I will get rid of the riff raff, LOL, if I am chosen.

**Back to our regularly scheduled thread**
    Making fun of my chosen word of "riff raff" eh drizze since your only down by 1 vote ill take care of that.
    Edit-Dang seems they already counted up the votes

*Now were really back to our regularly scheduled thread*
    Last edited by Jmd777; 04-23-2004 at 03:48 PM.
    2004 Dodge SRT-4

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I just find it really impressive as to how DC is actually acknowledging the fact that there are people out there who want to play with these cars, and bump up the power also, and they are supplying the tools to do so at VERY reasonable prices.... This is how I wish Subaru was... But they seem to be too stuck in their ways to be honest.. One would have to wait until hell freezes over before Subaru offers power packages like that.....
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

They are taking the top 4 and I am in second. I'm only behind the top guy by one vote. Yes, I will get rid of the riff raff, LOL, if I am chosen.

**Back to our regularly scheduled thread**
    can we vote for you????
    <<<<<<<< LOOK AT MY NAME!!! lol
    COBB stg II

Lol. Wow, it's a completely different world over here regarding Stage 2. For my graduation present I am most likely going to get Stage 2 and start going from there. Stage 2 is just a great base for future power adders and Stage 1 is just too limiting for me - I feel it pulls too much timing (will go to a dyno to confirm this).

Whether I get the TT or Non-TT Kit I don't know yet. All I know is 265 whp on pump gas with a beautiful curve like that, and complete 100% stock-like driveability is just awesome.
    Slow Neon.

Whats Sup

Ebbtide, you will definitely have a better discussion of Stage 2 over here versus the SRT forums because of all of the immaturity over there. It's pretty sad if you think about it.

I knew that stage 2 was going to follow suit and be underrated like everything else they have put out for the car including the car. I really like this kit a lot and just have to find a damn money tree so I can buy it!!
    Same here Bro, and the BOV sounds awesome, Thanks your car looks good also.

Like Drizze said, Stay away from the SRTForums Discussion about stage 2. Too many idiots on there claiming they can beat 03 Cobras with it, except for a few people who have good heads on their shoulders.

I'm thinking of going Stg2 but w/out turbo toys due to the fact 100 octane is $8.25 a gallon and I'm not going to the track every weekend. I'll just go with an EBC, probably Greddys and just have set on Low when driven around, and when somebody wants some, I'll set it on high
    Last edited by SRT THIS; 04-24-2004 at 01:37 AM.
    Stg. 0
    -380hp & 437lbs-
    No NOS

Yo

If I have a SRT4 or the option of a Stage 2 option as the SRT4 has for a WRX for $1400-1600 to produce that kind of numbers, I'd drop the $1400-1600 today. I would not have to do "any" tuning plus I the the button of the TT are really cool. I don't go the tracks alot, I've been once, but I'd like to have the option to change preprogramed but safe maps at the fly. I wouldn't run 100 octane all the time because it's rather expensive but I'd like to see my 0-60 times.
    2004 STI White/Gold
    251whp & 263ft/lbs ( Stock ): 0-60 = 4.8 ( Fastest = 4.1 ) & 1/4 = ?
    276whp & 290ft/lbs ( DP ): 0-60 = 4.5 & 1/4 = 12.9 @ 105mph

holy cow, those are some sick numbers. ESPECIALLY for the cash.

knocking on 12s w/ pump gas?

dR

I Support ClubWRX
    Excellent #'s for the bread. I wish I could have gotten those #'s with that money.

Another thing that is cool is seeing so many SRT-4 members over here joining in on the discussion, and our fellow WRX members giving honest and mature feedback. This is the way true gearheads should act. If I had the money, I would also own a SRT-4 as my second car.

Well Said

Originally posted by KurleeDaddeeWRX
    Excellent #'s for the bread. I wish I could have gotten those #'s with that money.

Another thing that is cool is seeing so many SRT-4 members over here joining in on the discussion, and our fellow WRX members giving honest and mature feedback. This is the way true gearheads should act. If I had the money, I would also own a SRT-4 as my second car.
    Kudos to you Bro., like u said this is how a discussion board should be. We both drive bad azz cars and neither are perfect. Each car is made for something, either its straight line or handling but the point is we all like the same thing and enjoy talking about and showing off our cars
    Stg. 0
    -380hp & 437lbs-
    No NOS

I used to go to the SRT-4 forums but stopped cause of all the BS(stock SRT-4's putting 5 carlengths on 03 cobras etc etc). But what do you expect. Not trying to knock the SRT-4 but the 19k price tag is going to attract alot of punks that think 1300 for 30+ WHP is a waste. Im sure most of them got their $40 home depot MBC's.

As far as the numbers goes it indeed does look great. That car has some great potential.

EDIT: Check this guy out. His name is BlackSRT311 and he just cant seem to lose at all.

http://www.idahostreetracing.com/php...opic.php?t=643
    http://www.idahostreetracing.com/php...opic.php?t=297
    http://www.idahostreetracing.com/php...opic.php?t=407
    Last edited by skyjock41; 04-25-2004 at 01:03 AM.

Humm

Actually, the first 03 SRT4 w/ a MBC I raced bough it at Home Depot for $8. I raced my second 04 SRT4 2 weekends ago and we're pretty even until 4th but I shut down. He would have continued to pull.
    I think racing is fun especially when it involves turns. I think the SRT4 has great potential too in the straights. Each car was designed and marketed towards a specific niche.
    2004 STI White/Gold

Some idiots are still *****ing that it costs too much... Check out these numbers. Left lane, s2, dr's, race gas switch, no I/C sprayer, catback....

2003 Dodge SRT-4 Black
    221 whp/ 241 wtrq *Stock*
    13.585 @ 102.88 *Stage 1*

"Nothing gives you such a sense of the infinite as stupidity"

Yo

12.9 in the 1/4 mile w/ a Stage 2, humm ... shouldn't it be faster?
    2004 STI White/Gold

Re: Yo

Originally posted by chuglobal
    12.9 in the 1/4 mile w/ a Stage 2, humm ... shouldn't it be faster?
    Check out the 2.0 60ft time dude.

With a good launch (1.7-1.8) that should be good for a mid 12. Of course, you will most likely have to run slicks or ET streets on a FWD to get that kind of 60'
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

nice #'s.
    03 MBP WRX Sedan
    STi RA gearset October 4th,STi Trans Mount
    Cobb AccessECU STG II 16.4psi. Bosal DP, Catless OEM UP, 205/55 ZR16 Futura Ultra Z's.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.