WTF is wrong with mazda??
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on WTF is wrong with mazda?? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; ok i mean the miata is sweet handling but so slow.....so finnally FINNALLY they turbo it................ bahahaha oOMGFG haha and ...

WTF is wrong with mazda??

ok i mean the miata is sweet handling but so slow.....so finnally FINNALLY they turbo it................

bahahaha oOMGFG haha

and the turbo is good for a 34hp boost!!!!YEAH thats performance, it has almost as much power as my dads jetta now...and its only 25k.......how sad. First they replace the rx7 with an na car that is way slower than it's original and now they do this. Mazda can suck my ass.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

new miata runs a 14.5...not that bad

but yeah..rx8 is a joke and it was overrated..if you didn't notice they keep reducing the HP claims..mazda gonna be in deep **** if they end up sued for false advertising

edit : i might be wrong about 1/4 mile time for it..i just saw my car and driver and it says 15.2 ..but i could of sworn another magazine had it at 14.5
    Last edited by AwdTurboWrx; 04-23-2004 at 01:01 AM.
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

Yeah but the 3's are kinda cool for the money.
    No they arent fast, so what?? who cares! They are pretty cool.

If you want fast, get a fuggin Neon and tear out all the seats.
    Who needs 1/4 mile times:
    I race jeeps up mountains.

yeah 3's are fun cars...they look they are..haven't driven one yet
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

Yo, staright line speed is all dat matter dog!!!!

There is NOTHING wrong with Mazda, they make awesome handling cars that tend to be slightly underpowered, but extremely balanced. The only problem they have is that the RX-8 has no torque and a really bad clutch.

The Miata OWNs the WRX in the handling department. Also, a Jetta is not where near as light as a Miata....something called power to weight ratio

-joe
    '02 WRB Sedan

Removed silencer w/ Akimoto Velocity Stack, Blitz Dual TT, Autospeed Prototype Up-pipe w/ Flex-joint, Autospeed Crank Pulley, Autospeed OEM Dead Pedal, Samco IC Hoses, Axxis Pads, Goodridge Lines, Neo Synth Brake Fluid, Speedbleeders, Eibach Pro-Kit, Perrin Endlinks and Rear Sway, 17" Sub Zeros w/ 225/45 ES100s, Crucial Racing Thermostat and 1.4bar Radiator Cap, Autometer Sport-Comp Oil Pressure, EGT, and Voltmeter on the A-Pillar, STI Hoodscoop.

Originally posted by NJwrbT-WRX
    Yo, staright line speed is all dat matter dog!!!!

There is NOTHING wrong with Mazda, they make awesome handling cars that tend to be slightly underpowered, but extremely balanced. The only problem they have is that the RX-8 has no torque and a really bad clutch.

The Miata OWNs the WRX in the handling department. Also, a Jetta is not where near as light as a Miata....something called power to weight ratio

-joe
    I agree ^^

My Mods

"The most important mod is the one behind the steering wheel" - Koyokid RIP

Originally posted by AwdTurboWrx
    new miata runs a 14.5...not that bad

but yeah..rx8 is a joke and it was overrated..if you didn't notice they keep reducing the HP claims..mazda gonna be in deep **** if they end up sued for false advertising

edit : i might be wrong about 1/4 mile time for it..i just saw my car and driver and it says 15.2 ..but i could of sworn another magazine had it at 14.5
    They magazine did get 15.2 but they said they had to baby it because it was a prototype. They expect the production model to be faster.

I Support ClubWRX
    The RX8 has grown on me, though I don't think it would ever be my choice for a new car. Looks pretty good in black. And like someone said, the handling of the Miata is stellar. The aesthetics are just a little too girly for me, personally, turbo or not...
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

you can expect times on the miata to be around high 14's once more people get them to the track.

i think mazda is a good company over all, which exceptionally handling car. the new rx-8 is pitiful compared to the gen3 rx-7, but o well.

the power delivery isnt very good stock from the turbo miata, but i have heard that the turbo is very restricted and with some exhaust stuff and upping the boost HUGE gains can be made
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Originally posted by subineer
    Yeah but the 3's are kinda cool for the money.
    No they arent fast, so what?? who cares! They are pretty cool.

If you want fast, get a fuggin Neon and tear out all the seats.

well if it doesn't matter than why did they add a turbo???? i never said there was anything wrong with the miata being slow. But when they add a turbo they are obviously trying to put out a performance model where speed does matter, thats why you pay 25 thousand. So when the company adds a turbo and the car is still slow it's pretty much a waste..........even the magazines comlpain it feels slow WEAK. Mazda mistake.

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by Jerm95gt04WRX
    well if it doesn't matter than why did they add a turbo???? i never said there was anything wrong with the miata being slow. But when they add a turbo they are obviously trying to put out a performance model where speed does matter,...
    Yeah, but sometimes an automaker is more concerned with putting out an all around well-rounded automobile than with going after the "quickest in the price bracket" award. I wouldn't think that the Miata would be the typical drag-racer's choice, anyway. I could be wrong, of course...
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

So are you saying the only reason any cars are fast is for the drag racing.......power has a lot more to do than just drag racing so if you want to try and call me out on that bull**** then whatever but you are just trying to argue...........a real performance car has power and handling braking blah blah.....so........the miata is weak....they have been developing concepts for years and all they do is 30 hp.

I Support ClubWRX
    Call you out? I'm just havin' a conversation here, fella. Take a chill pill, for God's sake.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

miatas make good autoX and drift cars too...

mmmm 500hp turbo miata...

http://forums.club4ag.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=68073

Originally posted by Jerm95gt04WRX
    So are you saying the only reason any cars are fast is for the drag racing.......power has a lot more to do than just drag racing so if you want to try and call me out on that bull**** then whatever but you are just trying to argue...........a real performance car has power and handling braking blah blah.....so........the miata is weak....they have been developing concepts for years and all they do is 30 hp.

calm yourself, jesus. that things probably damn fun to drive. And once you free it up, can probably unlock some more power, as it was stated by someone else.
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast