2002 WRX VS. 2000 Lightning - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 2002 WRX VS. 2000 Lightning within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Last time at the track, this brand new silver Lightening shot out tranny parts through the case with sparks flying ...

Last time at the track, this brand new silver Lightening shot out tranny parts through the case with sparks flying and oil spewing all over the track at launch. It's was very cool but I felt sorry for the owner.
    Very nice truck though.

Doug

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by Master Of Pain
    525 HP
    607 TQ
    Talk about balls!!
    2011 SWP Premium Hatchback
    Flapatax Mud Flaps
    Kartboy STS with front and rear bushings
    Cobb AP Stage 1 (for now)

yeah the lightning is sick fast...i like the extended cab option much! Its goods that most of the drivers are all cool. Truck guys are usually.

i bet those guys are laughing when they see a bone stock f-150 xl with some Pep Boys 'tezza's and some wheels from Rent-a-Tire all trying to get their impersonation on..!! (usually with the Calvin pissing on a Chevy logo sticker on the rear glass) LOL
    St. Mario, thank you for saving hockey in Pittsburgh.

Me and this Lightning have been racing each other at our local track. First I was faster than he was ( I had exhaust, chip, and boost controller) he was basically stock.
    Then he got a pully to increase boost, chip, exhaust mods, drag radials, and then we were side by side when we raced We were running 8.40s- 8.60s in the 1/8 mile on average.
    Then I got my stage 4 setup and I was again faster than he was. I was running on average 8.20s in the 1/8 mile to his 8.40s

Now he just put a 75hp NOS shot on his lightning and we are back to neck and neck. He was running 8.10-8.20 the other day in the 1/8 mile. Thats basically what I run.

Now, I need to put a 75 shot on my WRX so I can keep out front of him.

Its fun - that what racing is all about. Coming back with something new and going faster.

Cool When Does The Insanity Ever End

The more I drive my Lightning, the more I smile

The more I smile, the more I spend on mods

The more I spend on mods, the more I drive my Lightning

Such a vicious circle.....Ha!

Any local SoCal WRX Drivers want to get together and compare....

You show me your's and I'll show you mine

I need to get some WRX Education before I run against the "Wrong" (as in real fast) REX

P.S. It's not about what you drive, or how fast you drive, it's all about the "Enthusiasm & Passion" you have for your current vehicle.

Enthusiasm & Passion are contagious, respect for others and the desire to not only teach, but learn will carry you along way in life

I have mad respect for the people on this WRX website. I realize that I'm an outsider looking in, a non -WRX owner but a WRX admirer. I don't care if all you can afford is a 10 speed bicycle, I'll stop and talk bicycles for as long as you want.

There is always someone faster.....period

Enjoy today, develop the relationships and bonds with drivers of all types, and when you get the chance to nourish a new person into the field of fast cars (& trucks) do it with style, do it with Passion & Enthusiasm, and do it the way hopefully someone once did for you.

See you all on the streets or at the track

If you need some help from the Lightning side of the house.......let me know

Ray
    00 Lightning

Good attitude Sytech-02!

Nice to read a friendly note here and there!

Dave.

werd.
    St. Mario, thank you for saving hockey in Pittsburgh.

Re: When Does The Insanity Ever End

Originally posted by SYTECH-02
    Enjoy today, develop the relationships and bonds with drivers of all types, and when you get the chance to nourish a new person into the field of fast cars (& trucks) do it with style, do it with Passion & Enthusiasm, and do it the way hopefully someone once did for you.

Ray
    Very well said, Ray! Thanks for the sage advice.

Rod
    All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand. - Steven Wright

Moderator, of the "Super" persuasion

Re: When Does The Insanity Ever End

Originally posted by SYTECH-02

P.S. It's not about what you drive, or how fast you drive, it's all about the "Enthusiasm & Passion" you have for your current vehicle.

Enthusiasm & Passion are contagious, respect for others and the desire to not only teach, but learn will carry you along way in life

I have mad respect for the people on this WRX website. I realize that I'm an outsider looking in, a non -WRX owner but a WRX admirer. I don't care if all you can afford is a 10 speed bicycle, I'll stop and talk bicycles for as long as you want.

There is always someone faster.....period

Ray
    Very Well Said!!! I agree 100%. Having this outlook and attitude makes for a happy life filled with friends and kindred spirits...its all good!
    IHI VF-34, ECUTEK Tuned
    290whp@6300rpms@15.8psi
    247tq@5200rpms@16.9psi
    ( Dynapack Hydraulic dyno )

man i've only seen two lightnings on the road and they were both MAD racers. I lined up with one in my stock WRX at a light and took him by two car lengths up to about 70 after which he just cruised on by.

awesome.

the next time my friend and I were being stupid running 90 MPH on 395 N. In NOVA and a lightning just came out of nowhere and wanted to RUN!

really dangerous but cool as hell!

Every single Lightning owner I have met has been cool as hell. There are a couple who run at Sac Raceway, and they couldnt have cared lessa what kind of car you drove.

I actually beat one once in my teg, of course he almost lost it on the launch and only ran a 15.5. I still got to tell everyone that I beat a Lightning.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.