Memphis track experience - please read

This is a discussion on Memphis track experience - please read within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Gentlemen (and ladies) - I had the pleasure of going to the emephis motorsports park this past tuesday night for ...

Memphis track experience - please read

Gentlemen (and ladies) - I had the pleasure of going to the emephis motorsports park this past tuesday night for some 1/4 mile timing of the ol' smurfwagon. for the most part, i had a really good time, blew a bunch of launches (first time at the drag strip - and they coat this one - it will pull your shoes off if you walk across it) but unfortunatly took away a lesson or two.
    Met a guy there named Bill - memephis firefighter and STi pilot - hell of a dude, really nice, we talked for a bit 'cause he was the only other rex i saw, and figured i needed to chat. So i finally get to the staging lanes, and there is holdup (some mustang caught on fire) and a few kids/ricers approach the lanes to chat - most were really nice, but some ****head (can i say that on this board?) who claimed to be the owner of a rex (it was nowhere in sight ) came up to me, and the first words out of his mouth were "wanna buy.........." - you get the idea. Not "hello", not "hey, i like the car - i like mine too" but trying to sell me something.
    Now i know that i am not the brightest bulb in the box, but then i was given about 20 minutes of "free advice" by said *******, who (imagine this) thought that what he was selling was EXACTLY what i needed. Now one thing that i try to stick by is that i do the work on my car MYSELF - i am not some little biotch who just cuts a check to the shop and dosent know jack. This guy apparently thought that the shoips work on the car he claimed to own gave him some sort of superiority over me - geez. The guy was just rude, and grated on me like a used car salesman. After asking me questions and then immediatly interrupting whatever i said, i gave up on him and just walked off.

The point i am trying to make is not that this guy did this or that, but that one of the main reasons that i participate on this board, and like to chat about these cars is that most of the people who own them are pretty cool about it, and have the maturity to not be *******s (obviously not all of them) So anyway, if this guy is on the board, sorry man, but I really hate when people talk donw to me. Anyway, for those of you out there who go to meets and such, try to uphold a bit of the reputation of WRX owners, and dont act like jackasses - or worse, ricer kids, and dont try to sell people a bunch of crap without even asking their name, because i just might pull a Rick James on your ass. *****es.
    - DC
    "Let me never be accused of standing between a Charlestonian and his drink" - J. Kuhn

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

So how did you do?

Originally posted by Tuco
    So how did you do?
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Yeah, spill it man - what did you run?

Im real interested because my first weekend at the strip is lined up in a couple of weeks and I want to know how a newbie on the track can go with his first few runs. Im a stage 1 MY99 with about 220whp.

My mate Im going with used to have an 11 second Lancer GSR and weve arranged that if I dont run under 14 seconds I have to let him have a crack.

How'd you do man? I didn't know MMP was so sticky. I keep hearing about how slick it is from all my friends that run there.

I hope that guy talkin down to you isn't someone I know.
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to prosper." Ben Franklin

Oh - sorry - got off on a tangent. I will try to find the actual timslip, but my best run was a 14.20 @ some crap speed - i ran 4 times, the first three launches were embarrasing - i need to stick to twisties - i'm a lot better at those - but i am going to to back and try to get better.
    - DC
    "Let me never be accused of standing between a Charlestonian and his drink" - J. Kuhn

oh yeah, its sticky all right - my friend has a NOS-ed firbird, and told me it was sticky as hell, but i didnt believe him until i actually walked on it - it will almost pull your shoe off if its not tied tight
    -DC

I Support ClubWRX
    Moral of the story is:

I was going to buy what you were selling in your profile, but I got really made when you didnt ask how I was before I PM'd you. WHAAAAT
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"