WRX vs E36 M3: Walked his arse from a roll! - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vs E36 M3: Walked his arse from a roll! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; 99 m3steve, OT: How do you like your S03s? I'm thinking about getting a set. -Jim...

99 m3steve,

OT: How do you like your S03s? I'm thinking about getting a set.

-Jim

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

traction is so much better than my stock michlins! tread doesn't look as cool though and power sliding the rear is much more trottle demanding if i had to do it over i would buy them again they rule. buy them
    99 m3

ecis cai
    jtd underpanel
    bridgestone S03's
    more to come!

Originally posted by 99 m3steve
    traction is so much better than my stock michlins! tread doesn't look as cool though and power sliding the rear is much more trottle demanding if i had to do it over i would buy them again they rule. buy them
    Thanks, I will!

Platinum WRX,

I've got S-03s on my car too and they are excellent in both dry and wet, to the point that even when traction is lost, you could still feel them gripping somewhat unlike some other tyres which just spin on the spot.

Highly recommended!
    Feels very safe when u accidentally do stupid stuff as you know it''ll just get back into line easily....
    "S15 Silvia - Are you enjoying the view from the side?"

Jim,

Try the BFG KDW. Mine stick like glue.

Russ

I would say that either

1.) The M3 was an automatic

2.) He was the ****test driver ever

3.) It was a fake M3, and yes they can be made very very real! looking that is.

Still probally you did beat him since only you will know but I KNOW for a fact which is faster. Read my sig before you comment please.......I am NOT at all bias for any car since I own both!
    Last edited by ICE888; 07-14-2002 at 11:28 PM.
    First mission:
    1997 Reiger Wide Body BMW M3 4dr
    Just for looks.....

Everyday:
    2002 Rally Blue WRX
    Just for driving.....

My new toy:
    1994 Dodge Stealth RT/TT
    Just for FUN!!!!

Originally posted by blackshadow
    My friend has one ('99) with just a Dinan CAI. On the street he killed me and he ran a 14.00 at the track. I love those cars.
    He ran 14.0 at the track. Thats about right for a stock 1993 M3. They run around 14.0 @100mph at the track. Thats definately WRX territory with a mbc.
    I absolutely destroyed an M3 convertable with 2 yuppies in it a few months ago. They actually laughed at me and my car while sitting at a light. Little did they know they were about to be schooled.

I have the S03 as well they are simply amazing. I hiiiiiiighly reccomend them. If I didnt run hard in the rain (Really I do ) I would get the BFG g-Force KD, but I have to have water traction.
    Last edited by AaronC; 07-15-2002 at 01:45 PM.

m3 body kit. there are alot of "lesser" bmw's with m3 body kits. that sounds like a explantion.
    99 m3

ecis cai
    jtd underpanel
    bridgestone S03's
    more to come!

E36 M3 would walk, maybe run on you

at freeway speeds the M3 is really fast. It pulls like a mutha up to 137mph where you run out of gear

Originally posted by ICE888
    I would say that either

1.) The M3 was an automatic

2.) He was the ****test driver ever

3.) It was a fake M3, and yes they can be made very very real! looking that is.

Still probally you did beat him since only you will know but I KNOW for a fact which is faster. Read my sig before you comment please.......I am NOT at all bias for any car since I own both!
    So, which one of your cars is the fastest? I have been in those R/T STealths and they are quick as ****...but they don't go until that turbo gets going (it was 6 years ago, so forgive me if I don't totally remember the drive). I figure the E36 M3 would get it early but then once the turbo kicked in, the STealth would catch up. If I remember correctly, you don't have to shift out of the Stealth until ~60mph..is that correct? Just love that car and not too many people have it anymore.

Originally posted by 99 m3steve
    m3 body kit. there are alot of "lesser" bmw's with m3 body kits. that sounds like a explantion.

umm no...this was a legit m3....you guys exaggerate the cars power....240 HP....big wup
    2002 Blue WRX w/ Factory Body Kit

-UTEC TXS Tuned @17 PSI
    -Samco Hoses
    -MRT Catless Uppipe
    -BPM 3" Turbo Back Exhaust
    -Whiteline Front and Rear Strut Bar

239.9 AWHP 246.4 AWTQ
    Graphs here:
    http://community.webshots.com/album/70782887sLVXId

hey are those S03's noisey or quiet I need new tyres soon and have P7000's at the moment, they are a bit noisey but perform well.

Originally posted by ElectronBlueSi

umm no...this was a legit m3....you guys exaggerate the cars power....240 HP....big wup
    240HP = big wup? How about 236 lbs/ft. of torque? That's where the M3 is separated from most stock cars - of course, you weren't running stock so you're not really comparing apples to apples...then again, his car is a bit more than yours, so it evens out in the end I guess.

Hey, not saying it didn't happen, but walking on a car like that, especially up high where the M3's get a massive amount of power? Well, you were there and I wasn't, so...

it was an m3 and yes i did pull on it....he had an additional passenger, so his car weighed prob 300 more lbs total... thats significant...im guessing im putting around the same numbers down, a little less torque...
    2002 Blue WRX w/ Factory Body Kit

-UTEC TXS Tuned @17 PSI
    -Samco Hoses
    -MRT Catless Uppipe
    -BPM 3" Turbo Back Exhaust
    -Whiteline Front and Rear Strut Bar

239.9 AWHP 246.4 AWTQ
    Graphs here:
    http://community.webshots.com/album/70782887sLVXId

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.