Why is it people challenge WRXs so much? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Why is it people challenge WRXs so much? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Watch how people drive their cars and then you know who to race. For example; a kid running it full ...

Bil
    Watch how people drive their cars and then you know who to race. For example; a kid running it full out stop light to stop light, lighting up the tires (always) and over reving the stock engine with oversized non beneficial exhaust mods is of no concern. It's the guy that runs the car with skill. Quiet, limited screaching of tread, etc... I get the most looks and the most offers because I don't feel the need to show off this cars potential to just anyone. They have to be a worthy adversary first.
    I get piped from everything from a chevy truck to a scrap civic to a mazda 3....if anything, it makes me laugh and certainly keep smiling! (that seems to aggrevate them even worse, wen you refuse and just laugh at them).

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I didn't get a lot of people trying to race me when I was completely stock and all I've done now is put some 18's on the car and probably 10 times as many people try to race me now...mostly hondas...lol

I have had my car for 2 years now, and have been only challenged 2 times. 1 time was on a busy road (by a crappy looking CRX) and on the freeway by a Golf. And everytime I refused

But thats it. Never again. I get the gangsta mad dog looks and I just give them a cheesy look .

If you want to race, follow me to the quater mile, and then follow me through the mountains, in the rain and then if you still want more, follow me through some dirt trails

When i had my 01EclipseGT i got messed with. But since the WRX......nothing really. A civic itched away from me from a 70 MPH+ roll but i was loaded to the gills with weight. Got walked on the freeway as well by a firebird. Burned a 98ish Mustang GT. Various runs against saturns to 40MPH cause i realized how lame i was for taking the bait. Race a couple chevy trucks and that was boring.

Funny thing i noticed kind of like the Firebird on the Freeway. He was on the freeway willing to race but we got off the freeway and to a stop light and i took off out of the hole and put about 10 car lengths on him cause obviously he was done racing and not trying but about a 1/2 mile down the road he comes up next to me and revs and takes off. So basically they know a WRX will kill them off the line and i knew that he'd kill me up top but i still went.

Bottom line: I dont get messed with in the WRX anymore. Not saying im fast cause im not. All i got is up and TBE. Still waiting impatiently for my accessport to show up.

I am not a street racer, but many Hispanics with their riced out Hondas try to race me all the time. Last year, a car full of El Salvadorians tried to engage in a street race. Then guy took of like a bat out of hell and when he hit the dip on the road, his 5-foot tall bat wing fell of his trunk and shattered all over the road. You should of had seen the look on the passengers faces A week later, I drove by the same part of town and the same Salvadorian Cat wanted to race again. The light turns green and I notices that he had ducked tape the wing back together and installed on his car again. My wife and I LOL as he pulled away and backed fired every time he shifted gears. BTW I did not race the guy.
    Last edited by Drod; 04-21-2004 at 01:26 PM.

I don't get to race but there is a civic with exhaust and GS-R with the same thing that always rev's at me when they are going the opposite way. I am still waiting for a chance to line these 2 up. I will rip them new ones.

Originally posted by driverj
    I don't get to race but there is a civic with exhaust and GS-R with the same thing that always rev's at me when they are going the opposite way. I am still waiting for a chance to line these 2 up. I will rip them new ones.
    careful man...
    civic with exhaust will own your L!FE!!!!!!!!
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Originally posted by DTR maxima
    careful man...
    civic with exhaust will own your L!FE!!!!!!!!

I'll short shift to make it interesting.

Man, I get challenged like every day but I also live in Southern Cali, original home of the ricers so they are EVERYWHERE. Now that I have my mods, its not even close to a race anymore because by the time I am in 2nd I have already put about 2-3 lengths on a Honda or Acura. I tried to get a 911 to race me yesterday but the guy was around 60 and not up for it, most of the guys out here with the big cars are all senior citizens so thats no fun. I did howevere get a guy in his 40's or so to race me in his 2000 something Vette a few days ago and we had to slow at about 55 but I had a little more then 1 length on him when we slowed. I guess it all depends on where you live.

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    Originally posted by EVOVIII
    Man, I get challenged like every day but I also live in Southern Cali, original home of the ricers so they are EVERYWHERE. Now that I have my mods, its not even close to a race anymore because by the time I am in 2nd I have already put about 2-3 lengths on a Honda or Acura. I tried to get a 911 to race me yesterday but the guy was around 60 and not up for it, most of the guys out here with the big cars are all senior citizens so thats no fun. I did howevere get a guy in his 40's or so to race me in his 2000 something Vette a few days ago and we had to slow at about 55 but I had a little more then 1 length on him when we slowed. I guess it all depends on where you live.
    aww man! Slowing at 55 isnt a race!!
    2003 SRT-4

Originally posted by StoplightWarrior
    aww man! Slowing at 55 isnt a race!!
    It is if you are on a 40 mph street

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by driverj
    I'll short shift to make it interesting.
    haha
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    Originally posted by EVOVIII
    It is if you are on a 40 mph street
    damn you AWD drivers
    2003 SRT-4

fre
    Originally posted by StoplightWarrior
    damn you AWD drivers
    Yea you have to make it fair and give him a chance to actually use some of his power Those damn things get crazy at 100+mph.

uke
    I like challenging WRX's mostly because it was one of the two cars I was originally set on getting, and I know what they're capable of. Very nice cars, overall.
    06 GTO - yeah, it's pretty quick
    Grand Prix GTP-gone

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.