3000GT, potential? - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on 3000GT, potential? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Show me a 7 or 8 sec streetable 3000gt and then I'll believe it's hanging with a supra. hp isn't ...

Show me a 7 or 8 sec streetable 3000gt and then I'll believe it's hanging with a supra.

hp isn't everything.
    Mods

Armed with a rotated Precision 6265 turbo at 35psi and a built 2.5 liter.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by Brians3000GT
    any self-respecting VR-4/R/tTT owner very well knows how very easy it is for them to get to dip into the 10's with just a few mods... Dynamic Racing DR-650 turbos (refer www.dynamicracing.com) a few supporting mods (forged internals) FMIC, 20+psi, lighten the car a bit and you're easily dipping into mid-high 10's
    No offense but thats not a few mods...
    SIRacing.Net

Originally posted by yermom
    heh, fairlady

does not sound like a fast car, no wonder they changed the name for the US market

While I doubt it's "easy" to make a 1000hp anything, the car has long been the blacksheep of the import world. That's fine with me - I prefer to be underestimated.

8-9 years ago, Jack Tertadian ran 10s in his VR4 with half the mods you see on a lot of them today. Lots of people have huge parts lists but for whatever reason they really don't have proportional results. I'm out to show that it can be done. My car will have a pair of 16g's with adapter plates (stock manifolds), a Supra fuel pump, 550 injectors, and a stock cat-back. I will be stunned if it doesn't do at least an 11.20 and traps well over 120.

For years people were satisfied with the 13.0 barrier for the stock twins. I ran a 12.91 in my 92 (5spd) with a MBC and downpipe. When I ran 12.50s I was told it couldn't be done. Now people doubt the adapter plates calling them a "kludge" but the're my ticket to run 11.0s for a total of under $5k.

Supra's aren't all that superior. They just come wtih better hardware where a 3S owner has to buy it. Give a 3S some turbos and a fuel pump and it's every bit as quick. I'm no stranger to Supras - I did all the wrenching on my brother's car: http://moojohn.com/doug/supra

YELLOWvr4BLUwrx - I don't have a WRX but a friend does and I'm a fan. I ended up on this board, as well as a few others out there, because it has a very good forum for discussions of this type - lots of knowledgable, non-confrontational enthusiasts.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

Wow, what happened to my post

You guys get going and sheesh......
    Last edited by postban; 04-26-2004 at 07:06 AM.
    02 WRX Wagon Silver SOLD
    03 Cobra Satin Silver, twin screwed, cammed, ported, nasty

Cyndicate, the reason, i'm guessing, that they were having tranny problems is because they didn't send it off to Kormex which is what all serious turbo 3S drivers do after 400+hp(~refer to john M for further insight) regardless of the VR-4's weight which is sooo easy to lighten, it still handles just as nimbly as any car i've ever driven - i've driven Evo's, done up eclipses, WRX's, Mercedez, 300ZX's, the VR-4 would keep up with all of them handling wise...

about a year ago during the summer, i brought my friend with me to test drive a first gen VR-4, my buddy himself has a nice 1996 Chevrolet Camaro Z-28 bone stock LT-1 that still hauls ass and handles fairly well. After we got into the car I took him for a spin up and down this little 2 lane per direction stretch for a few. Finally i had to go back to the sellers house so i head back in that direction, there's a 90 degree angle turn that i have to make to turn into the housing development and it's across the opposite direction 2 lanes, it was clear so i kept the car a little over 40mph and explained to my buddy that "the 4wheel steering kicks in around 35, we're going 43" ... after which i said that i slammed the wheel all the way to the left making a perfect 90 degree turn at about 43-44mph and the car gripped perfectly, as if it was on rails. This was a bone stock VR-4 with no mods, my friend almost **** himself and told me how happy i was that i did that.

....any of you that question the VR-4 i dare you to try that in your STOCK WRX, let me know of the outcome
    Hmm.. interesting since the VR-4 only offered same phase steering, meaning the wheels in the rear only turn the same direction as the wheels in the front making manuvers like a lane change on a highway a lot more stable but not a 90 degree turn, especially over 35 mph when the 4WS actually kicks in.
    WRB WRX wagon
    More to come.

actually you're wrong, the rear toe angle adjusts 1.4 inches i believe - look it up from mitsubishi or ask an owner, the 4ws helps overall regardless of how much it moves

Okay ill have to look up the information.

actually you're wrong, the rear toe angle adjusts 1.4 inches i believe - look it up from mitsubishi or ask an owner, the 4ws helps overall regardless of how much it moves
    WRB WRX wagon
    More to come.

i mean i'm not trying to be an ass or anything but i'm 90% sure on that

wat is the 3si forums link please?
    Kory "I love Rexes and STis"

- 2006 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6
    - 2001 Acura CL Type S
    - 1998 Prelude S
    - 1997 Eclipse GSX
    - 1996 Eclipse GS

John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.