Smoked a Z3 this morning.
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Smoked a Z3 this morning. within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So, I'm minding my own business, driving to school, running 25 minutes late for my 8 a.m. java class. A ...

Smoked a Z3 this morning.

So, I'm minding my own business, driving to school, running 25 minutes late for my 8 a.m. java class. A relatively new looking Z3 w/ a great sounding exhaust flew past me on the right, and I decided to chase him. After following him for 5 minutes or so, we got a light. I figured he would race me because he had been driving fairly hard before then. Sure enough, light goes green, and we both launch. My new favorite method of launching is quickly stabbing the pedal to keep the rev's around 3200 or so, then quickly slipping the clutch/flooring it. Thanks to my bald RE92's, this method gets me tirespin most of the way through first gear. When I launched, I pulled about 2 cars on him in first gear, 1-2 more in second, and 1-2 more in third gear. I think he was kind of shocked that he lost because he gave me the kraut fly-bye and he didn't even look over to see the thumbs up I gave him!

Turns out he goes to the same college I do, so he pulled in behind me and did a nice little drift. RWD cars are fun, I almost bought an E36 M3, that would have been fun

Chalk another one up for the good guys, it was a fun race, hopefully I'll run into the guy on campus before school gets out.
    2004 Black WRX Sedan

Mods = yes

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX

Re: Smoked a Z3 this morning.

Originally posted by ryland
    [B]So, he gave me the kraut fly-bye
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

Nice little smack-down! I forget what motors those have in em... 3.0, 2.8? Does it depend on the year?

My uncle has the M\\\ Roadster. That thing is sick w/ power. I was the first person he let drive it. What a privelege! Instant throttle response and nice suck-ya-in-the-seat power

Looked up some specs on the car. I think it was the 2001 3.0 litre. If so, they aren't too slow:

0-60: 5.9 Transmission: Manual
    1/4 Mile: 14.1
    1/4 Speed: 96

I'll have to find his car and find out for sure which engine is in it.
    2004 Black WRX Sedan

Mods = yes

There are fast and fun little cars. At the driving school they let us drive around in the MZ3 (315hp) and wow they were fun. Definitely faster than my WRX. So good kill on your part.

there are many different z3's

1.9 liter 140 hp
    2.5 liter 170 hp
    2.5 liter 184 hp
    2.8 liter 193 hp
    3.0 liter 225 hp
    3.2 liter 240 hp
    3.2 liter 315 hp
    Mods

Armed with a rotated Precision 6265 turbo at 35psi and a built 2.5 liter.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.