Sl600 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Sl600 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Both the SL600 and the SL55 are total monsters. Aside from the auto trans, I would love to own one. ...

Both the SL600 and the SL55 are total monsters. Aside from the auto trans, I would love to own one. They still are kind of floaty in the twisties, but thats about the only bad thing I could think of. The power both cars produce is beyond insane for such comfortable cars. (The SL55 has a nasty sound as well) Just wait until the SL65 and CL65 come out with a V12 Kompressor motor that makes 603 HP and 738 TQ!!!!! That is going to be for those who weren't fortunate enough to get their hands on the SLR. I guess they would be "Roughin' it?!"

-M
    WRX - It's not a rocket. It's a guided missile.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

jt2
    Originally posted by StoplightWarrior
    unattainable, but very cool
    Depreciation is your friend. In a few years, it’ll be down to “just out of your reach”.

Personally, I can’t wait until lease return time on the new W211 E55. Although the non-supercharged version is looking pretty tempting right now, since they can be had in the mid-30’s right now. There are some pretty scary blower kits out there for them (550hp/504lb-ft) …

JT

'03 WRX, Vishnu Stage 2
    '04 Forester XT

I see a SL 600 almost every day. For some reason i cant take my eyes off the front calipers. If you havent seen them i recomend a search. NUCKING FUTS!

The SL600 is insane...especially the torque. However if we are talking about insane torque here is the CL65 AMG:
    612 HP 737 TQ from a biturbo v12
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 0401ec_mercedesamg02_z.jpg  
    MY MODS
    *GET YOUR CLUBWRX KEYRING*
    http://clubwrx.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=54791&highlight=keychai n

J-H
    I read that even with all that torque the CL65 AMG is not as fast as the models available now. I guess the weight kills it.....relatively speaking....

I'd hit it too...heavy and all...

JH

It would be kinda like banging paris hilton except she weighs 250 lbs .

If i was rich enough to buy it on a whim, id do some weight reduction, get to about 3500-3300 lbs from the normal weight of 4000+. 3300lbs + 737 tq =

Brandon
    MY MODS
    *GET YOUR CLUBWRX KEYRING*
    http://clubwrx.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=54791&highlight=keychai n

i have a 1997 sl600 7.4L ill go take a few pics
    LISC #1
    05 STi - 300whp 331wtq 1/4 - 12.7 @107.4 (SOLD)
    06 Evo IX 370whp 386wtq (Under Construction)

I didnt see the SL600, that article was on a different model. Did you guys notice the poll on the right hand side with the Evo, STi and R32? The STi is killing.

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by STiguy
    You have a what?
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Originally posted by Mabf355
    Both the SL600 and the SL55 are total monsters. Aside from the auto trans, I would love to own one. They still are kind of floaty in the twisties, but thats about the only bad thing I could think of. The power both cars produce is beyond insane for such comfortable cars. (The SL55 has a nasty sound as well) Just wait until the SL65 and CL65 come out with a V12 Kompressor motor that makes 603 HP and 738 TQ!!!!! That is going to be for those who weren't fortunate enough to get their hands on the SLR. I guess they would be "Roughin' it?!"

-M
    Floaty in the twisties soon to be a thing of the past, have you guys seen the MB prototype with the active camber control

-joe
    '02 WRB Sedan

Removed silencer w/ Akimoto Velocity Stack, Blitz Dual TT, Autospeed Prototype Up-pipe w/ Flex-joint, Autospeed Crank Pulley, Autospeed OEM Dead Pedal, Samco IC Hoses, Axxis Pads, Goodridge Lines, Neo Synth Brake Fluid, Speedbleeders, Eibach Pro-Kit, Perrin Endlinks and Rear Sway, 17" Sub Zeros w/ 225/45 ES100s, Crucial Racing Thermostat and 1.4bar Radiator Cap, Autometer Sport-Comp Oil Pressure, EGT, and Voltmeter on the A-Pillar, STI Hoodscoop.

insane! i wasnt sure what model it was because i was at the snack bar, but a quiet as hell benz ran 11.9 exactly at the track a month ago, i guess you can be really consistent in an auto. theres a sl600 worked to 7.4 liters at a shop out here. $110,000 into a $100,000 car, and 15k of it is on the retractible glass hard top!

Originally posted by Scott n Houston
    I've gone side by side with an SL600 and even though on paper it's supposed to be as fast... it wasn't.
    The first ones we got in the states had the V12, but not the high output version we're getting now. I don't think the first ones were turbo. They started out at 396HP I think. That is probably what you ran against.
    10 WRB WRX Wagon Premium

Originally posted by STiguy
    Post up some pics to show these guys, your car is f-ing SICK
    --Chris
    2011 DGM WRX hatch - Kartboy SS

04 WRX wagon - 304whp Mods - SOLD
    LISC #3
    www.longislandsubaruclub.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12