Subaru WRX Forum banner

2002 Prelude

4K views 24 replies 15 participants last post by  Marcolus 
#1 ·
anybody had run with a 02 prelude?
I run twice with a prelude tonite.

1. I didn't comming from behind. By the time he beside me I heard him downshifting (a F'king loub exhaust and I heard intake sucking air) so I think what the heck, long time no play. I was in 3rd gear, so I downshift and floors it. I go until 4th 6000, he gain nothing on me...me either:(

2. We are at the light. I didn't start very good, but still almost 1 car lenght on him. I shift every gear at 6500, and I was keep pulling away from him. By the time I shut down, I'm ATLEAST 5 car ahead. I wanna wave and tell him it's a good race, but he never looking at me... oh almost forgot, when we are running, his window is open, but when we stop I realize it's closed.

I know I can take that prelude for sure, but never think it could be that bad, 5 car is not a short distance.. I remember there's a MX3 running with us in the first game, never see him appear since then...but anyway, it was a fun night !:D

#2 · (Edited)
yea, i had a run in with one from roughly 30 mph....he caught me off guard a little....didn't know we were racing till he floors it and starts to pass on the left (on a feeder road).......i nailed it in second....my speed was a little high for a perfect 2nd gear pull but he kept up with me for the most part....i started to pull slightly in the top of third....but traffic was up ahead....i think he would have stayed pretty close given more road...but the catch is i had 300 lbs of drums in the back of the wagon and no mods at the time! preludes are quick cars and i love the styling....not fast but very quick......of course i come from the honda camp so i always have a soft spot for 'em....i'll take the sound of a honda motor any day...but the wrx was the best bang for the buck and the mods!....but beware the bottle fed ludes! check out the honda forums...those cars can be nasty quick!:eek:

#4 ·
EIonJess said:
02 Prelude? I was not aware that Honda made a 02 Prelude? I thought Honda stopped making the Prelude in 2001. Anyways I have also liked that car. They are pretty quick.

jakrex do you have any mods on your WRX?
The last prelude made was the 01 model.

#8 ·
geez, when i bought my wrx last summer they had a ton of ludes on the honda lot next door (same dealer)....seemed they couldn't give those things away....nice cars though but i for one am glad i got the wrx....more practical for me....but each to his own!

#10 ·
The Prelude has great style but there is no comparison in performance. A Prelude would need some serious mods just to keep up with a stock WRX. I've driven a stock 99 and a modded one and they just don't have the power that the WRX has. They should have dropped the S2000 engine in the Prelude, I would have bought one.

#11 ·
I like the style of the last generation of Preludes, very mysterious looking in Black. However, they are about as slow as is possible in a "sports" car.

I was driving down I-95 doing about 90 in my mom's Volvo Cross Country one night while moving stuff back to college. A Prelude with Altezzas, huge aluminum wing and purple headlights, (looked and sounded stock otherwise) came up next to me and matched speed. He looked over at me and floored it. I wanted to see what the Volvo had so I floored it too and my 5-cylinder low pressure turbo started to move me along. I hit 125 (Elec limited to 127) and passed the Prelude who didn't look to surprised. I slowed down and he was a couple lengths back. Maybe that wing weighed him down. He had a passanger and I had none, so that could have helped too, but fact is, he could barely keep up with a swedish little-league soccer transporter.

Against a stock Rex, even a modded Prelude may as well forget about it.

Even the "Hot" Prelude SH is one slow beast.

2000 Prelude SH
0-60: 7.7 seconds
1/4: 15.5 seconds

#12 ·
yea the big wings must really hurt above 50 mph, like having a parachute on the rear. i do not understand why people think they need these huge wings, makes me think of a pikes peak race. next will be nascar fans putting those huge sprint car wings on top. must take atleast 20-30 mph of the topend.
my bud has a 98 sh prelude, we havent run yet but my car feels alot stronger, although i have always thought he would pass me in the top, i have been in his car at 140 and it pulled stong to there. ill have to run him and see.

#14 ·
No drag race crazy will put a huge aluminum wing on their car. But aluminum wings does make a big different when doing corners, of course that's a if adjusted probably. Now the problem is that you know how many of these wings out there are for real perforamnce, most people get them just for the killer look. Ang those who we call ricers!!! Plain show, No go !!!!

#16 ·
Marcolus said:
i make a point to roast and embarrass every visored-out stunnafied altezza clad chromed out blinged-out tizzite riced out POS i see on the street (when things are clear of course). Just doing my part to destroy the plague of rice :cool:
Then they go out an buy the windshield wiper nozzle LEDs and the wheel lights because they are "tizzite" and "add power" so they can beat you.

Rice - You can't treat the symptoms; You must cure the disease!

#17 ·
jakrex said:
No drag race crazy will put a huge aluminum wing on their car. But aluminum wings does make a big different when doing corners, of course that's a if adjusted probably. those who we call ricers!!! Plain show, No go !!!!
true about corners, in race cars with front spoilers and the car about 1" off the ground. without the added downforce on the front i would suspect more understeer than one could shake a stick at. i just give the ricer a smirk and shake my head, then dust'em.

#18 ·
I had a run with a prelude recently. Don't know what year but I hope to run into him again so I can hand him his a$$ in a doggy bag!:mad:

I didn't even know we we're racing until I heard his little wheels squealing. I don't need to tell you that I didn't do too well. I was totally unprepared and I ran out of road. I am pretty sure I'll run into him again. Then, I'll have to show him to respect my authoritah!!!!:p

#21 ·
02WRX03060 said:
I just traded in my 00' prelude for my WRX. I had a V-AFC, and an Iceman in it, and there is no way it would beat a WRX. Now if you throw the F-Max turbo kit in it for $1500 I think it would be really close.
Since when did the f-max kit drop from 3k to 1500? I've been out of the prelude scene for a little bit but I haven't been gone that long.

#24 ·
Trypsin said:
next will be nascar fans putting those huge sprint car wings on top. must take atleast 20-30 mph of the topend.
1: 80% of NASCAR fans do not even know what a sprint car is.

2: Even if they did know what a Sprint car was, they would not be that stuiped to put a GIANT wing on their race car Taurus. Of course the Grand Prix comes with some pretty goofy stuff on the skin, so who's to say...

#25 ·
oh boy nASScar and their fans, WWF on wheels and the scapings of the bottum rung of the genetic pool.

mix vigorously with mullets and coors and this is what you get a multi-million dollar machine that thrives on unsafe racing and wonton 4wheel highspeed destruction, somehow this is masquarading as real racing?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.