turboxs stage II wagon takes a back seat to a firehawk almighty ls1
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on turboxs stage II wagon takes a back seat to a firehawk almighty ls1 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; ok....coming home from work tonight a fairly new firehawk revs on me on the freeway, so i'm thinking...ah, what the ...

turboxs stage II wagon takes a back seat to a firehawk almighty ls1

ok....coming home from work tonight a fairly new firehawk revs on me on the freeway, so i'm thinking...ah, what the hell, i know i can't compete but i'm up for some fun.....so i lay into a good 15.5 psi pull and surprisingly stay right on his ass....i can tell he's got it floored....traffic up ahead so we lay back....eventually we get off onto the feeder road and slow down to 2nd gear range......he nails it a little bit ahead of me....it didn't really matter......the almighty ls1 just kills us with all that torque and no turbo lag....maybe from a dead stop it might have been a bit more sporting but i will pass on the embarassment....i roll down the window and the guy informs me his car is running 12.5 1/4 miles....yikes...but in the end.....it's humbling to see how fast our cars are really NOT! but i had fun...and this is an apples to oranges comparison anyways.......
    Mark
    02 WRX Wagon

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

hey ya win some, ya lose some right? sounds like it was a fun little run though.
    Originally posted by AbACUZ
    im new in here, I am AbACUZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Originally posted by AbACUZ
    No where, is my style diferent, yes, I am AbACUZ.

Re: turboxs stage II wagon takes a back seat to a firehawk almighty ls1

Originally posted by mark5211
    ok....coming home from work tonight a fairly new firehawk revs on me on the freeway, so i'm thinking...ah, what the hell, i know i can't compete but i'm up for some fun.....so i lay into a good 15.5 psi pull and surprisingly stay right on his ass....i can tell he's got it floored....traffic up ahead so we lay back....eventually we get off onto the feeder road and slow down to 2nd gear range......he nails it a little bit ahead of me....it didn't really matter......the almighty ls1 just kills us with all that torque and no turbo lag....maybe from a dead stop it might have been a bit more sporting but i will pass on the embarassment....i roll down the window and the guy informs me his car is running 12.5 1/4 miles....yikes...but in the end.....it's humbling to see how fast our cars are really NOT! but i had fun...and this is an apples to oranges comparison anyways.......
    You're wanted...

http://forums.i-club.com/forums/show...hreadid=210704
    Carless

i've been summoned!....kinda figured this would happen......funny what a small world it is...especially when online!....hey....how come the ls1 forums have all the cool message icons?...we need more icons dammit!
    Mark
    02 WRX Wagon

Nice Run, those cars are fast, I wouldn't mind having one.

Adam
    02 Sedan

str
    Those things are fast! Some guy by my house owns one but I've only seen him actualy on the road with it a few times. This was before I had my WRX but I saw him punch it down the street one day and that thing TOOK OFF! FAST!

yeah yeah - so theyre fast in a dry, straight line. Wait until hes outside of me on a wet curve - then we'll see whos fast....

Jeez everyone...get off this guy's n*ts! I don't know about anyone else here, but I bought a WRX because I wouldn't be could dead in a Firebird (unless I let my mullet grow back).
    Matt
    WRX-less, now RSX-y!!!

Mullets are cool!

Hawk & WRX owner chiming in...

Originally posted by Bask Oner
    Jeez everyone...get off this guy's n*ts! I don't know about anyone else here, but I bought a WRX because I wouldn't be could dead in a Firebird (unless I let my mullet grow back).
    Nice stereotype BaskOner. Would it be fair for me to assume that you've added horsepower stickers to your WRX?

NJSubie: They also handle rather well with 275/40/17's on each corner, but I wouldn't dare try it in the wet.

Both cars are in separate categories. I love the way the Hawk puts a big grin on my face whenever I hit the gas pedal. It has higher cornering limits, but can't be pitched around as easily as the WRX.

I ran both of my cars at Road America in April, and while I had better lap times in the Firehawk it required alot of concentration. The WRX was easier to drive and actually more fun in the corners, but I was getting passed by all the C5's, F-bodies, and Mustangs between the corners.

Take it easy with ripping on those of us that still like the sound and feel of a V8 and RWD, though.

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

Re: Hawk & WRX owner chiming in...

Originally posted by Dan00Hawk
    I ran both of my cars at Road America in April, and while I had better lap times in the Firehawk it required alot of concentration. The WRX was easier to drive and actually more fun in the corners, but I was getting passed by all the C5's, F-bodies, and Mustangs between the corners.
    When I was at the Lime Rock, CT track, there was a Firehawk that would WHOOOOP by and pass three cars at a time on the straight! And that was while we were all accelerating from about 80 to 120 mph. And then the M3s, WRXs, S4s and ITRs would crowd behind the Firehawk through all the corners (passing allowed only on the one straight).

Would it be fair for me to assume that you've added horsepower stickers to your WRX?
    Easy now! We all know that the "STi" sticker is no match for the power of the "Screaming Chicken"!

I am sooooo ready to go home from work now.

LOL, the curse of the screaming chicken. I like to think that the 1993+ TransAms are a tad classier than the Smokey and the Bandit ones, but of course I'm biased. I had a similar experience to yours when I was at RA. A black Viper GTS from Arizona (maybe NewMexico) was loafing through the turns, and really causing people to back up behind him. We also had some no passing zones, so it was frustrating as I didn't have the horsepower in the WRX to get around him on the straights.

The more I drive my WRX, the more I like it.

Also, what is an ITR?

Also, what is an ITR?
    What's a mullet?

Mulletsgalore.com

Think of images associated with the movie "Joe Dirt", Billy Ray Cyrus, etc... Typically the hairstyle preferred by guys still living in the 80's, back in the heyday of the IROC and TransAm. If you saw a rusted out IROC driving around a small town in Alabama, you would expect to see a mullet wearing individual behind the wheel. There is some truth behind every stereotype.

Also, what is an ITR?
    Integra Type-R

Originally posted by pace
    What's a mullet?
    www.mulletsgalore.com
    Everything you need to know about mullets and some things you really wish you hadn't known.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.