wrx vs type s
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on wrx vs type s within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; went to the races last night and like usual there was nothing even close to quick. watched my friend in ...

wrx vs type s

went to the races last night and like usual there was nothing even close to quick. watched my friend in a v6 mustang get smoked by an obd1 gsr that misshifted twice. that was pretty funny.

anyway after sitting there for a half hour another group of cars rolls up and in that group is a white rsx-s with exhaust. i figured he would be my only competition of the night so i asked to race. the guy didnt seem like he knew much about cars because he asked me twice if my car was turboed. after some talking i finally get him to race.

launched pretty crappily at 4500 and then bogged a tiny bit but still had him by 2 cars by the end of first. by the end of third that lead had increased to 4-5 cars and i shut down from there.

i've raced type s before and one i raced with an intake was right there with me (40 mph roll). then the cops came so we left. it was a decent night i guess.
    07 STi Cobb AP2, TBE, Kartboy, RCE

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

WRX
    I'm assuming this wasn't at a dragstrip.... no further comment.
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

Re: wrx vs type s

Originally posted by WRB03WRX
    went to the races last night and like usual there was nothing even close to quick. watched my friend in a v6 mustang get smoked by an obd1 gsr that misshifted twice. that was pretty funny.

anyway after sitting there for a half hour another group of cars rolls up and in that group is a white rsx-s with exhaust. i figured he would be my only competition of the night so i asked to race. the guy didnt seem like he knew much about cars because he asked me twice if my car was turboed. after some talking i finally get him to race.

launched pretty crappily at 4500 and then bogged a tiny bit but still had him by 2 cars by the end of first. by the end of third that lead had increased to 4-5 cars and i shut down from there.

i've raced type s before and one i raced with an intake was right there with me (40 mph roll). then the cops came so we left. it was a decent night i guess.
    I'm guessing they don't like sports cars in your town. Stock wrx's aren't very fast, and if you have no competition, that's sad.
    Mods

Armed with a rotated Precision 6265 turbo at 35psi and a built 2.5 liter.

Re: Re: wrx vs type s

Originally posted by ilivas
    I'm guessing they don't like sports cars in your town. Stock wrx's aren't very fast, and if you have no competition, that's sad.
    Stock for stock, WRX's are pretty fasted compared to most other "sports compacts".

I raced an RSX-S at the races one time... I also bogged the launch but still killed him by the end of 1st. i/e for him and axle back for me at the time. Throw Hondata on those suckers and they become pretty quick.

Re: Re: wrx vs type s

Originally posted by ilivas
    no there are some fast cars around but none of em ever want to race. they have their sort of elite group that rolls around.
    07 STi Cobb AP2, TBE, Kartboy, RCE

yes, hondata will def. get those cars going.

nice race, but i agree with Ilivas. if your stock wrx is the best competition at local races then your town sucks... usually when i go to the races on a crowded night you can find anything from 12sec civics, vettes, modded LS1's, and turbo sentra's.

since my car is only running mid 14's i often find myself going with cars in range though. there are times when the only cars there are 15sec civic, jettas/gti's running 14's etc...
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

I raced an rsx with cai and hondata a while back. We went once from a roll and once from stoped. From a roll we took off at about 50mph he immediatly jumped up about half car and by the end of third it was about 1 car. From stopped i got a pretty good launch and took about a 2 car lead on him by third gear i still had about 1 3/4 car lead on him. Afterwards he complimented me on my launch we exchanged a few words and parted ways. At the time all i had was a downpipe.

Heres what the rsx owner had to say about it. http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=138014
    <<My car
    COBB Stage II --- 8.52 @ 81mph in the 1/8 mile
    Mods

Originally posted by WRX-Z
    I raced an rsx with cai and hondata a while back. We went once from a roll and once from stoped. From a roll we took off at about 50mph he immediatly jumped up about half car and by the end of third it was about 1 car. From stopped i got a pretty good launch and took about a 2 car lead on him by third gear i still had about 1 3/4 car lead on him. Afterwards he complimented me on my launch we exchanged a few words and parted ways. At the time all i had was a downpipe.

Heres what the rsx owner had to say about it. http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=138014
    i expected a lot of flaming to go on the at the rsx board. it was very cool though, and the guy that raced you and posted sounded like a good also...
    Just call me Clark Kent

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX

Re: wrx vs type s

Originally posted by WRB03WRX
    [B]

Nice kill.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

Originally posted by WRX
    I'm assuming this wasn't at a dragstrip.... no further comment.
    why does it matter if it was a dragstrip or not? ...shutup

Originally posted by Brians3000GT
    Because street racing is idiotic.

street racing is not idiodic under the right conditions
    1.empty street
    2.non-developed/no housing/non-populated
    3.enough space for 2 cars safely to run 1/8, 1/4 or mile with stopping room

if you have those conditions... why not?

street racing is not idiodic under the right conditions
    1.empty street
    2.non-developed/no housing/non-populated
    3.enough space for 2 cars safely to run 1/8, 1/4 or mile with stopping room

if you have those conditions... why not?
    wrd.

hey, hey now... i street race but try to do it in good circumstances. but lets not get into that right now. that topic has been beat to death. WRX and you will have different opinions, so there is no need to tell him to "shut up".

i know you havnt been around here very long, but we like to keep a fair amount of respect between members. and WRX is a well known member here at clubwrx.net and he was expressing his opinion on something that favored THE LAW!.
    whether or not you agree is your own thing, but this isnt some teenage civic board. be mature and respectful and we can all get along with intelligent debating.
    Just call me Clark Kent

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast