Don't you hate it when... *1/4, roll ons, drag racing*
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Don't you hate it when... *1/4, roll ons, drag racing* within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Don't you hate it when WRX owners beat some cars, people will say "well, I bet if you race him ...

Don't you hate it when... *1/4, roll ons, drag racing*

Don't you hate it when WRX owners beat some cars, people will say "well, I bet if you race him top end you will lose." I mean, c'mon we know that our car's sweet spots are from a stop. There's different ways of racing like:

Roll ons = rolling racings
    Drag racings = racings from a complete stop

There's others but these were just examples. I dunno, I just needed to vent after reading the other boards of different cars.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: Don't you hate it when... *1/4, roll ons, drag racing*

Originally posted by Bliss
    Don't you hate it when WRX owners beat some cars, people will say "well, I bet if you race him top end you will lose."
    Otherwise known as telling someone to do a ricer flyby.

Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    I Support ClubWRX
    Whenever I hear the excuse "you would've lost in the top end" all I can reply is with "Well, how often are you going to be racing on the street at 100+ mph????"
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Senior Editor and Photographer, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 2010 A4, still to be named | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

Originally posted by Verdugo
    Whenever I hear the excuse "you would've lost in the top end" all I can reply is with "Well, how often are you going to be racing on the street at 100+ mph????"
    That's very true, but you forget that there are some freeways in which you could race at these speeds at night. I get your point though. I mean in an average street with lights it's usually impossible to reach speeds of 100mph and over.

get a VF30, you will not mind racing people @ higher speeds
    e46 M3 (new toy)
    02 wrx w/257 swap (now sold)
    IS 300 5spd w/ NAV (hers)

Moderating YOU
    I Support ClubWRX
    Hehe, wanna give me some money?

And I'm sure I won't mind the fact that my top end is awesome, but I honestly don't think I'd like racing that fast on public roads...
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 2010 A4, still to be named | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)

Houston, TX / Athens, GA -at the same time!
    I Support ClubWRX
    i agree, i don't see myself going 120 down the freeway...

but having a car capable of doing that is awesome - just knowing that you could go that fast is enough to satisfy me
    Silver 911
    WRX's older brother

It's funny how things are relative. I've run 160 mph in my Saab, I was however in Germany. 100, 120 start to feel slow if you do it everyday. Rain however keeps you awake. Fastest I've run here was maxed out in my friends Audi 200 Turbo back when I was stupid and in College. It ran exactly what Road & Track said it would, 132. I think I am getting paranoid as I age. I can't believe how I see these 18 year old chicks just cruising at 90 in the Sunfires. Guess I'd rather spend the speeding ticket money on mods. I prefer now just the acceleration rush and going around corners.

Houston, TX / Athens, GA -at the same time!
    I Support ClubWRX
    wrxavant - i agree:

going fast isn't what impresses me - accelerating fast does. and so does turning fast. the G forces are what is such a cool feeling.
    Silver 911
    WRX's older brother

Moderating YOU
    I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by wrxavant
    It's funny how things are relative. I've run 160 mph in my Saab, I was however in Germany. 100, 120 start to feel slow if you do it everyday. Rain however keeps you awake. Fastest I've run here was maxed out in my friends Audi 200 Turbo back when I was stupid and in College. It ran exactly what Road & Track said it would, 132. I think I am getting paranoid as I age. I can't believe how I see these 18 year old chicks just cruising at 90 in the Sunfires. Guess I'd rather spend the speeding ticket money on mods. I prefer now just the acceleration rush and going around corners.
    Very true! At the local Scooby cruise last Saturday, we spent the majority of the time going 50-60 in the twisties and doing that in a straight line on the freeway just seems so damn boring.

Banned
    Originally posted by wrxavant
    Yeah at the same meet at verdugo, When he was going 70-80 or so, It seemed slow, even though at the time that was currently the fasest Ive ever gone. Why? Becuase we were in the boonies, and all the roads went on forever. In the city, with traffic it seems alot faster. Then 60 seemed slow coming back.

90 is though.

RSXracer200
    accelerating from low speeds is fun but nothing beats the rush of doing 130+.....at about 170 even i get shook and have to back off lol (by the way my rsx only goes up into the upper 140s but my friends turbo vr6 goes up to those speeds)

Originally posted by RSXracer200
    accelerating from low speeds is fun but nothing beats the rush of doing 130+.....at about 170 even i get shook and have to back off lol (by the way my rsx only goes up into the upper 140s but my friends turbo vr6 goes up to those speeds)
    Till you hit a large animal or rock, lose control, and die. Or maybe a tire explodes. Or a large gust of wind pushes you off the road. Driving that fast on a public road is just plain stupid. Save it for the race track.

RSXracer200
    u cant go that fast on tracks so i guess we're ganna have to keep it on open highways....the car goes faster i just have never pushed it beyond that....when he set up races with heavily modded supras he gets up there even higher then im willing to try. besides iv only driven his car that fast 4 times and he doesnt waste his time with anyone that he isnt absolutly sure has comp for his car so he bairly ever does it either

For me, the only real test of car and driver (in acceletration) is the 1/4 mile AT THE TRACK. This removes all the variables and let's you compare your car and your driving skills to others. Road racing is a better measure of car and driver is all other respects, but it is a tad expensive. Drag racing, on the other hand, is cheap enough that you can do it every w/e, if you want!

-Jim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast