my WRX vs. BPU SRT-4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on my WRX vs. BPU SRT-4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; my WRX's mods: mbc, downpipe, axle back, g/f in car (110 lbs.), 2 gay ADR 18's in trunk with tires ...

my WRX vs. BPU SRT-4

my WRX's mods: mbc, downpipe, axle back, g/f in car (110 lbs.), 2 gay ADR 18's in trunk with tires (~80-90 lbs.) so I'm heavier than normal street trim

SRT-4 mods (from what his boy told me): bov, turboback, intake, mbc, bfg drag radials (I watched him lower the pressure), no passengers

Those freakin **** talkers at Ave P (Newark, NJ)... tryin to play me like I've never seen an SRT before. "Your WRX got power yo; this is just a neon." Anyway, it was a nice night so I said yea to racing. We line up and he burns out. Arms up, arms down. I completely ROAST my clutch (better than bogging) and get a little less than a car length on him out of the hole (my friend was watching fromt he start). Bang 2nd and expect him to hook already and pull me, but he doesn't. Bang 3rd and I know I won. 4th and the 1/4 is over... then the ricer flyby ensues. I come back and people don't know what to think of my car. Dumb ghetto ricers don't know nothin . Needless to say, SRT owner was pissed cuz he lost to the very car that he could kill in his stock form. I bet he just couldn't drive cuz that thing should have annihilated me from 2nd on.

Cliff notes: WRX holeshots SRT-4 and never looks back. unexpected ricers are impressed. i go home happy.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Was it blue with white stickers? Cause he came over to SI to race and he really couldn't launch for a drag radial car, he said something about he needed motor mounts and then his car would be a lot faster I don't think they're going to be making THAT big of a diff because he got eaten up by my friends mid 14 second 330CI. Good kill
    SIRacing.Net

Originally posted by yermom
    heh, fairlady

does not sound like a fast car, no wonder they changed the name for the US market

Good kill. That dude got what he deserved. Too often people forget to upgrade the most important part on the car..... the driver!
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

Originally posted by SERacing
    he said something about he needed motor mounts and then his car would be a lot faster I don't think they're going to be making THAT big of a diff
    The wheel hop on these cars (SRT-4's) is horrible. The drive wheels are attached to a very torquey motor that has soft motor mounts. Makes for a lot of engine motion and thus wheel hop. It scared the hell out of me the first time I tried launching one.

Supposedly the motor mounts help a lot thus making the car better on a launch.
    Last edited by silverscooby; 04-17-2004 at 05:44 PM.
    12.5@109
    11.6@125

Yeah thats what he was explaining to me, but I don't think that made the 1 second difference I would expect from a modded Srt4 vs a mid 14 330CI. I was trying to politely say he needs to learn how to drive because he was racing with temp tags and it was his first stick car.
    SIRacing.Net

Originally posted by yermom
    heh, fairlady

does not sound like a fast car, no wonder they changed the name for the US market

Originally posted by silverscooby
    The wheel hop on these cars (SRT-4's) is horrible. The drive wheels are attached to a very torquey motor that has soft motor mounts. Makes for a lot of engine motion and thus wheel hop. It scared the hell out of me the first time I tried launching one.

Supposedly the motor mounts help a lot thus making the car better on a launch.
    i have seen then bounce around quite a bit form a launch, so i would also assume some solid motor mounts would help..

when did you sell the rex for an srt-4? i cant believe the whp those things are making
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    The wheel hop on these cars (SRT-4's) is horrible.
    I drove a friends Srt4 and had the same problem with wheel hop,my type R was the same way.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

Yea I have a good friend with a 300whp SRT-4, and his first mods were the motor mounts. With just those, he ran a 13.7 @ 99. Hey the wheel hop sucks, I had a 300whp turbo civic so I know about it. If you can't hook, what's the point of making all the powr? Sucks to be that guy.

And wingless, it was red, stock wheels & suspension. Hispanic guy driving it.

yeah, traction is pretty bad with any fwd car once you pass the 275 whp mark. i just think its crazy how these srt-4's are making 230whp bone stock
    Just call me Clark Kent

Good kill. That dude got what he deserved. Too often people forget to upgrade the most important part on the car..... the driver!
    You sold your WRX to get a SRT-4?

I work at a Dodge store. With my demo allowance (that I now get for driving a Dodge) my monthly payments on the SRT-4 are $40. That's hard to argue with.

Couple that with the fact that I was scared to drive my car hard for fear of busting the tranny. I just didnt want to throw anymore money at that car.

I miss the WRX sometimes but I was ready for something new and I think the SRT-4 is a great platform. I'll be getting a set of slicks for the track to help with traction!
    12.5@109
    11.6@125

Nice Man!

I work at a Dodge store. With my demo allowance (that I now get for driving a Dodge) my monthly payments on the SRT-4 are $40. That's hard to argue with.

Couple that with the fact that I was scared to drive my car hard for fear of busting the tranny. I just didnt want to throw anymore money at that car.

I miss the WRX sometimes but I was ready for something new and I think the SRT-4 is a great platform. I'll be getting a set of slicks for the track to help with traction!
    nice... i assume that the wrx has a few legs up on the srt-4 as far as refinement and luxery go. is this true?
    Just call me Clark Kent

Oh for sure. The SRT-4 has no cruise control or power rear windows. While it is "just a neon" it is actually not that bad compared to my WRX in terms of fit and finish.
    12.5@109
    11.6@125

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Enjoy your SRT4,for that kind of money,I'd hit it.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.