my WRX vs. BPU SRT-4 - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on my WRX vs. BPU SRT-4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by silverscooby Oh for sure. The SRT-4 has no cruise control or power rear windows. While it is ...

Originally posted by silverscooby
    Oh for sure. The SRT-4 has no cruise control or power rear windows. While it is "just a neon" it is actually not that bad compared to my WRX in terms of fit and finish.
    when i sat in one it felt like it was built/finished almost as well as the rex. trans felt much better for sure though. i figured it would not be upto par as far as options and refinement go. but the actually quality is not to bad from my short lived experience with the srt-4
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

my friend is getting a srt4, and i got the wrx. be kinda cool drving aroudn with both
    05' WRB STI
    MODS

Go raibh tú leathuair ar Neamh
    sula bhfuil a fhios ag an diabhal go bhfuil tú marbh

May you be a half-hour in Heaven before the devil knows that you're dead.

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    The tie breaker for me between these two cars was AWD,crappy winters and all.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

Was hoping you'd end up getting an STi Jim But SRT's are badass for the money, goodluck with it.
    03' WRB WRX, 5spd
    AccessPort w/ VF34 (PDX Tuning map)
    Cobbtuning Intake
    TXS Catless StealthBack /w Stromung XA
    Nino's Uppipe
    Samco I/C Hoses

UPDATE: Found out about what the SRT-4 had (in addition to anything listed in original post):

piggyback ecu
    3" turboback
    bov
    intake
    wastegate actuator

And best part is he trapped at 110 two weeks ago at the track.

Nice Kill man. Sounds like he has the Psi-Fi piggy back on the car. That is a pretty stout car you killed. I'm trying to figure out who it is you killed (from SRT Forums). By any chance, did the car have a "Team G Spot" decal on the car?
    2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i [Bone Stock]
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 [303 hp/323 tq] - SOLD

Sorry guys but I just hate the looks of any neon and SRT. I find that the WRX is just eye pleasing and some part of everyone on here looks and hp = awesome ride. The SRT seems to be jacked up in the rear. I am just saying I would not sell the WRX to get a SRT

Originally posted by drizze99
    Nice Kill man. Sounds like he has the Psi-Fi piggy back on the car. That is a pretty stout car you killed. I'm trying to figure out who it is you killed (from SRT Forums). By any chance, did the car have a "Team G Spot" decal on the car?
    I don't think it was the G-Spot red SRT because I saw him at the OTHER races and it wasn't hte same driver. I do know what car that is though. This guy was stickerless so beats me. i wish I browsed the SRTforums more so I could find out. But my friend does know who that is and says he's one of the faster ones in the tri-state.

Actually this may be the red one that I raced:

http://euphrates.wpunj.edu/students/...RT4/stage1.jpg
    Last edited by InfamousDX; 04-20-2004 at 11:16 AM.

Originally posted by huskerwrx
    Sorry guys but I just hate the looks of any neon and SRT. I find that the WRX is just eye pleasing and some part of everyone on here looks and hp = awesome ride. The SRT seems to be jacked up in the rear. I am just saying I would not sell the WRX to get a SRT
    The car looks A LOT better with lowering springs or coilovers. I plan on putting on some CO's this weekend and I'll post pics and you will see what I am talking about.

InfamousDX, hmmmm..... Yea, the only 2 red ones I know of are the "Team G Spot" and the other has the stock rims painted gunmetal like mine.

Sorry guys but I just hate the looks of any neon and SRT. I am just saying I would not sell the WRX to get a SRT
    I don't think anyone on here was asking you to sell your WRX for an SRT-4 but thank you for your opinion.....

Last edited by silverscooby; 04-20-2004 at 01:52 PM.
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

no i was just meaning for $40 a month is not worth the difference.

Originally posted by InfamousDX
    I don't think it was the G-Spot red SRT because I saw him at the OTHER races and it wasn't hte same driver. I do know what car that is though. This guy was stickerless so beats me. i wish I browsed the SRTforums more so I could find out. But my friend does know who that is and says he's one of the faster ones in the tri-state.

Actually this may be the red one that I raced:

http://euphrates.wpunj.edu/students/...RT4/stage1.jpg
    if thats the srt you ran it was one of the faster ones in new jersey. that car is tuned with a piggyback ecu, mbc, wga, and exhaust i believe. he runs in the 12.8 region on drag radials. the owner's name is redram on the srtforums. he is a real cool guy and he is a friend of the "team g spot" srt.

Originally posted by kadishack63
    if thats the srt you ran it was one of the faster ones in new jersey. that car is tuned with a piggyback ecu, mbc, wga, and exhaust i believe. he runs in the 12.8 region on drag radials. the owner's name is redram on the srtforums. he is a real cool guy and he is a friend of the "team g spot" srt.
    I know.. he ran a 12.8 @ 110 or something. Not the greatest traction obviously. He might be a cool guy but I was gonna give him props for the nice run on the way back but he totally blew by me. From that ET and trap and the way he launched that night, I think he needs to work on the driving.

no i was just meaning for $40 a month is not worth the difference.
    WHAT? You wouldn't jump at the chance to own and drive a car that is fun and was only costing you $40 a month? To me, that is worth the difference BIG TIME!!!

Originally posted by InfamousDX
    I know.. he ran a 12.8 @ 110 or something. Not the greatest traction obviously. He might be a cool guy but I was gonna give him props for the nice run on the way back but he totally blew by me. From that ET and trap and the way he launched that night, I think he needs to work on the driving.
    Are you sure you ran Oliver? The first post you said silver rims and then you post a pic w/gunmetal rims. The only reason I ask is because Oliver (owner of the car that you posted a pic of) is a really nice guy and I can't see him being a d!ck. I could be wrong, but I have know him for over a year, but I never hung out with him.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.