Scared by a Probe

This is a discussion on Scared by a Probe within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So I'm driving back to work from lunch the other day and what should I see weaving in and out ...

Scared by a Probe

So I'm driving back to work from lunch the other day and what should I see weaving in and out of traffic behind me but the usual riced out probe, fart can, stickers, super tint, slammed, wheels, etc... he pulls up next to me slows down for a second and floors it... so I drop it to 3rd and put it down.. THEN THE SHOCKER.. I pull about 2 car lengths from about 50-90.. I was shocked.. I'm pretty sure it was turbo charged from the sound but I was surprised how well the thing moved and I guess just surprised that the car actually had some go in w/ the show.. in the end I wish I could have talked to the guy to see what he all had done.

My Car: 02 WRX TXS Stg 4 (VF34)

Other pointless race.. riced out cavalier.. pulls up next to me then revs a few times and cuts me off pulling into my lane at the next light (its red).. so the light turns green he floors it.. I wait for him to outrun the van in the center lane (yeah it takes a while (musta been turbo lag haha . ).. then I floor it go to the center lane, shift, go to the right lane, shift... find binoculars and look back for him... WAAY back
    Last edited by MustGoFast; 04-17-2004 at 01:58 PM.
    "Does this look like a Q to you?"
    <swivles hips>
    "How bout now?"

Giggidy Giggidy Giggidy!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice kills. You never know what the other person has until you race him though. You probably surprised him just as much, as I would bet he thought he was going to win. Way to put him in his place!

i'm still surprised probably more than him as its the first time i've ever seen a fast probe.. I think fast WRX's are a little more common.
    "Does this look like a Q to you?"
    <swivles hips>
    "How bout now?"

Giggidy Giggidy Giggidy!

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Funny avatar,haha
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red

Back a few years ago I had a 1989 Mazda MX-6 turbo 4WS....it was essentialy the same as a Ford Probe GT turbo. In stock form, they were 145 HP, 190 ftlbs trq....Then came the HKS upgrades...Fuel Computer, EBC, Turbo, Intercooler hoses, Intake...etc. The car was scary fast and suprised many, many a Mustang...I was able to light up the front wheels just under acceleration in 2 nd gear....Anyways, it was cheap to mod and lots of fun....still like my WRX better though.

Yes. I do agree that fast wrx's are far more common, but if he was able to almost keep up to your stage 4, then he could probably beet most wrx's (most people aren't stage 4).

He probably thought to himself going into the race that he was going to spank another wrx and show you up.

Well, I'm glad you won though and showed him what's up.