wrx (cobb stg1) vs s2k
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on wrx (cobb stg1) vs s2k within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; My accessport arrived yesterday afternoon! So I finished install around 12am and what better way to test this puppy out ...

wrx (cobb stg1) vs s2k

My accessport arrived yesterday afternoon!

So I finished install around 12am and what better way to test this puppy out than to do some freeway pulls w/ my brother's s2k. A little history on me and my bro... we haven't really raced too much in our cars but the few times we have, usually from a 30mph pull we're pretty even down low but he starts to walk me at the end of third.

So... I'm sure u'r all dying to hear the results. 1st run: we're pacing each other at 60mph and I do the 1-2-3 count... and we're off. I get the initial jump and pull about 3/4 of a car maybe a little more. He catches me at my 3-4 shift and slowly starts to pass. He probably had about a 3/4 car length on me at the end of 4th.

2nd run: He does the 1-2-3... he gets the jump about 1/2 car. I'm playing catch up but can't make up the difference. He wins by about a car or 1 1/2 lengths.

3rd run: He's following me on the freeway on ramp. I punch it but he wasn't quite ready so I put buslengths on him cuz of his slow reaction. And finally the last run... we pace each other at about 30mph. I'm in 2nd he's in 1st. I wasn't quite in boost so it took a second to hit so he had about a 1/4 length. I run out 2nd and pull about 3/4 car lengths and then he mis-shifts (probably on purpose when I took the lead =P).

Top end has improved quite a bit. It's still not crazy but what can you expect w/ a stock turbo? Oh and my only mod besides the accessport is a catback (stg 1) so stage 2 will be killer! The car pulls much much better to redline. Boost maxs at roughly 14psi a bump from 13psi that I was reading from my stock gauge. I'm very happy with the results. I do wish I could've beat my bro but all races were pretty damn close. It's a nice improvement from before where he'd literally start jogging away at the top of 3rd gear... now it's more like a slow crawl.

Thanks COBB... another happy customer to add to the long and growing list!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Get an upipe and TBE and you should have him.

No doubt about that. These races were all pretty close so once I go stage 2 it's over for him. I know if we went from a stop I'd murder him. He wouldn't have enough to catch up but when I was stock I'm sure he'd close the gap a lot better.

I wonder what 1/4 times Stage 1 gets you. Most people jump to Stage 2 right away before taking their car to the track.

Pretty surprising actually. My S2K with only intake will pull my Cobb Stage II WRX wagon by about the same if not more. The top end on these cars are just not comparable.

Jimbo
    2003 PSM Wagon - VF34; STi 565cc Injectors; ScoobySport turboback with Prodrive muffler; STi catless uppipe; Cobb AccessPort; Samco IC hoses; 17" Steel Gray Rota Attacks with Sumitomo HTR ZIIs; Prodrive springs, sedan rear sway

What are his mods?
    -2006 WRX Wagon-

You can pull the same on a stage 2 wrx? that's pretty impressive. I'm pretty sure that if I go stage 2 on my wrx I'd be the one pulling a car on my bro. My brother is completely stock... but I dont think the s2k responds that well to mods.

I wanted to get someone else to come along and video tape... I even charged the camera for this but it was pretty late so nobody was available. Maybe next time.

nice runs... thats cool how you kept up so well.

go get an uppipe and dp, then video tape the new races
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I just got my access port in my wagon and I'm getting about the same results as you. I'm going to the drags wed. to see if there's any improvement. I'm all stock and my best run last year was 14.70@92.55
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red

My txs stage 2 pulled my friends s2k by 1-2 cars from any roll. He had a cai and an exhaust. I was surprised but it was genuine. He now has a t3/t4 and I cant wait to go back home and run him again...Stage 2 and your in
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

Yea.. I can't wait to be stage 2. I'll be whoopin my bro until he decides if he wants the vortech supercharger... then I'll be in some trouble.

Don't forget that the TXS stage 2 is a lot more that the CObb stage 2. OSunds like a good couple of runs there. The s2k is a beastup top, but that is what they were made to be. they have a lot of Hp but no Tg. The motors in those are about as tunned you are going to get, that is how they get the power they have.
    Perrin short ram, Perrin Uppie, Perrin inlet hose, Perrin IC hoses, Cobb AP stage 2, MRT 3' turbo back, AMP boost controller @ 15.5psi, Freedom design front strut tower bar, Cuses Rear Strut tower Bar, KYB Adj Shocks, Eiback Springs, Perrin Rear sway bar, and links, 17' OZ Crono Evolution(17.5 lbs) W/ BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDW 2

S2k's rock. Too bad I don't have one. They are really awesome and to me they are the best cars. All I have to drive is my lowly STI. Muhahahahah

Race him from a dig and then post the results, Im curious to see the outcome. I have an upcoming race similar to this with my friends '04 s2k vs. my stock '02 from a stop so I would be interested to see how you fair.
    -Griffin

i find this hard to believe because s2ks trap around 100mph

a stg1 cobb prob only trap 95ish at best. The s2k should still pull you pretty damn hard.

at stage 2 it'll be about even.

Of course I'd need to race one to find out for sure
    04 WRX Black no options!
    Helix up/downpipe, HKS catback & Bov, autometer gauges and MRT shortshifter, Bronze Rota SDRs, UTEC, tein SS coilovers, HKS type1 turbo timer, 6000K HIDs, JDM spec C front/rear lips, 20% tint
    to be installed: Mines Spoiler

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast