wrx (cobb stg1) vs s2k - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on wrx (cobb stg1) vs s2k within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I'm also curious about the stage 1 93 octane map, and how much of a difference it would make over ...

I'm also curious about the stage 1 93 octane map, and how much of a difference it would make over the 91 octane map. I know COBB says it has 5 more hp but would that really make much of a difference? I don't think it would but am curious what others think.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

probably so, those things pull big time on top end. I love how once I launched decent that there was no time for him to catch up and he was behind me the whole time. But once I bogged or messed up he took me big time and just kept pulling with the S2000, they are some sweet rides but I love the WRX!!

I'd love to see how it is once I get my AP, COBB needs to start hireing some volunteers or bring there kids to work and make them start shipping these things out as fast as possible, I really want to experience Stage 2

SinCity

Have you race him with your stg II yet?
    07 RDX

04 STI: SOLD
    02 4eat Cobb Stg 2 WRX Wagon: Wife's

Originally posted by AsianWRX
    Have you race him with your stg II yet?
    Are you refering to me? I'm still stage1 at the moment. I've been eyeing the Helix up/downpipe but I just got a nice credit card bill that I have to pay off so it looks like I'm going to be waiting a little longer. I'm still enjoying stage1 so I'm content, but I know stage2 will be better.

I recall you having a matchup against your wife/gf w/ the s2k? Did you guys ever run?

Originally posted by 03WREX
    Are you refering to me? I'm still stage1 at the moment. I've been eyeing the Helix up/downpipe but I just got a nice credit card bill that I have to pay off so it looks like I'm going to be waiting a little longer. I'm still enjoying stage1 so I'm content, but I know stage2 will be better.

I recall you having a matchup against your wife/gf w/ the s2k? Did you guys ever run?
    We were supposed to have a run after seeing van helsing last weekend. But her sprint phone crapped out on her so we missed the movie with her AND the race

We're trying again this weekend with Troy and hopefully we'll get a run in afterwards. My Stg II pulls hard and still looks perfectly stock

I hope you get a stg II soon. Can't wait to hear the outcome of your car!

definitely post the results! I want to know if I'll have a problem w/ my bro's s2k. I really don't think I should but you never know.

Originally posted by keystah
    Yeah, the WRX stage II vs S2K would be pretty close I'd wager on a roll. Starting from 5mph-60 the WRX would easily have it. From a stop to 80 the wrx would have it. But on 60+ mph rolls it would be real close, the S2k still may win. And I can't rag on the S2k because it handles like a dream. But once again, take it on dirt or snow and the WRX has it again. All while having a good sized trunk and room for 4 adults.

Then again, a WRX is cheaper than an S2K. An STI may be a more fair comparison. And the STI is def. faster.

If you took a WRX ($25,000), Added Cobb Stage II + IC hoses ($2000), added coilovers, 17" wheels and tires ($3000). It would add up the the same price as the s2k, and would hang pretty well. Without losing any of its strengths. However, this is not a valid comparison. Because you could take say a $10,000 used DSM and for $5000 make it whoop all sorts of a$$ too...
    The dollar to dollar comparo is not in the WRX's favor.

I could get a SRT-4 for cheaper and run faster times. Hell, I could get a CRX and run much faster times for a lot cheaper. No offense, but I personally feel that the dollar argument is way played out. IF that had any bearing, then we all picked the wrong car. LOL..and as you pointed out, the DSM's own us all in that comparo
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

Originally posted by smokey
    The dollar to dollar comparo is not in the WRX's favor.

I could get a SRT-4 for cheaper and run faster times. Hell, I could get a CRX and run much faster times for a lot cheaper. No offense, but I personally feel that the dollar argument is way played out. IF that had any bearing, then we all picked the wrong car.
    Ya, that point has been pretty much beaten to death.

Ya, that point has been pretty much beaten to death.
    Thank you. IF people wouldn't keep bringing the dollar argument up, then people like me wouldn't have to bring the SRT-4 into the equation.

What's the problem anyway? SRT-4 to WRX owners is like the Supra to Cobra owners...some of you guys get all cranky.

Originally posted by smokey
    Thank you. IF people wouldn't keep bringing the dollar argument up, then people like me wouldn't have to bring the SRT-4 into the equation.

What's the problem anyway? SRT-4 to WRX owners is like the Supra to Cobra owners...some of you guys get all cranky.
    I'll take the supra over the cobra anyday of the week

I'll take the supra over the cobra anyday of the week
    As would I...but don't say that on a SVT board or you'll be banned

Uh, if you read what I was saying, I played off the dollar argument at the end. But at the same time I was showing what it would cost to get a WRX to match up with an S2000, since that is what this thread is about. My $25,000 wrx is faster than a $50,000 escalade. But that is pointless to compare.

I was just saying that's what it would take for a WRX to compete with an S2000 on the track.
    Former car: 2002 Cobb/Scoobysport stage 2 WRX sedan
    New ride: ???

Originally posted by keystah
    Uh, if you read what I was saying, I played off the dollar argument at the end. But at the same time I was showing what it would cost to get a WRX to match up with an S2000, since that is what this thread is about. My $25,000 wrx is faster than a $50,000 escalade. But that is pointless to compare.

I was just saying that's what it would take for a WRX to compete with an S2000 on the track.
    And if you would have read what I said, you would have noticed that I ended the post with "LOL..and as you pointed out, the DSM's own us all in that comparo." Hence, I too noticed that you had said the dollar to dollar comparo is played out.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123