300zx??? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on 300zx??? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Ive yet to see one on the road. Seems like they are extinct. Did they do limited production sort of ...

Ive yet to see one on the road. Seems like they are extinct. Did they do limited production sort of like the VR-4?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I dunno, pretty limited. This car was pretty expensive at the time to get a TT.
    -Andrew

expensive is why it went bye-bye in 96'. ive seen models run over 40g's. not worth it to me but def still one of the meanest looking cars out there. i was planning on getting one after this one guys smoked me. you can get them cheaper now where as the supras running upwards 25-35k. 7k-12k for the 300zx twin turbo model. high mileage but oh well

We can get them pretty cheap over here too, but they dont come without at least 100 000 hard driven kms. I would like to get one for a track car, but they have a bit too much pimp factor for a daily driver. Anyway, there's nothing like smoking a show n shine coupe in my WRX wagon.

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    I have yet to run into a fast one on the streets. I know they exist, I just havent seen any.

If this guy's got a huge brake kit, chances are he's got $$ to do other mods, too...so I'd imagine he could potentially be a good run for you!
    2003 SRT-4

Originally posted by StoplightWarrior
    =If this guy's got a huge brake kit, chances are he's got $$ to do other mods, too...
    exactly, i see brakes an i freak. we were sitting at a light once getting ready to run this mean looking ls1, and i notice his big ass rotors an calipers, i was like oh hell no! my friends all "what? brakes dont make you faster stupid." im like "dude, just watch then."
    so if you ever see an evo with a brake kit, that prolly means the stock brembos werent cuttin it for him....so thats when i roll down the window an say some B.S. like "sorry man, cant run i... need an oil change...plus im almost out of gas, and i've got wendys in my lap, but next time ok?" then i move cities.
    Last edited by POLAR; 04-15-2004 at 11:42 PM.

Big brakes? Cool, then some people might fear the sti bremboed legacy that's sitting in my garage.
    My twin turbo z brand new in late 90 was 35k out the door with tax. 14 years later it's worth about a quater as much. There are a lot of them out there where people have spent more in mods than what they paid iniatally for the car.
    I thought the oz ones were the 2.0 liter and not the 3.0 that we got?
    96 legacy that's Seriously confused

Originally posted by serious
    I thought the oz ones were the 2.0 liter and not the 3.0 that we got?
    Unless youre thinking of the 200SX (AKA the Nissan Sylvia) then nope. The 300ZX is a 3.0L V6 over here.
    I actually thought the 300 meant 3.0 and the 200 means 2.0, in the same way 180SX means 1.8 and so on.

Typically it does. That's why it kind of threw me off that the jdm z wasn't called the 200zx with the 2.0.

Always fond of the Z... here's the [Nissan's] 50th anniversary version.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, this was the first car I ever exceeded 100 mph in. We also got it airborne a few times. It had that unmistakeable turbo torque. Eventually the owner spun & wrecked it on a rainy day.

Def a car that gained my respect, sure it'd get lost in todays HP wars but it stood tall against American muscle back when I was in HS.

-tp

Said before, wicked cars...

I ran my friends 300ZX TT last night in a long Touge, and came out on top. His is only boosting at about 10psi, but should he crank it up to 14 or so, I would become a spot in his rear view mirror as opposed to the trunk inspection unit I was last night.

Pics for you all.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails touge.jpg  

his car above, my car below:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wrxsm.jpg  

I can't find anyone local to race me in my Z. Kinda sux as all the wrx's will go from a stop light, but not from a roll. I kinda know a guy with a sti, and i'm sure he'll race either way, it's just a matter of setting up the race.

most have said it already-

300zx is old, but it is still an absolutely crazy car- it rolls w/ supras. esp on the highway, you'd get blown away by one that's modified.

there is actually a 7-sec zx, trapping i think at 15x. granted, this is not your everyday car you bump into, but just an idea of how modded they can get.

out here in the northeast, i have yet to see a serious zx. out in CA, where i'm from, i wouldn't even bother messing w/ one. the ones that are modded are REALLY modded.

w/ its aftermarket history, odds are against me (again, esp on the highway; from the light, you'd have the edge, but not for long) that i'd stand a chance, even w/ 285whp under my belt.

have fun, and let us know what the results are!
    www.realultimatepower.net

yeah, sad to say you definitely wouldn't stand up against even the typical stage III with your 285 whp. Typical stage III runs 335 whp and believe me, can run rather well, 398-402 crank. If your car can clearly pull on an E46 M3 or a C5 vette, you might have a chance with a simple stage III 300zx. Yes, they're that fast. And if you can keep up with it to 60, stop there to save face. 2nd gear ends at 80-85 mph and no one considers the 300 fast until 3rd gear. Nissan just loves to make that third gear amazing. And if its a modded automatic Z, just say hi and compliment them or race to see how fast it can pull away from you.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.