SVT vs my VF22 WRX
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on SVT vs my VF22 WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; i normally wouldn't give in to racing an SVT Mustang. but tonight, this SVT won't budge. he keeps revving and ...

SVT vs my VF22 WRX

i normally wouldn't give in to racing an SVT Mustang. but tonight, this SVT won't budge. he keeps revving and teasing me while I was going home. well, adrenaline rush, didn't care if there were cops around, so I give in. i drop to third and we were cruising aroun 40mph - big mistake, I should have dropped to second gear. we punch and he pulled half to 1 car ahead of me right a away. I was waiting for the boost to come in. and as soon as full boost hits, I was little by little catching up 'till he gave up! I was like, why did that sucker gave up when I was catching up?

well, anyway, we did it again and the next one was the same, this time I dropped to 2nd gear. we were dead even accelerating. then he gave up again.

one thing I noticed though, those instant power from that SVT was amazing.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

which year SVT was it?
    02 WRX Wagon Silver SOLD
    03 Cobra Satin Silver, twin screwed, cammed, ported, nasty

maybe 2004 or 2003 - it looks really new.

List your Mods. A 03 or 04 are beast from rolls. I have a 03 and I pulled 4 cars on my friends stage 4 WRX. On a private road not the street. Good Job anyways.
    Last edited by Drod; 04-15-2004 at 07:33 AM.

Im not a mustang buff but when you say SVT are you talking the 03 Cobra? Or does ford sell a GT SVT???

If its the Cobra your talking about we gonna need to see the mods for sure.

Probably just the generation before, unless he was just playing with you. No need for the Cobra owners to get defensive and all, but you would be hard pressed to keep up with the new Cobra from a roll.

Also, anyone can glue an SVT badge to their car.
    -Andrew

So many mustangs out there i just throw my arms up and say ***** it.

You got:

V6
    GT
    Cobra
    Saleen
    Mach1
    GT-R?
    And im sure there is more.....

All i know about Mustangs is V6 are slow.

94-98 GT's are slow.

99-02 GT's are 14's stock.

03 Cobras are sick.

seems like an SVT cobra to me.

did you read my first post? i know they've huge supercharged V8s so I DO NOT mess with the SVTs. the regular GTs and V6, I blow them all the time.

I didn't say I beat the guy, did I? that car was very quick!!! u can't declare a winner here. he gave up even before we hit 70mph, twice. don't start a race then chicken out in the middle of it. a quick 3 second burst is not a race.

i was just simply stating that SVTs are hellafast!

I could definately see you running dead even with him from 2nd gear up to 90mp or so, but It would be hard to reel in an 03 Cobra from 3rd gear or higher.

I ran dead even from a 1st gear roll up to about 80mph with a stockish 03 Cobra. He didn't pull on me an inch. This was in my STi with just exhaust.

I also raced a modded 03 Cobra that traps 116mph and he pulled away from by me big time at about 90mph.
    But in the 40-80 mph range , he didn't pull on me at all. So they really don't get going until about 90mph.

i just don't like it when these guys (mustang guys for this matter) gets so defensive - specially that I didn't say anything that put down their ego. sheesh!

the 03 cobra is'nt unbeatable! unless of course you add pulley! then there hard to beat. what do they trap at? around 108-110mph? vf22 stage 4 should trap around that as well, cause some vf30's have trapped 110mph before and the 22 is bigger turbo

i'm only boosting at 16 psi at the moment. this weekend, we're tunning the car for 18 psi. we're working on an alky injection kit.

Just FYI...and I'm not doing this to be the devil's advocate or to start a fight, just throwing this out there.

The 2001 SVT Cobra's look almost identical to the 2003 and they have 320hp I believe - they are N/A I think. Anyway, I think they are really quick from a roll as well, so you "might" have run across one of those as well.

I don't know though. Just wanted to point that out as a possibility. REgardless, good run.
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    Originally posted by axion7606
    the 03 cobra is'nt unbeatable! unless of course you add pulley! then there hard to beat. what do they trap at? around 108-110mph? vf22 stage 4 should trap around that as well, cause some vf30's have trapped 110mph before and the 22 is bigger turbo
    umm...no offense to WRX owners, but unless you're talking about from a dead stop racing, the 03 cobra IS untouchable, even stock for 99.9% of you. They make 360+rwhp bone stock. It's gonna be damn hard for a WRX to get up near that, but I know it's possible...there just arent many out there doing it.
    2003 SRT-4

Try 112 MPH for my stock 03. I also have a 02 WRX and understand the potential especially with upgrades. When my Cobra was stock I took my friend with a stage 4 by 4 cars to 100 mph from a 30 MPH roll. It was close from 30 to about 75 MPH then I started to pull.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast