SVT vs my VF22 WRX - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on SVT vs my VF22 WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; SL55 AMGs have around 450 hp from factory. i'm not sure how much power they have to the ground, but ...

SL55 AMGs have around 450 hp from factory. i'm not sure how much power they have to the ground, but I would bet my money on the AMG. My boss has one and I don't think that Cobra will even come close, UNLESS it's heavily modded. even then, mod for mod, I'd still stick with the AMG.

Originally posted by J-H
    I don't mean to be rude Drod, but I have seen these videos and I was just wondering how much more HP can a Kenny Bell SC add to a Cobra? I honestly have no idea.

Those 55 AMG' are plain sick. Could a Kenny Bell SC'ed Cobra keep up with one on the highway, say waay up top...110-150mph. The Benz is geared for that and the highway is its turf. Not that it can'r rip 0-60 runs in the low 4s...

If stock Cobras are putting down 360whp and the AMG' put down 430, I think that this SC should be able to top that...Am I right? (not considering weight of car)

JH

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Cobras with the Basic pulleys, exhaust, intake and dyno tuned chip pull about 450 to 477 RWHP. A Kenny Bell SC Cobra can gain more than 250 RWHP. See link to KB SC bellow.

http://www.kennebell.net/supercharge...03/cobra03.htm

that's pretty sick!!!
    Originally posted by Drod
    Cobras with the Basic pulleys, exhaust, intake and dyno tuned chip pull about 450 to 477 RWHP. A Kenny Bell SC Cobra can gain more than 250 RWHP. See link to KB SC bellow.

http://www.kennebell.net/supercharge...03/cobra03.htm

Go to the bottom of the page and you will see a link for the 2.4 L SC over 400 HP gain.

J-H
    I have seen dyno sheets of an E55 AMG put down 430whp (stock).

I guess Kenne Bell is the S***. Thanks for the info Drod.

BTW, the video that I have seen is of a 03 Cobra putting down 452rwhp against a 55 AMG (bone stock). The Cobra gets walked pretty bad. I don't know what to think. My guess is that a Kenne Bell will solve pretty much anybody' HP problems...awesome stuff....

Is there a japanese counterpart for the Kenne Bell I would get one of those...

JH

60 AMG is coming out soon. that's according to my boos. he's only have around 1200 miles on the 55 AMG and he's gonna sell it so he can get the 60 AMG - if i'm not mistaken, it's going to be over 500hp stock.

did it have a raised spoiler or was it a trunk lip? The 03's+ have a lip haning off the trunk instead of a spoiler on a perch as the gt's and pre-03 cobra's had. This is how I tell from a distance.
    Last edited by el~sharko; 04-17-2004 at 10:17 AM.

The SL55, E55, S55 are trapping from 113 to 116mph in the 1/4 in stock form.

The newer Cobras(03'-04') trap 120+mph with bolt-ons alone(intake/exhaust/pulley/chip). That will easily beat a stock 55 on the highway and that's not even "heavily" modded. Chipped 55's are SICK though .

I'm selling both of my cars and thinking of buying an 04' Cobra .
    Last edited by Shaitiger; 04-16-2004 at 03:43 PM.

Originally posted by Shaitiger

I'm selling both of my cars and thinking of buying an 04' Cobra . [/B]
    I have been thinking about the samething too, but chicago winter,,,,sigh!!!
    my car is slow,,,,,, very slow.

Originally posted by slin02
    I have been thinking about the samething too, but chicago winter,,,,sigh!!!
    Hey, I hear excellent snow tires do wonders!!!!

Originally posted by Shaitiger
    Hey, I hear excellent snow tires do wonders!!!!

I would love to see an 03 Cobra run during a snow storm, rain, dust, wind,........
    Bleeding true blue.

"That gasp you just heard was National League hitters after hearing that Mark Prior has added a couple extra MPH to his fastball this winter."

-Will Carroll-

03 Blue rex - Sold
    04 Black Forester XT - Nice

that's why no matter what, i still like my rex more than any other car/truck i've driven, test driven. i like the handling, a lot, specially when it's raining

Originally posted by 03 blue rex
    I would love to see an 03 Cobra run during a snow storm, rain, dust, wind,........

hey 03wrx, i'd like to see how it would have been if you had it tuned at 18 psi instead of 16. you probably would have pulled him then. 2psi is a huge difference.

i'd like to tune it to 18 psi and we'll start from a dig. i'm not sure what they're running stock on a 1/4 mi. i'm sure their trap speed is a lot higher though.

Originally posted by rickyh
    hey 03wrx, i'd like to see how it would have been if you had it tuned at 18 psi instead of 16. you probably would have pulled him then. 2psi is a huge difference.

I ran a 12.6 at 112 MPH in my stock 03. I had the Air box removed and a K&N filter. My brother has modified it in the last two months. Look at options c, d and e. He whant to put a Kenny Bell Super Charger Version 2.4L.

http://www.rpmoutlet.com/03cobra.htm

His g tech measured a 11.4 124 1/4.
    Last edited by Drod; 04-22-2004 at 08:59 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.