SVT vs my VF22 WRX - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on SVT vs my VF22 WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; well i guess its time sell the wrx and get me a 03 cobra...

well i guess its time sell the wrx and get me a 03 cobra

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I belive that he stayed with the 03 for some time. He never stated that he beat the guy. I bet that a stage 4 with a G 18 or 20 turbo might pull on the 03 to 100 MPH. I belive that ALL8UP's setup will destroy a 03 Cobra from a roll.

Wanna beat a cobra, buy an e55 amg. I love those videos.
    -Andrew

True, but stick a kenny Bell SC in a Cobra and the AMG is toast. With time and $$ anyting can be made to go fast. Hell, a modified SRT 4 can beat a COBRA with enogh money sunk in to it.

Thats why I don't play the "well with so much money or for the differnce in price you could..."

1. if you could afford the differnce in price you probably would have gotten the better car.

2. The argument is mute because in the end that makes an old trashed out bug or any old light car you can squeeze a 350 one of the best cars EVAH!

But in the end it is just the quarter mile, and there is more to racing then that.
    -Andrew

Yes, like a fast car that will last over 100,000 miles. Start modifing cars to make them fast, and their life cycle drops.

i'd say, play it fair, drop four cylnder from that V8 cobra mod it 'till you're blue in the face, and get a WRX mod it 'till the owner is blue in the face, then we'll see.

Originally posted by GotWRX03
    i'd say, play it fair, drop four cylnder from that V8 cobra mod it 'till you're blue in the face, and get a WRX mod it 'till the owner is blue in the face, then we'll see.
    I say run them with whatever setup they have at the time. TV shows do car + set mod budget vs. car + set mod budget. Real life doesn't work that way. You run it in whatever condition you have it, if you're willing to run. If the guy next to you has more in his car, too bad.

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

hmm....2.0 4 cylinder turbo vs....4.6 supercharged V8......a wrx that even gives a svt a fight is impressive.

Mustang owners should give some respect. Cut their displacement in half and then some and see if they can keep up. I doubt it
    05 Crystal Gray STi
    304 hp 353 lbs on 92 octane ------> Mustang Dyno
    12.6 @ 109.2 > new numbers coming soon.

Yah but in the quarter mile there is less room to make mistakes. Take it to a track and you have more oppertunities to let your skill as a driver and the overall quality of your car shine.
    -Andrew

nah, that wasnt an 03. he would have heard the crazy blender whine from the supercharger, and the stang would have completely demolished him right or wrong gear. They trap very high...
    Last edited by MidnightFLAT4; 04-15-2004 at 04:23 PM.
    03 MBP WRX Sedan
    STi RA gearset October 4th,STi Trans Mount
    Cobb AccessECU STG II 16.4psi. Bosal DP, Catless OEM UP, 205/55 ZR16 Futura Ultra Z's.

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    this thread is just getting stupid now
    2003 SRT-4

yeh svt's should drop like 6 cylinders and then rexes should drop 2. then it will be all even, then we can turbo and supercharge the crapz out of 2 cyl enginez, but rexes will always lose cuz of the small spare tire

this thread has gotten really weird and funny my bad.

J-H
    Originally posted by Drod
    True, but stick a kenny Bell SC in a Cobra and the AMG is toast. With time and $$ anyting can be made to go fast. Hell, a modified SRT 4 can beat a COBRA with enogh money sunk in to it.
    I don't mean to be rude Drod, but I have seen these videos and I was just wondering how much more HP can a Kenny Bell SC add to a Cobra? I honestly have no idea.

Those 55 AMG' are plain sick. Could a Kenny Bell SC'ed Cobra keep up with one on the highway, say waay up top...110-150mph. The Benz is geared for that and the highway is its turf. Not that it can'r rip 0-60 runs in the low 4s...

If stock Cobras are putting down 360whp and the AMG' put down 430, I think that this SC should be able to top that...Am I right? (not considering weight of car)

JH

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast