Beat by a riced out probe?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Beat by a riced out probe? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; While merging onto I65, a blue probe was tailgating me, I moved into the right lane, and he sweeped all ...

Beat by a riced out probe?

While merging onto I65, a blue probe was tailgating me, I moved into the right lane, and he sweeped all the way to the left lane. I was in third at about 40mph when he flew by. I had my defrost on because i couldnt see, and he walked right by.

I guess the economy 91 map is a bit weaker than a stock wrx.

I got up next to him, and he downshifted waiting for me to go... I rolled down my window, and signaled to hold on. I went from the 11psi peak econo mode, to the stageI 93, put my accessport away and began slowing down to about 50. He matched my speed, and i called on second gear. 3 honks later the beating began, and by the time I hit 90 and backed off. i had pulled about 4 cars on him, and allowed the ricer flyby in hopes that he might recieve a ticket to go with his beating.

I just hate tailgating... cant handle it.
    03 MBP WRX Sedan
    STi RA gearset October 4th,STi Trans Mount
    Cobb AccessECU STG II 16.4psi. Bosal DP, Catless OEM UP, 205/55 ZR16 Futura Ultra Z's.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: Beat by a riced out probe?

Originally posted by MidnightFLAT4

I just hate tailgating... cant handle it.
    Yeah, its one thing to pull up on someone within reasonable distance and backoff, but tailgating is annoying. Especially when there is traffic and you cant go anywhere. Good kill.

I'm surprised there is that much difference between your maps. I guess you get good mileage.
    2002 WRX Sedan-Silver
    Turbo XS UTEC Stage IV (VF34)+TMIC, STI RA gears, Exedy clutch/flywheel

i hate tailgaters also

in my little ford ranger when people tailgate me on my towns 30 MPH road, i slow down to 20 for a little bit, drop it into 2nd and gun it up to 40. its funny cus the whole truck lurches, and its kinda ricey, but its fun

I Support ClubWRX
    Some of the old 2.3 T probes are pretty fun with that being said...I'm glad you smacked him around. I hate people who tail gate...the only thing worst then that is say your behind a slow car...but you keep your distance...and the guy behind you tail gates you because you wont tailgate the person in front of you. I hate that and I slow down to nothing to make them mad and get the point across. I only tailgate when someone pulls right out in front of me...then I either pass them or back off once the point is made. People need to learn to drive...if you plan on pulling out..and the car your pulling out in front of has to so much as tap the brakes... you shouldnt have went in front of them. I hate it.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

yea i saw peaks of 11psi with the economap.
    I got close to 35mpg compared to about 25 with the 15.4psi 93 map.

I cruise at 70-80mpg
    03 MBP WRX Sedan
    Cobb AccessECU STG II 16.4psi. Bosal DP, Catless OEM UP, 205/55 ZR16 Futura Ultra Z's.

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    they usually tailgate you because they want to race you
    2003 SRT-4

i realize he wanted to race me, but in the event of an obstacle in my lane, tailgaters can and do rearend people. regardless of reason.

thats why i keep my washer tank full to the brim...
    03 MBP WRX Sedan

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX

Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

so there is no problem switching from econo to stage 1 at normal speeds?
    2009 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L Belize Blue Pearl

2000 Yamaha R6
    10.123 At 131.9mph (Dyno Drags)
    111.1hp@wheel

2002 Aspen White 5MT WRX - Sold

switching can be done on the fly. takes like 5-6 seconds.
    03 MBP WRX Sedan

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    i realize he wanted to race me, but in the event of an obstacle in my lane, tailgaters can and do rearend people. regardless of reason.

so you're justifying racing on the streets by saying its the way to teach tailgaters??

I'm not really trying to hassle you, just have to point out hypocrisy wherever it may be.
    2003 SRT-4

sht
    you can switch maps on the fly with accessport???
    does that count as a total reflash?? and i heard if that is a reflash you should only do it about 100 times before you can mess up the ecu. is that also true???
    thanks
    wrx 04 black

workin for the man

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    switching can be done on the fly. takes like 5-6 seconds.
    Man, I can't wait to get mine. It will be here on the 15th.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

Originally posted by sht
    you can switch maps on the fly with accessport???
    does that count as a total reflash?? and i heard if that is a reflash you should only do it about 100 times before you can mess up the ecu. is that also true???
    thanks
    No its not a reflash. It is a realtime map

Base Map - Refers to any map that is flashed into the ECU.
    Real Time - Refers to a Real Time switching map that can be used without flashing the ECU

It is possible to store both a Real Time and Base version of the same map on the AccessPORT at the same time. The Base will be used to flash the ECU. The Real Time version can be used to switch back in the event you've selected another Real Time map.
    Copyright, Cobb, 2004
    2009 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L Belize Blue Pearl

2000 Yamaha R6
    10.123 At 131.9mph (Dyno Drags)
    111.1hp@wheel

2002 Aspen White 5MT WRX - Sold

Originally posted by StoplightWarrior
    so you're justifying racing on the streets by saying its the way to teach tailgaters??
    stoplight, im sure wed all feel more comfortable without a beater glued to our ass, versus the other lane. And as i pointed out earlier i shut it down before 90mph. and you cant tell me that with your LS1 you do the same, racing 911 turbo's and e36 m3's.

I almost never run people from a roll, as the wrx isnt a heavyweight in this type of racing. but i must say, i never tailgate because i cruise with some motorcycle riders, who all value RESPECTFUL DISTANCE. when you tailgate a bike, you threaten lives. You could be changing the radio station one minute, and running over a biker the next.

This reasoning along with sturdy wrx brakes have kept me out of trouble along with a few riders.

anways... i more or less wanted to see if the probe was fast enough to take a stage 1 wrx. it was really not fair compared to the econo map.
    03 MBP WRX Sedan

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.