Beat by a riced out probe? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Beat by a riced out probe? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; nice run with the probe. My 2cents on the whole tailgate debate. I do it and I know I shouldn't. ...

nice run with the probe.

My 2cents on the whole tailgate debate. I do it and I know I shouldn't. And I'm trying not to do it at all. But it's should be use to move people out of the left lane (passing lane) when on the highway. I think that it should be the 1st question when you go for your driver license..."do you know what the left lane is call?". If you don't then they shouldn't allow you to drive. I hate it when there are cars that think they're going fast enough and stay at 70mph on the left lane...wow 10 or 5 mph over the limit. I mean the autobahn has the same rule...always stay on the right when driving, and only use the left to pass. In their case, it's even more important, because it doesn't mater if you're cruising in a 100mph on the left lane, another car can be coming up doing 150+mph and need to pass your ass.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

sht
    Originally posted by adam3482p
    No its not a reflash. It is a realtime map

Base Map - Refers to any map that is flashed into the ECU.
    Real Time - Refers to a Real Time switching map that can be used without flashing the ECU

It is possible to store both a Real Time and Base version of the same map on the AccessPORT at the same time. The Base will be used to flash the ECU. The Real Time version can be used to switch back in the event you've selected another Real Time map.
    Copyright, Cobb, 2004
    o sh!t i want
    wrx 04 black

workin for the man

Originally posted by fourstardrift
    nice run with the probe.

My 2cents on the whole tailgate debate. I do it and I know I shouldn't. And I'm trying not to do it at all. But it's should be use to move people out of the left lane (passing lane) when on the highway. I think that it should be the 1st question when you go for your driver license..."do you know what the left lane is call?". If you don't then they shouldn't allow you to drive. I hate it when there are cars that think they're going fast enough and stay at 70mph on the left lane...wow 10 or 5 mph over the limit. I mean the autobahn has the same rule...always stay on the right when driving, and only use the left to pass. In their case, it's even more important, because it doesn't mater if you're cruising in a 100mph on the left lane, another car can be coming up doing 150+mph and need to pass your ass.
    I've been guilty of tailgating too, but I only do it if they did it to me first or they cut me off. I figure, you dish it, you could receive it or you put yourself in that position, you can get out of it. It also doesn't help if they are on their cell phone when they cut me off. That's what I hate the most. I always pull over when I make a call, why can't they?

Good kill on the probe by the way. One more month for AP.

Originally posted by fourstardrift
    But it's should be use to move people out of the left lane (passing lane) when on the highway.
    IMO tailgating is dangerous no matter what the cause of it. It can lead to accidents very easily so it's not worth it in the long run just because someone is slow.

Believe me, a slow driver in the left lane is perhaps one of my biggest pet peeves, but I still never tailgate.

If I'm coming up on a slow driver in the left I flash my brights at them. I'd say 75% of the time it works.

ACCESSPORT MYTHS:

You CAN'T switch between all the Realtime Maps while driving with your AccessPORT. I'm sure you probably were able to switch between the Economy 91 Octane map and the Stage 1/93 Octane map with no problems, but try switching to either of the "AntiTheft" maps and your car will die. I've not done this while moving, but I did do it while idling one time. My car died in its parking spot and I was sure I trashed my ECU.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't switch Realtime Maps while driving...

2002 WRX Mods:
    AP Stage2/93, ScoobySport Up, Dp, & Muffler, SS AutoChrome TMIC, Hawker PC680T Battery, Injen CAI, ACT Stage2 Clutch, Gruppe-S 13.8lb Flywheel, Mobil1 and Redline oil, NGK BKR7EIX plugs, Goodridge SS Lines, Motul RBF600, Hawk HPS pads, 35% 3M tint, Koji Headlight Mod, SilverStar Bulbs, Blaupunkt MP3000 headunit, Infinity BassLink Sub, Kenwood KFC-1689ie speakers (6.5"F / 5.25"R), Rota Downshift (Black), Yokohama AVS ES100 (225/45/17)

Originally posted by tubbytreats
    ACCESSPORT MYTHS:

You CAN'T switch between all the Realtime Maps while driving with your AccessPORT. I'm sure you probably were able to switch between the Economy 91 Octane map and the Stage 1/93 Octane map with no problems, but try switching to either of the "AntiTheft" maps and your car will die. I've not done this while moving, but I did do it while idling one time. My car died in its parking spot and I was sure I trashed my ECU.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't switch Realtime Maps while driving...
    Well I sure wasnt planning of switching to antitheft maps while driving.
    2009 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L Belize Blue Pearl

2000 Yamaha R6
    10.123 At 131.9mph (Dyno Drags)
    111.1hp@wheel

2002 Aspen White 5MT WRX - Sold

I know that, but the potential for accidents does exist. It's awefully hard to scroll down through the map listing quickly. There seems to be a time delay so that if I push the down arrow 8 times, I NEVER end up on Map #8, I might be on #4 or something.

If you aren't paying attention to the screen (and I'm assuming it's hard to do this WHILE driving), you might end up switching to the AntiTheft maps while moving on the highway. That could cause a serious accident, and my advice was in prevention of that kind of incident.

Take it or leave it.

2002 WRX Mods:
    AP Stage2/93, ScoobySport Up, Dp, & Muffler, SS AutoChrome TMIC, Hawker PC680T Battery, Injen CAI, ACT Stage2 Clutch, Gruppe-S 13.8lb Flywheel, Mobil1 and Redline oil, NGK BKR7EIX plugs, Goodridge SS Lines, Motul RBF600, Hawk HPS pads, 35% 3M tint, Koji Headlight Mod, SilverStar Bulbs, Blaupunkt MP3000 headunit, Infinity BassLink Sub, Kenwood KFC-1689ie speakers (6.5"F / 5.25"R), Rota Downshift (Black), Yokohama AVS ES100 (225/45/17)

Yeah that would suck pretty bad. Godd advic3.

2000 Yamaha R6
    111.1hp@wheel

I like to indulge tailgaters by taking my foot off the gas. Typically, I slow down to a speed where the distance they are maintaing would be safe. Drives them insane...

Originally posted by CannonBaller
    I like to indulge tailgaters by taking my foot off the gas. Typically, I slow down to a speed where the distance they are maintaing would be safe. Drives them insane...
    I do the same if I am not in the fast lane. If I see a faster car in the fast lane, I get out of the way. If I'm already doing over the limit and I am not in the fast lane, they just need to grab the open lane. With that said, if they could actually teach this in driver's ed and make people aware of this during testing, there would be less problems.

Sorry for the hijack Midknight. By the way, did I say nice kill.
    Last edited by driverj; 04-14-2004 at 12:32 PM.

A wonderful method to piss off a hot roddy is to get next to a semi and match speeds with the semi. Then, after a little while, depending on speed get in third or so, floor it to the next semi, and repeat. I did this to a white Impala for over 70 miles on 196 in Michigan b/c he had no chance of passing me before I got to the next truck. Eventually He thought he got the third lane when the highway expanded. Turned out to be an exit ramp. About two minutes later I could see a white car coming up fast in my rearview mirror. Needless to say, all I did was repeat my previous actions. No matter what, tailgating is stupid. To be safe you could merely give a TWO second follow. And if the guy is slow, deal with it, flash your lights or something. If you be a ****, people like me just wanna be worse, and it usually works

Originally posted by stevebennett
    About two minutes later I could see a white car coming up fast in my rearview mirror. Needless to say, all I did was repeat my previous actions.
    i don't wanna call you names but if you saw that second car coming at you at greater speeds couldn't you just get out of the way??? Instead you just became one of these stupid uneducated so called "drivers" that traffic would be much happier without!!! If someone is tailgating you in the left lane GET THE HELL OUT OF THE WAY! Untill people learn that, we will have to deal with morons who think they can drive.
    Last edited by rallymaniac; 04-14-2004 at 07:33 PM.
    Straights are for fast cars...
    Turns are for fast drivers...
    Colin McRae

My PHOTOGRAPHY

When someone is tailgaiting you, slow down to around 40mph or so, then drop it into 2nd and watch them struggle to keep up. Works REALLY well on a highway onramp, when you pretty much leave them at the end of the onramp with no room to accelerate
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

Originally posted by MidnightFLAT4
    I cruise at 70-80mpg
    80mpg? I want that map!

-snowcat
    <---- my cat doing a hawkeye impersonation!

Originally posted by snowcat
    80mpg? I want that map!

-snowcat
    hahaha

2000 Yamaha R6
    111.1hp@wheel

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast