STI vs. Mustang GT
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on STI vs. Mustang GT within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Yeah, I know it was uneven, but I didn't start it... I am headed east on a four lane rd ...

STI vs. Mustang GT

Yeah, I know it was uneven, but I didn't start it...

I am headed east on a four lane rd at about ten last night. Turning on my road in the direction I'm headed is a mustang GT.

Silver, tinted windows, body kit, louder exhaust. He come flying around the corner, obviously speeding...deduce what you want from that. By the time my light turns, he is a half a mile ahead.

To my surprise, he gets caught by the light. I don't know if he saw me when he made the turn, but he definatly did when I lined up next to him.

It was too perfect, nobody on the road, long dead straightaway ahead. I knew it was unevenly matched, but when he started inching forward and revving, I knew he was game.

I didn't do anything until the opposing light turned yellow, then I inched forward and revved back. When it turned red, we both started revving as we waited for the light to turn green.

It was my best launch ever, both in the STI or the old WRX, on the street or on the track. I hit it perfect and by the time the inital launch was done, he was several car lengths back. I shut her down by third because it was no contest.

I followed him a little, he wasn't speeding anymore. lol

Just like I like to stay "picking on little kids makes me feel like a big man" (joking of course), so does picking on slow cars.

"Another one gets educated" -Jason
    Former 03wrx, 04sti, 05sti, current 06civic
    "Teacher POWah"
    Team Mullet Racing
    BrianH is my biotch

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

nice kill

Good kill. Don't you just love educating some car owners. I love it when Stangs come up next to me when I'm crusing in the STi. So far they have pick everyone too.

Nice kill. I wish I had the power to beat a stang.

Mustang owners think that we own everyone on the road, the V8 just goes straight to our heads, and the modded Stangs usually do! I've learned this, Thankfully I was a stock Stang who knew I was not fast in teh 5.0! The Cobra can play with the STi, but the GT needs to pack up its toys call his Big brother the Cobra and go home
    Last edited by Rella; 04-20-2004 at 01:01 AM.
    "Real Chicks Drive Sticks"
    How do you spell love? F-O-R-D <3
    Wanna feel fast? Drive a Ferarri 360 Modena =) Rawr!!!

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    Kinda cocky there...Mustangs can be very fast...Good kill, but remember how easily you can taste defeat at their hands.
    2003 SRT-4

Originally posted by StoplightWarrior
    Kinda cocky there...Mustangs can be very fast...Good kill, but remember how easily you can taste defeat at their hands.
    Well wait till a Cobra comes to play with you, or a SCed Roush or Saleen or a beefed up GT! Look out!

BTW Mystic Cobra? NIIIIICE *Drool*
    Last edited by Rella; 04-20-2004 at 12:59 AM.

What is a mystic cobra?
    Mods

Armed with a rotated Precision 6265 turbo at 35psi and a built 2.5 liter.

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    Originally posted by ilivas
    What is a mystic cobra?
    It's a special production SVT cobra from 1996. They made 1900 of them. It has a special paint that changes colors as you look at it. It's crazy to see in person. Here are a couple pics that don't do it justice, but you can get the idea:

Both cars:

2003 SRT-4

Originally posted by StoplightWarrior
    It's a special production SVT cobra from 1996. They made 1900 of them. It has a special paint that changes colors as you look at it. It's crazy to see in person. Here are a couple pics that don't do it justice, but you can get the idea:

Both cars:

Very beautiful cars, I thought they made 1,999 Mystic's in 96? Those are the productions #'s I have.

You have a Camaro and a Mustang?

The 04 Mystic Chrome Cobra is nice looking too

In Ray's house while he's jacking it in his car.
    Originally posted by Rella

You have a Camaro and a Mustang?

He used to have only Mustangs but he decided he wanted something fast.

That's cool. I've never seen one in person. It must hold it's value fairly well.
    Mods

Armed with a rotated Precision 6265 turbo at 35psi and a built 2.5 liter.

Yeah, I think I saw one of those. Unless the guy painted it with that dupont chameleon paint. Nice anyways.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.