I am being challenged! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on I am being challenged! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; DR's make a difference. Sorry about the loss....

DR's make a difference. Sorry about the loss.
    Mods

Armed with a rotated Precision 6265 turbo at 35psi and a built 2.5 liter.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by slin02
    so I have returned.
    We went out to a very low traffic area for low speed run, and then went on the highway for highspeed run.

Run 1: from the stop.
    4k launch, perfect, hooked offline and took him by 2 car, by the end of the first gear he pulled even, by the end of second gear. It was all over. He was pulling way to hard for me to try.
    Run 2: from 20mph.
    It was about the same as the first run. Only he pulled even harder.
    Run3: highway run 50mph up
    Nothing to see here, he walked me. By top of 3rd. I gave up, he had me by 2 car lengths.
    Run4: Highway run 70mph up
    Here is the odd one, I called it the sympathy race, but he said he was trying 100%. He didn't destroyed me, matter of fact, I started to creep up by triple digit.

well, I know street racing is bad, but it is a boss302, Please don't flame me for trying.

He was running on drag radial ( if that makes any difference at all )
    It is a fast car, i wouldnt be discouraged at all. dollar for dollar you cant really compete with old school muscle unless you have a supra or something.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

The only competitors for American muscle is Japanese muscle like the supra and skyline.

You still did pretty good for a 2 liter verses a 7 liter.
    Mods

so I have returned.
    We went out to a very low traffic area for low speed run, and then went on the highway for highspeed run.

4k launch, perfect, hooked offline and took him by 2 car, by the end of the first gear he pulled even, by the end of second gear. It was all over. He was pulling way to hard for me to try.
    Nothing to see here, he walked me. By top of 3rd. I gave up, he had me by 2 car lengths.
    Here is the odd one, I called it the sympathy race, but he said he was trying 100%. He didn't destroyed me, matter of fact, I started to creep up by triple digit.

well, I know street racing is bad, but it is a boss302, Please don't flame me for trying.

the reason why you pulled on him past 100 is probably because he only has 4 gears and your have 5 so your top speed is reached quicker.
    1967 Camaro
    2002 WRX SOLD

Maybe im way in left field, but what if its one of those gh3y cars that is fully resored to stock, including the tiny intake and everything.

No one disputes they can be made fast, but alot of that old junk was quite slow stock.

good loss. i hear you on the "odd" one. when at the track, my buddy in his modded LS1 TA walked me like i was standing still by the end of the 1/4. HOWEVER, on the ride home from the track, there was this lightning trying to play along with us...and i walked the TA hard from 70+. the only difference was that he closed his cutouts when he left the track.

the only thing i can think of that made the difference was that maybe my car was severely heatsoaked and on the highway was pulling because it had a cold intercooler. just my guess...

so I have returned.

'04 PSM STi - modded (sr50+the works)
    '05 JGM RSX Type-S - stock

My car always feels so much faster after leaving the highway.
    Mods

I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah the old muscle cars are overrated in many cases. Even a "hot" hemi or big block chevelle in stock form was only good for high 13's...heck a SRT-4 would run right beside him. But toss in a stroked, 2 4 bbls, heads, intake, HUGE cam and the races are crazy. The old cars would have to be torn down at around 50,000 miles and have the top end re done. Most people would flip if there Evo had to have a top end re build at 50,000 miles. Oh well I guess right, when I said at around 100 you'd start pulling on him. The reason for that is simple...he only has four gears and the rear gears are real high meaning he'll hit his peak power band real quick. And once you hit 100 they almost start to stand still (I've been in many street rods that have the same problem) Oh well good race.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Originally posted by 302@12psi
    Yeah the old muscle cars are overrated in many cases. Even a "hot" hemi or big block chevelle in stock form was only good for high 13's...heck a SRT-4 would run right beside him.
    Don't forget that those times are times for the day - - meaning they were running on 60's/70's street tires. Heck, back then running 14" 70 series tires was considered a "hot" set-up for street use. When the cars were tested with wrinkle walls the times dropped considerably, even in stock form.

Almost as important as tires, big blocks could be pretty easily modified; headers and a dual quad intake were an afternoon job even for the most incompetent mechanic.

He might be running really high gears
    He'll own on the track, but highway speeds he'll suffer.
    Your signature sucks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12