Celica GT-S VS 1994 GT mustang
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on Celica GT-S VS 1994 GT mustang within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; This guy is asking my friend to race him. The guy has a Mustang GT 94 and my friend has ...

Celica GT-S VS 1994 GT mustang

This guy is asking my friend to race him. The guy has a Mustang GT 94 and my friend has a Celica GT-S. Both supposedly stock except the mustang won't say if he has anything done to it or not. Can anybody give me some info on this. Mainly the stats on the GT.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I cant possibly imagine a more irrelevant post here....

check www.car-stats.com for accelleration #'s.
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

This is WRX vs. the World

You'll probably have better luck in Off Topic or a Mustang forum, or hell...even a TOYOTA forum.

But good luck with your friend and your friend's race, I guess...
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

if the mustang is stick it will be close with the gts having the edge (if its 6speed) if the mustang is auto and the gts is 6speed the mustang will get owned pretty hard. and the celica will walk away on the highway in either case
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    there are about as many bone stock 94 GTs as there are 11sec civics w/o power adders.

So, tell this guy to fess up on his mods.
    2003 SRT-4

thanks for the info guys.

i see a lot of GT mustangs that are stock. mostly driven by women though (which is a large majority).
    but stoplight is right... if he is willing to race, he more than likely has mods. just dont race for money. if he refuses to show whats under the hood, and then thinks hes slick when he beats you.. hes the one that looks like a tool
    Just call me Clark Kent

yeah. I have a WRX and its my friend who is racing him. I think that my friend is going to go up to him and say "either you tell me what you have under the hood or no deal. " the kid is stupid though. The GT is his brothers and so operating on those premises, my friend could bring either his brothers 2003 m3 or dads twin turbo NSX. But he really wants to see if he can beat a mustang so I think he really wants to drive his celica.

I Support ClubWRX
    Torque wins races...horsepower wins car shows. Tell you buddy to find a real car.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

What do you mean real car? to tell you the truth money wins races the more of it you have the faster you can go.

I Support ClubWRX
    I knew I was going to find one toyota fan...do you really think stock for stock...slight modded for slightly modded. BALLS out modded to balls out modded the gts would run with a mustang in a street race? If both are five speed cars or whatever manual toyo tossed in there "car". Even if the car is a 94 (which is now ten years old) I wouldnt think twice of the race...if the stang could drive. Not to mention once you crack the surface of a v-8....well i'm sure you know since your the "killa". But to be really fare I think the race should consist of a 94 mustang vs. a 94 celica with the same amount of miles on it...wait that isnt fair is it...so we should take the GTS (Toyo top line Celica right?) and run it agaist....the 03-04 cobra...the top of the line mustang...wait that isnt fair...Hope I didnt offen ya "killa"

Your right on with the money though...Have a lovely day

Not really a celica fan but, plus I never said the celica would win, um lets see Mr. Torque wins races so I guess the Lotus Elise is not a real car. Please try to knock it, I love all cars and all I said was money wins races.

I Support ClubWRX
    Cliche...it could go on forever...but unless your packing big bucks (See your claim) the average street car relies on torque. Even if you take a look at "supercars" you'll see more of them have a torque curver flatter then a pancake. Why could that be? There are always exceptions to every rule (see your wild claim) but 9 out of ten the torque will win.

It's cool whatever it could go on. I have seen some wild races in my day and I just feel if the money is there anything can be made fast. I will say this torque is not the only thing that wins races and that is 100% fact, other things to look at like weight of the car and gearing

Originally posted by 302@12psi
    I knew I was going to find one toyota fan...do you really think stock for stock...slight modded for slightly modded. BALLS out modded to balls out modded the gts would run with a mustang in a street race? If both are five speed cars or whatever manual toyo tossed in there "car". Even if the car is a 94 (which is now ten years old) I wouldnt think twice of the race...if the stang could drive. Not to mention once you crack the surface of a v-8....well i'm sure you know since your the "killa". But to be really fare I think the race should consist of a 94 mustang vs. a 94 celica with the same amount of miles on it...wait that isnt fair is it...so we should take the GTS (Toyo top line Celica right?) and run it agaist....the 03-04 cobra...the top of the line mustang...wait that isnt fair...Hope I didnt offen ya "killa"

Your right on with the money though...Have a lovely day
    bah! thats a bunch of crap. first off money DOES win races, not torque. second... if you are refering to bolt on's the mustang would have a hard time keeping up with a GTS celica.
    94 stang with bolt on's (x-pipe, ecu, exhaust, intake) will run low 14's and have traction issues. i have several friends with modded ones and this is what i see.

a celica gts with (intake, exhaust, ecu, header) will run run high 13's and trap over 100 mph. mod for mod with bolt on's the mustang is not a for sure win. until the stang gets blow, or the motor gets built, its not that fast of a car
    Just call me Clark Kent

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.