Celica GT-S VS 1994 GT mustang - Page 6
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

This is a discussion on Celica GT-S VS 1994 GT mustang within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by Digitalfiend Cyndicate is just your typical troll; the mighty "internet warrior" as Dan put it (lol). Just ...

Originally posted by Digitalfiend
    Cyndicate is just your typical troll; the mighty "internet warrior" as Dan put it (lol).

Just by looking at his sentences and lack of any real technical information in each post, it is clear he doesn't really know what he is talking about.

He does provide a good source of amusement though.

Now I'll just wait for the inevitable witty comeback that is sure to include the words "Civic kid" somewhere.
    Funny you mentioned that.
    Mods

Armed with a rotated Precision 6265 turbo at 35psi and a built 2.5 liter.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You're all idiots.
    Ryan
    2003 REDFIRE COBRA

pullied, sprayed, ported

i don't even want to read this thread lol...

anyway
    i have a GTS Celica right now....
    they are quick and would probably beat a 94 mustang and the v-6 ones, cause they are slow...

but awdturbowrx, i agree with you about mustang owners...they are mostly gay and ricers thinking they are bad ass in their FORD's....the mustang is an ok car..but the homos who own them put a bad rep on them...
    plus mustang owners never like anyone else.
    FP Green STi

this thread sucks... we started off with a theoretical street battle between the light but weak celica, and the tired and heavy mustang.

it will be close bone stock vs bone stock. A simple sniff of laughing gas and it would be over for the celica. 302's make in excess of 430ftlbs with a 100 shot.

I dont see the celica beating up on the mustang modded or stock, because both my 99 grand cherokee 4.7L (15.0 @91, 2.060ft), and my friends A4 1.8t quattro (15.2 @92, 1.9 60') -APR chipped
    KNOCKED THE CRAP out of a late model GT-S. both cars were still walking him well after his 6k sweet spot was hit in 1rst. At about 70 the celica hung in, but the lack of torque probably kept him from pulling a whole lot back. Jeep wins over the audi by 1 car, celica is at least 3-4 cars back.
    I imagine a similarly quick SN95 would serve up the same, but with more mph.
    03 MBP WRX Sedan
    STi RA gearset October 4th,STi Trans Mount
    Cobb AccessECU STG II 16.4psi. Bosal DP, Catless OEM UP, 205/55 ZR16 Futura Ultra Z's.

Originally posted by VSGTS14
    i don't even want to read this thread lol...

but awdturbowrx, i agree with you about mustang owners...they are mostly gay and ricers thinking they are bad ass in their FORD's....the mustang is an ok car..but the homos who own them put a bad rep on them...
    plus mustang owners never like anyone else.
    The STANG can NEVAH LOSE! All MUSTANGS are faster than ALL YOUR SLOW cars. WE DOMINATE the WORLD! YOU ALL ARE SLOW....WE ARE ALL FAST.

Just kidding. I've had a few hurtin's put on me by 4 bangers. Not ALL mustang owners are "gay and ricers thinking they are bad ass in their FORD's".

Oh, and we do like other folks. But only if they drive Mustangs.

Just messing with ya'll. I lika da turbo cars too.
    Ryan
    2003 REDFIRE COBRA

pullied, sprayed, ported

Geez...I just got here and this thread has by far the worst information out there.

I now own a 2004 STi that is far from stock, and I used to own a 1995 Mustang GT that came to me stock and left me also far from stock.

The GT ran high 14s bone stock down to the paper filter, and on street tires.

New Celica GTS's, that I've seen first-hand, have not seen a tick under 16 second quarter miles.
    Have any of you guys gotten the chance to see that show hosted by those two twin brother losers? They MODDED two Celica GTS's and they BARELY got under 17 second quarter miles. I was laughing out loud so hard because they actually seemed PLEASED!

So from a dig, the Celica doesn't have a chance in hell. None, and chances are the Mustang is far from stock and the 302 was a cheap and easy motor to modify.

Only way to know for sure is to run them though. Equal drivers, I'd say the Mustang will win by 4-5 lengths.
    2004 STi, Java Black Pearl
    www.cardomain.com/id/2004wrxsti

Best ET 4/24/04
    12.38@109

nice ET Jade

Originally posted by StoplightWarrior
    there are about as many bone stock 94 GTs as there are 11sec civics w/o power adders.

So, tell this guy to fess up on his mods.
    I agree. A stock 94 Mustang GT would be a rare find.

-Jim

why do these threads happen without a final answer like an actual race...
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

Originally posted by 2004JadeSTi
    Geez...I just got here and this thread has by far the worst information out there.

I now own a 2004 STi that is far from stock, and I used to own a 1995 Mustang GT that came to me stock and left me also far from stock.

The GT ran high 14s bone stock down to the paper filter, and on street tires.

New Celica GTS's, that I've seen first-hand, have not seen a tick under 16 second quarter miles.
    Have any of you guys gotten the chance to see that show hosted by those two twin brother losers? They MODDED two Celica GTS's and they BARELY got under 17 second quarter miles. I was laughing out loud so hard because they actually seemed PLEASED!

So from a dig, the Celica doesn't have a chance in hell. None, and chances are the Mustang is far from stock and the 302 was a cheap and easy motor to modify.

Only way to know for sure is to run them though. Equal drivers, I'd say the Mustang will win by 4-5 lengths.
    sorry man, but you numbers are off. The celica GT is rather slow, but anyone that is struggling to get into the 16's with a gts is a HORRIBLE driver, and i mean HORRIBLE!!!! i could see an automatic with a bad driver pulling 16's for sure..... but the car in question is a 6speed MT.

go check out some of the boards.. people that actually know how to drive a high reving car are pulling high 14's stock with the GTS and even fairly decent drivers will still get mid 15's like a cake walk from the 6speed
    go browse around for times, NO ONE i know drives so horribly that they consistantly get 16's and 17's out of a gts celica.

and with bolt on mods they are going well into 14's.... i am not sure where you guys get these pre-concieved notions of this car being butt-ass slow, but its really not all that slow.

its hp isnt that high, but take into the consideration that its a 2500-2600 lb car with a well geared 6speed manual trans and it will do quite well. auto is a different story, there more than a seconds difference in e.t. times... but like i said, the car in question is a 6speed MT
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

i've seen a gts hit 15.1 at a track in palmdale thats about 4000 ft above elevation..so idk..like 14.8 anywhere else?? ..idk about mods but vvtli on that thing was loud so it couldn't of been stock...i've also seen a gts pull on a 330ci off a roll right in front of my eyes...couldn't believe it but weird things happen on the street
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.