Celica GT-S VS 1994 GT mustang - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 86

This is a discussion on Celica GT-S VS 1994 GT mustang within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Thank you DTR Max. I really wasn't trying to go there but you said what I really wanted to say, ...

  1. #16
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    3
    Thank you DTR Max. I really wasn't trying to go there but you said what I really wanted to say, by the way this is V8Killa......

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #17
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    11,098
    I Support ClubWRX
    Just my .02 since I've grown up around mustangs here we go. A very good set up that will beat most cars in a straight line and as far as I'm concered is considered bolt ons.

    AFR 165's out of box
    Elderbrok Performer intake
    and a zex kit
    Toss in some 3.73 and drag radials.

    That will cost you a little over 2 grand (which is a better investment then exhaust cold air intake and the usual junk most people toss on) with a good five speed driver could see high 12's. On the street would own from a roll and you have very little money in a very fun and reliable car. But again most people dont start out with that (for some reason) and they think exhaust, x pipe, long tubes, cold air intake, and an oversized t/b is going to help a stock mustang...

    Some might say a zex kit isnt bolt on, but that's all you do...run lines and bolt in the "smart box". Oh well......flame away
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

  4. #18
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    31
    Originally posted by TSwrx
    dads twin turbo NSX.
    didnt know they made twin turbo kits for the NSX...
    R.I.P. 04 Java Black Pearl WRX Sedan
    Wanted - 99 - 01 2.5 RS Coupe Any Color

  5. #19
    Registered User MidnightFLAT4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Dayton Ohio, Chicago IL
    Posts
    664
    a healthy 4.6 SOHC mated to a manual T5 trans should be high 14's. a roll race and the mustang would be able to use its immense torque advantage.

    1/4 mile difference of probably a baby's arm.
    03 MBP WRX Sedan
    STi RA gearset October 4th,STi Trans Mount
    Cobb AccessECU STG II 16.4psi. Bosal DP, Catless OEM UP, 205/55 ZR16 Futura Ultra Z's.

  6. #20
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    11,098
    I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by MidnightFLAT4
    a healthy 4.6 SOHC mated to a manual T5 trans should be high 14's. a roll race and the mustang would be able to use its immense torque advantage.

    1/4 mile difference of probably a baby's arm.
    94 was stock the old push rod motor.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

  7. #21
    Registered User DTR rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Chi-town, IL
    Posts
    27,076
    Originally posted by 302@12psi
    Just my .02 since I've grown up around mustangs here we go. A very good set up that will beat most cars in a straight line and as far as I'm concered is considered bolt ons.

    AFR 165's out of box
    Elderbrok Performer intake
    and a zex kit
    Toss in some 3.73 and drag radials.

    That will cost you a little over 2 grand (which is a better investment then exhaust cold air intake and the usual junk most people toss on) with a good five speed driver could see high 12's. On the street would own from a roll and you have very little money in a very fun and reliable car. But again most people dont start out with that (for some reason) and they think exhaust, x pipe, long tubes, cold air intake, and an oversized t/b is going to help a stock mustang...

    Some might say a zex kit isnt bolt on, but that's all you do...run lines and bolt in the "smart box". Oh well......flame away
    i dont know about the zex kit. although i guess it *does* bolt on, most wouldnt consider nitrious a bolt on. and in the same sense you could throw some no2 onto the celica as well...
    i am not telling you what the best way to mod the mustang is, but typical mods for the 4.6 v8 are mostly what i stated, and similar mods for similar money on the celica, i am fairly sure the celica would beat it, or it would be close.
    yes the mustang will have a significant torque advantage, but the light weight of the celica helps it get off the line quick, and its top end keeps it going and going.

    Originally posted by MidnightFLAT4
    a healthy 4.6 SOHC mated to a manual T5 trans should be high 14's. a roll race and the mustang would be able to use its immense torque advantage.

    1/4 mile difference of probably a baby's arm.
    yes, high 14's on a VERY good day when they were new. most used sohc 4.6 motors will only be seen running low 15's in stock form, and with the bolt on's I mentioned above, you could see low 14's maybe with really good tires. i have a few friends that ran theirs stock, and then with mods, and it seems they have traction issues.
    there was a previous thread here about celicas running 13's with 100+ easy traps with simple bolt on's.

    and for the record, its usually hp that wins the roll/topend races, not torque. hp and good gearing is always the best friend of a top end race.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

  8. #22
    Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    oHIo
    Posts
    16,898
    I Support ClubWRX
    With the right mods a Stang should have no problem whippin up on a celica.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red

  9. #23
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    62
    I think its an engine swap into the NSX.

  10. #24
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    11,098
    I Support ClubWRX
    Um...again...that's fine and that's great as far as bolt ons for the 4.6...BUT THE 94 DOESNT HAVE A 4.6. The 94 has the 302 in it still. Althrough most people do the same bolt ons the 302 has far more potential. My money would still be on the mustang on a street race. Not to mention if he has some serious work no one would every be the wiser. And he doesnt want to "show his mod" Oh well this is my last post in this thread since I've taking it so far off topic.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

  11. #25
    Registered User DTR rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Chi-town, IL
    Posts
    27,076
    Originally posted by 302@12psi
    Um...again...that's fine and that's great as far as bolt ons for the 4.6...BUT THE 94 DOESNT HAVE A 4.6. The 94 has the 302 in it still. Althrough most people do the same bolt ons the 302 has far more potential. My money would still be on the mustang on a street race. Not to mention if he has some serious work no one would every be the wiser. And he doesnt want to "show his mod" Oh well this is my last post in this thread since I've taking it so far off topic.
    "doesnt have to show his mods" come on now! no car has to show its mods. and a mustang will be a lot louder with heads and full exhaust than a celica would be. a celica could just as easily "not show its mods" if it wanted too.

    thats fine, you will think what you do, and i will think what i do.
    but in the end i have experienced both scenario's several times. so whatever......
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

  12. #26
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Hickory, NC
    Posts
    960
    Originally posted by 302@12psi
    I knew I was going to find one toyota fan...do you really think stock for stock...slight modded for slightly modded. BALLS out modded to balls out modded the gts would run with a mustang in a street race? If both are five speed cars or whatever manual toyo tossed in there "car". Even if the car is a 94 (which is now ten years old) I wouldnt think twice of the race...if the stang could drive. Not to mention once you crack the surface of a v-8....well i'm sure you know since your the "killa". But to be really fare I think the race should consist of a 94 mustang vs. a 94 celica with the same amount of miles on it...wait that isnt fair is it...so we should take the GTS (Toyo top line Celica right?) and run it agaist....the 03-04 cobra...the top of the line mustang...wait that isnt fair...Hope I didnt offen ya "killa"


    Your right on with the money though...Have a lovely day
    those old mustangs are slow in stock form. I beat my buddy's 96 mustang gt auto in my dad's 98 isuzu trooper.
    Mods

    Armed with a rotated Precision 6265 turbo at 35psi and a built 2.5 liter.

  13. #27
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    61
    There is NO TT NSX. You are full of crap. With the valve design of that car, a turbo is almost useless. An engine swap with what?! Its a mid engine HONDA! WTF are you going to put in it?! Its just a BS lie some civic driving, "Fast and Furious" kid said to impress people.

    I have a TICKET from the gatlinburg police department for outrunning a Celeca GTS and a Chevy Cav w/nos with my Nissan Minivan at 110 MPH.

    I hate Mustangs, but this is a STUPID post.

  14. #28
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Hickory, NC
    Posts
    960
    My friend's v6 ford ranger outran my other friend's celica gts. Apparently we have no life.
    Mods

    Armed with a rotated Precision 6265 turbo at 35psi and a built 2.5 liter.

  15. #29
    Registered User STiguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Long Island, New York
    Posts
    1,670
    i just looked it up, a 94 mustang GT with a manuel transmission runs a 15.2 in the quarter and a 2002 Celica GT-S runs a 15.6 with a manuel transmission, if u ask me its a drivers race.
    LISC #1
    05 STi - 300whp 331wtq 1/4 - 12.7 @107.4 (SOLD)
    06 Evo IX 370whp 386wtq (Under Construction)

  16. #30
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    61
    Your mag racing. Nothing like real world racing at ALL.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •