Current Gen Mustangs to MOD
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Current Gen Mustangs to MOD within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; How are the current Gen Mustang GT's with mods? Are they easy to mod? Do they take well to bolt ...

Current Gen Mustangs to MOD

How are the current Gen Mustang GT's with mods?

Are they easy to mod? Do they take well to bolt on's? I know Cobra's are, but I'm talkin plain GT's.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: Current Gen Mustangs to MOD

Originally posted by Flat2point0
    How are the current Gen Mustang GT's with mods?

Are they easy to mod? Do they take well to bolt on's? I know Cobra's are, but I'm talkin plain GT's.
    they take to mods well, just like most v8 mustangs. stock its a low 14sec car, and with mods like x-pipe, catback, intake, gears, you can see low 13's or even 12's with good tires
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

To get 12's you'll need some good heads, intake man., and possibly a cam.
    03 Cobra
    566whp/515wtq

Pics
    & Dyno
    Pics

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    Some of my buddies have hit 12s with bolt ons...

With gears, headers, air intake, xpipe, pulleys, chip, and sticky tires, high 12s are there for sure...

BUT, its way easier to just slap on a blower, an xpipe, and some drag radials. TRUST ME

I've had 5 stangs and only arrived at that conclusion after much failure and wasted money...
    2003 SRT-4

That's why I'm opting for V8 + turbo.

what would it roughly cost if you could find a good deal to supercharge a GT?

Originally posted by Flat2point0
    what would it roughly cost if you could find a good deal to supercharge a GT?
    Not even that much...

figure, you can get 99+ GT's for like $9k now, with not too many miles. Then, find a used Vortech kit for 2k and a bassani Xpipe for $200...then throw in an aftermarket fuel pump and get a good chip/dynotune and that will be another $750...so that puts us at about $13k w/tax & license...Then do a few minor things like steeda shifter, gears, and some sticky tires, and you'll be seeing very low 12s@110 or so on a very safe, daily driveable combo.
    2003 SRT-4

Must depend where you live. 99 GT's are still around $15-$17K range.
    2003 Evolution 8
    Buschur Racing 3'' turboback exhaust with high flow cat
    Apexi SAFCII
    Turboxs HPmbc(19psi)
    Injen intake kit.
    HKS 264/272
    329+awhp/327+awtq.
    345awhp/344awtq "catless".

5k would get you a good supercharger with supporting bolt-ons. The 4.6 mod motor wakes up fast with an S/C
    2000 WRX

Originally posted by GREDDY
    Must depend where you live. 99 GT's are still around $15-$17K range.
    you must be joking...

You can get 99 Cobras for 14-15k...
    2003 SRT-4

like stoplightwarrior said: bolt on's will reach you in 12's.

gears, intake, exhaust, x-pipe are good for solid 13's and even low 13's. and a good set of tires can make a difference into 12's especially with headers.

that is kind of an around the bush job though. for much cheaper over all, a blower can be had and easily push 12's without many bolt on's
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Originally posted by StoplightWarrior
    you must be joking...

You can get 99 Cobras for 14-15k...
    Ha, I'd like to find that place, out here they still run high 18's

Cobra's are harder to maintain because they are limited in production and they aren't as common as the V6 (if you classify that as a Stang) or the GT, so the parts for thh Cobra are a bit more pricy

You can pick up a 99 GT in Colorado for I'd say 12-13k I know 01 GT's are going for 15k- ish 01 Cobra will run 20-23k.

Stangs are EASY to mod, VERY EASY! Turbo charging it is pricy as hell but if you can afford it do it TT baby! I'd Supercharge it with a Pro Charger or a Vortech SC-er, you shouldn't pay more than 5g AT THE MOST for it, Stang parts are SOOO cheap, I know this. with the Supercharger you'd be hitting full boost at 1500rpms, only thing is most Stang SC-ers can only hold a MAX of 10-11psi where as Turbos can push more. Turbos are super expensive for the Stang because its not an easy task!

Bassani Off road X pipe sounds so sexy! Id definitly change the gears, to 3.73's I dont like 4.10's. Chip it, Diablo chip works the best with the new Stangs I've heard! Definitly throw in a Pro 5.0 Short sifter, or steeda, or whatever you want. Intake, Headers, Port and polish it and WOOT You've got your self one fine azz Stang!

Check out www.corral.net or www.stangnet.com

Running 12's is not hard at all with a blower, ofcourse depending on elevation, STUPID MOUNTIANS!!!

Good Luck & Hope This Helps!
    "Real Chicks Drive Sticks"
    How do you spell love? F-O-R-D <3
    Wanna feel fast? Drive a Ferarri 360 Modena =) Rawr!!!

Originally posted by Rella
    Ha, I'd like to find that place, out here they still run high 18's

Cobra's are harder to maintain because they are limited in production and they aren't as common as the V6 (if you classify that as a Stang) or the GT, so the parts for thh Cobra are a bit more pricy

You can pick up a 99 GT in Colorado for I'd say 12-13k I know 01 GT's are going for 15k- ish 01 Cobra will run 20-23k.

Stangs are EASY to mod, VERY EASY! Turbo charging it is pricy as hell but if you can afford it do it TT baby! I'd Supercharge it with a Pro Charger or a Vortech SC-er, you shouldn't pay more than 5g AT THE MOST for it, Stang parts are SOOO cheap, I know this. with the Supercharger you'd be hitting full boost at 1500rpms, only thing is most Stang SC-ers can only hold a MAX of 10-11psi where as Turbos can push more. Turbos are super expensive for the Stang because its not an easy task!

Bassani Off road X pipe sounds so sexy! Id definitly change the gears, to 3.73's I dont like 4.10's. Chip it, Diablo chip works the best with the new Stangs I've heard! Definitly throw in a Pro 5.0 Short sifter, or steeda, or whatever you want. Intake, Headers, Port and polish it and WOOT You've got your self one fine azz Stang!

Check out www.corral.net or www.stangnet.com

Running 12's is not hard at all with a blower, ofcourse depending on elevation, STUPID MOUNTIANS!!!

Good Luck & Hope This Helps!
    Sucks for you guys! Stang GT's around here are in the papers for 9-12 all the time!!!
    2003 SRT-4

Originally posted by StoplightWarrior
    Sucks for you guys! Stang GT's around here are in the papers for 9-12 all the time!!!
    Totally Sucks for us, and on top of that, our cars run slower up here. Luckly I'm gonna grab an '04 GT, they're priced just about the same all over.

Man Cali is where its AT, I need to move
    "Real Chicks Drive Sticks"
    How do you spell love? F-O-R-D <3
    Wanna feel fast? Drive a Ferarri 360 Modena =) Rawr!!!

Originally posted by Rella
    Totally Sucks for us, and on top of that, our cars run slower up here. Luckly I'm gonna grab an '04 GT, they're priced just about the same all over.

Man Cali is where its AT, I need to move
    werd. My cousins lived in Littleton, and then Longmont so I've been back there a couple times. I love visiting CO but you're right, CA > *

BTW, my cousins family is moving to Palm Springs now.
    2003 SRT-4

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast