Current Gen Mustangs to MOD - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Current Gen Mustangs to MOD within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by StoplightWarrior werd. My cousins lived in Littleton, and then Longmont so I've been back there a couple ...

Originally posted by StoplightWarrior
    werd. My cousins lived in Littleton, and then Longmont so I've been back there a couple times. I love visiting CO but you're right, CA > *

BTW, my cousins family is moving to Palm Springs now.
    Visted Palm Springs a year or two ago, I love Cali! CO is fun to visit but Cali is so nice all the time!!
    "Real Chicks Drive Sticks"
    How do you spell love? F-O-R-D <3
    Wanna feel fast? Drive a Ferarri 360 Modena =) Rawr!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Down here in wonderful sunny Florida, brand new GTs are going for 16-17K, dealers are dumping them off. A '99 or '01 Cobra can easily be found for under $15 0r 16K.

Originally posted by Red2002
    Down here in wonderful sunny Florida, brand new GTs are going for 16-17K, dealers are dumping them off. A '99 or '01 Cobra can easily be found for under $15 0r 16K.
    WHAT? up here i'll be paying a good 25g are you kidding me, 17k brand new fully loaded GT? if that's true I'm flying out to FLA!

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm still dumb founded when I hear people buying CAI, catbacks, and beleave it or not intake spacers for these cars and thinking they have a car. I wouldnt even waste my money wit touching the exhaust (Ever do Headers on a 4.6?) without full exhaust (Headers back) it isnt really worth any power gain just sounds. And even with headers back you dont see alot of power. If I was to do a 4.6 this would be it:

Kenne Bell 2200, some 3.73's (Dont need 4.10's when you have full boost so low) a custom dyno tune, and some sticky tires. Of course a short throw would be nice also. With that you're probaly looking at around 5-5,500 and you would hit 12 all day.

On a cent. blown 4.6 I dont believe for one second you'd see full boost at 1500 unless your running like 4 lbs. Boost is relative.

The only down fall to the 4.6 is the lack of aftermarket heads, cam, and intakes. You can get a bullit intake but they are really really expesive still. Once the market opens up I think they will be a cheap, good car. I dont know that I would waste to much time with a 4.6 SOHC...have any of you seen the internals of a DOHC? They are very very BEEFY.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

There are only three mustangs I would look at if I was looking.

1988(ish) Notchback

1996-1998 Cobra

2003/04 Cobra

Thats it, IMHO I think that these are the best bang for the buck stangs.

I will return to stangs again... oh how I miss that sound.
    2000 WRX

Running 9psi on the SC boosts at 1500 rmps up here on a 94 cobra, but ofcourse it doesnt keep the full boost, its a friend of mine's car, believe what ya want.

03-04 Cobra is a nice choice, except Id opt for the 04 cobra since the 03 had slight poblems that where fixed in the 04 models!

Stang do sound nice, since they are one of the only cars with true dual exaust

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    Originally posted by Rella
    Running 9psi on the SC boosts at 1500 rmps up here on a 94 cobra, but ofcourse it doesnt keep the full boost, its a friend of mine's car, believe what ya want.

03-04 Cobra is a nice choice, except Id opt for the 04 cobra since the 03 had slight poblems that where fixed in the 04 models!

Stang do sound nice, since they are one of the only cars with true dual exaust
    almost everyone I've talked to agrees that Mustangs sound better than most all other cars.
    2003 SRT-4

hehe, I was driving to LA a few days ago and saw a Ford Dealer off the 10 with a huge electronic billboard advertising 04 Mustang's starting at $12K so you know you could easily get a new GT out of them for under $20K This is the time to get the 04's because dealers still have a ton of them and the 05's will be out in the next 6 months so you can get some awesome deals.

Originally posted by 302@12psi

Kenne Bell 2200, some 3.73's (Dont need 4.10's when you have full boost so low) a custom dyno tune, and some sticky tires. Of course a short throw would be nice also. With that you're probaly looking at around 5-5,500 and you would hit 12 all day.
    That is the blower I want. Sooo sexy... :drool: Sooo expensive too. (5k)

Stupid question BUT...

I hear the current gen 5-speed is hard to shift (seating position).

Is the Automatic 4.6L V8 any fun? W/Mods?

See sig for times. I have gears, exhaust, pulleys, timing adjuster, and sticky tires. Total mods = $1,120. This is with a 1.82 60 ft. It's a 12 sec car with a 1.7 60 ft. I don't want to break the stock axles yet though.
    Ryan
    2003 REDFIRE COBRA

pullied, sprayed, ported

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12