Vishnu stage 2 vs 2500 hd 4x4 extended cab chevy pickup truck
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Vishnu stage 2 vs 2500 hd 4x4 extended cab chevy pickup truck within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; And the wrx lost hard. From a roll and from a stop it was the same out come. The truck ...

Vishnu stage 2 vs 2500 hd 4x4 extended cab chevy pickup truck

And the wrx lost hard.

From a roll and from a stop it was the same out come.

The truck ate it out of the hole (4hi) and from a roll the truck just smoked the tires a bit and took off on the wrx.

The owner of a the wrx was a bit in shock as he seemed to think that his setup was unbeatable (he kept saying that over and over again).

Hope the wrx owner gets a bigger turbo.

Pics of the truck

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    what mods to the truck
    2003 SRT-4

I Support ClubWRX
    That reminds me of the 11 second F-350 diesel turbo video we have in the video section. It doesn't even launch, and pulls a 11.42 in the 1/4 mile.

That is one hell of a sleeper truck. No-one would even give that truck a second glance, until it flew by them.

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    Originally posted by KurleeDaddeeWRX
    That reminds me of the 11 second F-350 diesel turbo video we have in the video section. It doesn't even launch, and pulls a 11.42 in the 1/4 mile.

That is one hell of a sleeper truck. No-one would even give that truck a second glance, until it flew by them.
    werd...

There's a local guy out here who has an 01 Dodge Ram with a 454 and a Novi blower...He has something like 650rwhp and it looks bone stock (other than rims/tires) on the outside...Yikes...
    2003 SRT-4

Originally posted by StoplightWarrior
    werd...

There's a local guy out here who has an 01 Dodge Ram with a 454 and a Novi blower...He has something like 650rwhp and it looks bone stock (other than rims/tires) on the outside...Yikes...
    If I had a setup like that, I'd intentionally drive around with a speed-boat in tow, and pick on people. Toast a 'Stang or two, humiliate a Civic or three with that. Shift some weight in the boat to get a bit more weight over the rear wheels and have at it...lol.
    2003 WRB Wagon. Vishnu Stage 2(VF30). DBA 5010's/steel lines/Carbotech Bobcat pads, MRT topmount. Tein coilovers, 22/24 mm sways, ALK....I'M DONE!!!!!!

I don't wanna sound rude, but I always think stories that have a total lack of detail are false. Not saying your truck couldn't win or anything, but your "kill story" reads more like a list.
    -Andrew

Originally posted by LemonHerb
    I don't wanna sound rude, but I always think stories that have a total lack of detail are false. Not saying your truck couldn't win or anything, but your "kill story" reads more like a list.
    Looks more like someone took some pictures of their truck and then posted a story about it beating a WRX.

I really do hate it when people post stories like this with out any details.
    What are the mods to this truck (other than the obvious). What does it run in the 1/4 mile?

Who's Vishnu's stage 2 was he racing? Where was this race?

I also can't see this truck smoking a well launched Vishnu Stage 2 off the line. A stage 2 is capable of 3.9 - 4.2 sec 0-60mph with the right driver.

But anything is possilbe, I would just like to see the proof. Like a time slip from a track or a mod list that shows 600+hp. Thats how much hp it would take for that truck to do what he says.

Then I will say, damm thats a fast truck.

Im such a good detective, lol. Looks like a nice truck, with an extensive mod list.

http://www.srtforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47786

And for the lazy.

[QUOTE] Now for the fun part, we have this local wrx owner who thinks he is hot ****. Basicly he has a vishnu stage2 on his car and races all the 15 and 14 second cars that show up at the local kick it spots. So after a month or two of this homie thinks he is the "street king" (yes those are his actual words). Well little did he know we (my bud and I) heard all this bs and decided to take it upon our selves to do a quick build up on his chevy silverado extended cab 2500HD 4x4. Well in a months time (maybe a bit longer) we finaly finished last night and had a chance to run him.

Basicly the truck is as follows

6.0 liter motor
    custom cam (dont ask for specs ya aint gonna get them)
    long tube headers
    TQ converter
    Intake
    4in exhaust
    NOS fogger (single fogger, going dual soon as we will be running a 300 shot if things hold up as they have been)
    Seperate fuel system for the nitrous system
    Reflashed ECU
    Shift Kit for tranny
    42lb hour injectors
    And its lowered...
    may have forgoten a few things as well...

Anyways

Raced from a dead stop, and from a roll

Dead stop the truck in 4hi ate him out of the hole that is right destroyed him out of the hole, and by the end of the intersection had damn near a full truck length on him. Buddy shut down after pulling a 5-6 truck length on him (this was with letting off twice trying to get the damn thing out of 4hi and into 2 hi).

Then they raced from a roll (40mph roll)....

Truck spun the rears hard but still pulled him and ended up shutting down after he saw him in his rear view and the guy had no chance to pull on him.

Basicly we destroyed his ego, and when we approached him for payment he decided that he wasnt going to pay as the "racing enviroment" wasnt right for him.

anyways we allso raced a new SS with exahust and LID on the freeway from a 60mph roll, the guy was going no where (this was on the first set of jets which were around 170 hp).

Not bad for a big ole 4x4 with 120k miles on it! haha

oh and its setup now with a 2xx shot. (not gonna give to much details on the rig yet we are still working on it)

And no we dont have track times yet, hope to get those on wed. [QUOTE]

Link to mods and times of various full size LS1 based Chevy trucks: http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112096

Definitely more than a few that can run 13.5 and less, but
    I'd like to know more about the details on the one in question here, though too. What size N20 shot is being run, mods to the truck, etc...

A picture may be worth a thousand words, but it's better when we don't have to guess and fill in the blanks.

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

err u must just have missed my post dan .

-BobbyD

Thumbs up

Thanks for the details in the post while I was researching the times list. The guy should register on LS1tech.com with his info (if he hasn't already), because it sounds like he's got a nice setup going.

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

6.0 liter V8 truck spraying a 170 shot (edit: 240 shot) on a 2.0 liter turbo, good job. Guess you could make a shortbus fast with enough nitrous too.

I have to admit thats one hell of a sleeper though. Hope it holds together if its the stock block.
    Last edited by JRod; 04-13-2004 at 05:42 AM.
    2002 WRX Sedan-Silver
    Turbo XS UTEC Stage IV (VF34)+TMIC, STI RA gears, Exedy clutch/flywheel

Ya, that truck sounds like its pretty damn fast. Im not even sure if a stage4 WRX can hunt that bad boy down.

I Support ClubWRX
    Why does BobbyD's list not even mention the supercharger? Are we sure the pics match the truck in question? Without the S/C, I doubt those mods could even come close to a Vishnu Stage 2.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Originally posted by BobbyD
    Ya, that truck sounds like its pretty damn fast. Im not even sure if a stage4 WRX can hunt that bad boy down.
    A base Stage IV is the same as Vishnus Stg. II basically. It would take a lot more it seems.

The truck in the picture doesnt seem that lowered with those huge meatball tires. I hope he doesn try to turn or stop hard in that thing. I think I would wreck that truck pretty quick.
    2002 WRX Sedan-Silver
    Turbo XS UTEC Stage IV (VF34)+TMIC, STI RA gears, Exedy clutch/flywheel

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast