Vishnu stage 2 vs 2500 hd 4x4 extended cab chevy pickup truck - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Vishnu stage 2 vs 2500 hd 4x4 extended cab chevy pickup truck within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by JRod That thread says he was running a 240 shot not 170. He also says he had ...

Originally posted by JRod
    That thread says he was running a 240 shot not 170. He also says he had him by 3 cars not 6. Maybe it was a different race. Either way a win is a win.
    *checks the post*

we started with a 170 then bumped it after everything checked out to a 240 (plugs, no det, and afr). maybe i screwed up in the post but it is running a 240 shot, and was running a 240 shot when we raced that guy...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by Dan00Hawk
    Thanks for the details in the post while I was researching the times list. The guy should register on LS1tech.com with his info (if he hasn't already), because it sounds like he's got a nice setup going.
    ya he is on there, look under truck performance. You can see my self and him giving **** to another one of our buddies with a vette..

Originally posted by 5spdfrk
    Nobody has asked how good of a driver the wrx driver is. He said he always lines up with 14 and 15 sec. cars, but why if he is VS2? I know that it will make his car look faster by spanking these cars, but what if he can't drive or doesn't know how to launch? There are just a lot of unanswered questions.
    From what i saw he got a good launch i didnt see any bog and he held steady in his loss to the truck. He claimed that he wasnt on it but that was a lame excuse he soon recanted to after we called him on it.

Originally posted by Integra96
    OK, still...on the NA list of trucks on the page, only two are in the 12s in the 1/4 mile. Both have either full slicks or drag radials. The first person down the list that ran on street tires ran about a 14.0. Of course, the top guy on the "full" list has N20 and street tires and ran a 11.06 @ 124mph...with AWD.

All I'm saying is that, with the mods that truck has (and I'm assuming it had street tires when the race happened) the VS2 WRX should have beat it 99 times out of 100 unless something funky is going on or the WRX driver just sucked, IMO.

I didn't mean to call out BS like that, but it's just an anomalous thing here. I give total credit to guys running fast times in their Chevy trucks...it's pretty impressive.

he launched in 4hi, and had to let off for it to go into 2hi and he still beat the guy. This thing is putting out a ****load of power, no estimates yet but gawd damn i would be surprised if on the bottle it was north of 600rwhp. Thing pulls just as hard as my stage 3 does(the vishnu one not the txs).

According to Vishnu's website their stage 3 is TBA. What are you running to consider it a VS3?
    '02 WRB WRX
    '92 Civic Si

I Support ClubWRX
    According to Vishnu's website their stage 3 is TBA. What are you running to consider it a VS3?
    His car was the protoype/platform from which the TBA/NEVER Vishnu Stage 3 would have been launched from.

Wow, that would make me feel special. Too bad nothing has happened with that. Will there ever be a stage 3?
    '02 WRB WRX
    '92 Civic Si

hmm 6 liter LS1, 240 shot. 40lb injectors with C12 gas.
    Im sure that truck makes probably 550ftlbs at the wheels.

and the HD trans puts it to the ground. Im sure this truck is mean.

this would whip all the chipped and pulley'd high 12 second lightnings.
    03 MBP WRX Sedan
    STi RA gearset October 4th,STi Trans Mount
    Cobb AccessECU STG II 16.4psi. Bosal DP, Catless OEM UP, 205/55 ZR16 Futura Ultra Z's.

Try the first one ever built....

and ya shiv cant seem to settle on what ecu to use and not make it cost 10309304298423098 billion..

tec's are not cheap..

That's pretty sweet, let us know any updates and what might eventually happen.
    '02 WRB WRX
    '92 Civic Si

Last time I was out at the track here in KC there was a 2500 chevy longbed extended cab work truck. It ran a few 15.1's but one time it launched REALLY hard, and pulled a 13.2 @ 103! That night my untuned stage 4 (txs) wrx ran a 13.6 @ 100, and the one LS1 camaro ran 13.7 @ 102. That work truck would have smoked me pretty good if I had lined up next to it. Luckily I didn't. It must have been on the bottle -- really impressive
    aquamisted wagon
    12.4 @ 111

oh heads up the truck ran a 12.7 in 4x4 the whole quarter mile (normaly he trys to launch in 4x4 then switch to 2wd after first gear, but he couldnt pop it into 2wd with out letting off of it for a good 3 seconds)

4x4 the whole QM
    60ft 1.680
    1/8 7.600 @ 90
    12.70 @105

2wd the entire QM
    60ft 2.5
    spinning 3/4 of the track 14.4 @103

hahah and in 4x4 it falls on its face after middle of 2nd gear...

anyways he is going to get some 12in wide slicks for the thing and shoot for mid 11's

and he was pissed off cause it was running 12.7's... i dont blame him to the truck is a **** load faster if you can shift it out of 4x4 in 2nd gear... it just losses so much power witht hat stupid 4x4 drivtrain (more so then our wrx's)

That's Viper-stomping power in the 1/8th - LOL. I love sleepers.

There are so many trucks with just stickers and loud exhaust that the truly fast ones are well hidden.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

wow that 1/8 mile time is ridiculous. It puts even a well modded wrx to shame. Very nice, altho after the 1/8 it doesnt seem to be pulling that hard, is that just cause of the 4x4?

-BobbyD
    5spd/U/D/MBC/QTEC

4x4 and the fact that we are running a huge shot thru a nozzle that isnt rated at that high of a shot so at higher rpms it just sorta falls flat... comes out of the hole squeeling tires tho haha.. im trying to get the damn video from my buddy but he has aol dial up

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123