Vishnu stage 2 vs 2500 hd 4x4 extended cab chevy pickup truck - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Vishnu stage 2 vs 2500 hd 4x4 extended cab chevy pickup truck within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; integra, you can check out the site link i posted., the pics match. Im not sure where JRod got the ...

integra, you can check out the site link i posted., the pics match. Im not sure where JRod got the supercharge from, beats me.
    Ahh and good point about the vishnu stage 2 being roughly the same as a stage 4, thanks for pointing that out, i completelly forgot. I guess that truck is really damn fast then.

-Bobby D

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by BobbyD
    Im not lsure where JRod got the supercharge from, beats me.
    -Bobby D
    My bad, I forgot the chevy line of engines is Vortec which I got confused with a brand of supercharger even though it doesnt look anything like one. Ooops. Even more curious/ impressed now.
    2002 WRX Sedan-Silver
    Turbo XS UTEC Stage IV (VF34)+TMIC, STI RA gears, Exedy clutch/flywheel

I Support ClubWRX
    If it's not supercharged, let me be the first to raise the !

That is, until timeslips and/or dyno sheets are posted. An N/A 6.0L, with nitrous even, in such a portly truck beating a VS2...I just don't know about that.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Integra96:
    Link to mods and times of various full size LS1 based Chevy trucks: http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112096
    Take a look at the list on that page which shows a comprehensive list of times and mods for various fullsize Chevrolets, and see if you still want to call BS...

Thumbs up

A little more searching, and a thread from the p/up truck owner himself. Hopes to run it at the track soon... http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=159668

Badass...

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

There are only 2 guys on the NA list that managed to break into the 12's. There are tons of stage 4/VS2 WRX's in the 12's.

I'm not calling BS or saying this didn't happen. If it did, however, these guys built a NA LS1 truck that shames most of the truck owners on the LS1 board.

What I'm basically saying is that this is a feat. You won't find many NA trucks running down stage 4 WRX's. Of course, you will find a ton of NA LS1 cars that'll walk a rex like a bad dog.

I'd still prefer Pain's firebird.... I still piss my pants everytime I think about that thing scratching the license plate from the launch!
    07 RDX

04 STI: SOLD
    02 4eat Cobb Stg 2 WRX Wagon: Wife's

That thread says he was running a 240 shot not 170. He also says he had him by 3 cars not 6. Maybe it was a different race. Either way a win is a win.
    2002 WRX Sedan-Silver
    Turbo XS UTEC Stage IV (VF34)+TMIC, STI RA gears, Exedy clutch/flywheel

Nobody has asked how good of a driver the wrx driver is. He said he always lines up with 14 and 15 sec. cars, but why if he is VS2? I know that it will make his car look faster by spanking these cars, but what if he can't drive or doesn't know how to launch? There are just a lot of unanswered questions.
    '02 WRB WRX
    '92 Civic Si

I Support ClubWRX
    OK, still...on the NA list of trucks on the page, only two are in the 12s in the 1/4 mile. Both have either full slicks or drag radials. The first person down the list that ran on street tires ran about a 14.0. Of course, the top guy on the "full" list has N20 and street tires and ran a 11.06 @ 124mph...with AWD.

All I'm saying is that, with the mods that truck has (and I'm assuming it had street tires when the race happened) the VS2 WRX should have beat it 99 times out of 100 unless something funky is going on or the WRX driver just sucked, IMO.

I didn't mean to call out BS like that, but it's just an anomalous thing here. I give total credit to guys running fast times in their Chevy trucks...it's pretty impressive.

"Did you sleep well?"
    -- Steven Wright

I have a brand new 2500HD Turbo Diesel truck (what i use to tow my stang). I already got exhaust and ill have the chip soon... let me just say i have suprised a few ricers already with the thing, and its huge!!

Rob
    Automatic WRX Test Dummy/Pioneer. 11 Second Auto Club.

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by RobPA
    I have a brand new 2500HD Turbo Diesel truck (what i use to tow my stang). I already got exhaust and ill have the chip soon... let me just say i have suprised a few ricers already with the thing, and its huge!!

Rob
    Engine management/programmers make diesel trucks do things that big trucks shouldn't be able to do! I love it...

Keep us posted on your progress...
    "Did you sleep well?"
    -- Steven Wright

Since the truck has a nitrous kit on it (very evident by the pictures and also the full story later on), the N20 times are relevant and I'd expect the truck to win 99 out of 100 times when running the juice. If he wasn't spraying, I agree that it likely would have been a different outcome.

Regardless of how a big truck got there (bored & stroked, supercharged, turbo diesel, nitrous), it's still pretty impressive to see something that massive accelerating that quickly, and beating someone who was just a little too confident. I don't view this as beating a V2 WRX, just beating a driver who needed a lesson in humility.

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

ok to set things straight.

rob the owner (my buddy) was being conservitive by all means. And i was being a bit enthusiastic by all means. I would say the lead was somewhere inbetween what i said and he said.

Yes he did race a stage 2 (from vishnu). yes i know how fast they are i have the flipping stage 3 for christs sake (think it is in my profile on this site).

Anyways you guys found the srt4 post i think the mods are posted in that thread. As well as more specs ont he cam in my buddys post on ls1 tech. We hope to get the damn thing to the track and i wont be surprised if it turns a high 11 or very very low 12. Only issue at hand is getting the damn 4x4 to disenagage after the launch and get her into 2hi.

And its a 6 liter motor...

And we are gonna bump the shot up a bit as we checked all the plugs and they all check out perfect. That and we are running the shots super rich,

(.73 nitrous and .73 fuel running off of 1200 psi on the bottle and 6.5 psi on the fuel)

The cam is set up for nitrous, as is the tune.

Today my buddy took it by a pals shop and laid on it with the bottle and it kicked its ass out sieways going about 40 or so (he didnt expect it to do that).

This truck is a beast and i hope to get some video of that on wed night.

And to the bsers, dont get butt hurt guys there will allways be someone faster then you.

Originally posted by Dan00Hawk
    Since the truck has a nitrous kit on it (very evident by the pictures and also the full story later on), the N20 times are relevant and I'd expect the truck to win 99 out of 100 times when running the juice. If he wasn't spraying, I agree that it likely would have been a different outcome.

Regardless of how a big truck got there (bored & stroked, supercharged, turbo diesel, nitrous), it's still pretty impressive to see something that massive accelerating that quickly, and beating someone who was just a little too confident. I don't view this as beating a V2 WRX, just beating a driver who needed a lesson in humility.
    And it was exactly what it was a lesson in humility. That guy was talking a gang of **** about how he was never beaten or how he was the fastest. (he was telling this to me of all people, as i have the stage 3 wrx from shiv... and he knows it as well.. **** the guy even hinted that he could beat me...)

Anyways we are just stoked to have the truck running so damn well right now. The owner is thinking of milling the heads and bumping up the compression and displacement. Guy wants to run high 10s in his 4x4 hahaha.. Oh and he allready owns a 10.20 nova, and a full fledge rock crawler. He fabs up everything himself to helluva bud to have!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.